Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast
Results 201 to 220 of 366

Top Speed?

This is a discussion on Top Speed? within the Firebird / WS6 forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Originally Posted by SS 2002 533HP Mine was past buried.... but felt like more to come? My limit being changed ...

  1. #201
    Senior Member SS02's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    ...
    Posts
    2,819

    None
    ...

    Smile

    Quote Originally Posted by SS 2002 533HP View Post
    Mine was past buried.... but felt like more to come?
    My limit being changed makes me scared to blow it up!

    How did U read the 166, I was only guessing at the speed o being maxed and
    the time frame after that.... my speed o still moves after 155 for another
    5 as it looks??? Then some assuming????

    Lemons... leave it alone, buddy! I really like U, be more understanding!

    Work with me... PLEASE
    We could learn a thing from each other!?!? Me on cars and U... on?
    Well ask away! I have learned this site rocks! With a grain of salt!
    Peace Bro... I was very happy when U added me as a friend...
    Yep made my day...

    Sorry big hammer, my and lemons have a love hate thing going on!!!
    I hope meet him someday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Did not mean to bring U into it!

    Hi lemons... or lime with salt! Laugh... it was funny, toooo me!
    Just covering my @$$ from the man

  2. #202
    Senior Member big hammer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    manitoba, canada
    Posts
    1,731

    silver
    2002 ws6

    Quote Originally Posted by SS 2002 533HP View Post
    Mine was past buried.... but felt like more to come?
    My limit being changed makes me scared to blow it up!

    How did U read the 166, I was only guessing at the speed o being maxed and
    the time frame after that.... my speed o still moves after 155 for another
    5 as it looks??? Then some assuming????

    Lemons... leave it alone, buddy! I really like U, be more understanding!

    Work with me... PLEASE
    We could learn a thing from each other!?!? Me on cars and U... on?
    Well ask away! I have learned this site rocks! With a grain of salt!
    Peace Bro... I was very happy when U added me as a friend...
    Yep made my day...


    Sorry big hammer, my and lemons have a love hate thing going on!!!
    I hope meet him someday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Did not mean to bring U into it!

    Hi lemons... or lime with salt! Laugh... it was funny, toooo me!
    i had 166 on my hand held gps. that's the only way to party! get to shut up nay-sayers that way. still get the odd guy that says the gps must be wrong...

    i posted a pic of the 166 a page back or so.

  3. #203
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    78

    Blk/gld,Wht,Blu,Blk
    78TA,81PaceTA,92RS,02Hawk

    Quote Originally Posted by Cronex View Post
    Post the video please. Also, how many previous owners?
    I haven't had time to sort through all the footage we shot that day as i am very busy. When we get it all shot and edited it will be posted. One owner.

  4. #204
    Member Cronex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    367

    Pewter
    2001 Trans Am #693

    Quote Originally Posted by Bandit400 View Post
    I haven't had time to sort through all the footage we shot that day as i am very busy. When we get it all shot and edited it will be posted. One owner.
    Alright cool.

  5. #205
    LS1 chosen son lemons12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    tennessee
    Posts
    2,010

    TA-White, Camaro-Black
    Track-TA98A4 DD-98z28M6

    Quote Originally Posted by SS 2002 533HP View Post
    Mine was past buried.... but felt like more to come?
    My limit being changed makes me scared to blow it up!

    How did U read the 166, I was only guessing at the speed o being maxed and
    the time frame after that.... my speed o still moves after 155 for another
    5 as it looks??? Then some assuming????

    Lemons... leave it alone, buddy! I really like U, be more understanding!

    Work with me... PLEASE
    We could learn a thing from each other!?!? Me on cars and U... on?
    Well ask away! I have learned this site rocks! With a grain of salt!
    Peace Bro... I was very happy when U added me as a friend...
    Yep made my day...

    Sorry big hammer, my and lemons have a love hate thing going on!!!
    I hope meet him someday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Did not mean to bring U into it!

    Hi lemons... or lime with salt! Laugh... it was funny, toooo me!
    ...

  6. #206
    BLKHWK Durango's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    New Brunswick Canada
    Age
    47
    Posts
    881

    Black
    BLK TA modded 12.2@113mph

    I use to run 122MPH on a snowmobile and I am now walking with a cane for the rest of my life and in a lot of pain but in a straight line I brought mine to 140mph and it was still going up, didn't feel that fast compare to a sled.
    I don't know what is done to it I bought it drove it for 4 weeks and now it is in storage for the winter. It's a 99 TA A4 LS1 TTop black,flowmaster exhaust and I still like it.Don't know what to tell you.

    Drive it but watch it you never know believe me....

  7. #207
    Member 01 LS1 Formula's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    aurora colorado
    Age
    27
    Posts
    211

    Pewter
    2001 formula

    i did 150 in a 2001 formula non ws6 car but i had mti air lid k and n filter and breather value smotth bellow torque arm and panhard bar

  8. #208
    MANWHORE TEAM suede's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Your Mom's Bedroom
    Posts
    4,548

    Negro
    2000 Trans Am WS.6

    lol the old 83 yz will touch a hundo... imagane that across a hayfield...scary as fuck...

  9. #209
    Impwnded Smkn_TA's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Davenport, Iowa
    Age
    29
    Posts
    1,977

    Bright Red
    1999 Trans Am Ws6

    m6 with 3.42's. I've had it to 153 before running out of road and I had a lot of rpm left to use. Made me realize how much wasted power I have. Definitley should get the 4.10s. I always do it at night so I can see headlights comming to know if a cop might be comming. Soon as I got over 130 my brother started freaking out. What a pansy.

  10. #210
    Member herculesrider1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    TX
    Posts
    504

    Red
    '00 TransAm RamAir WS6 M6

    Quote Originally Posted by RedVertTA View Post
    Look, I don't have a 6 speed, I'm just telling you someone else's story from what I read from the site. But how do you know it won't hit those speeds in 6th, have you topped out a stock 6 speed?

    Can I ask if you've even gone the to solent renegades site to check it out before posting me I'm wrong?
    OK, I have a 6 speed. All 3 times that I topped her out, it was in 5th gear. I tried shifting to 6th at 155, but it was if I kept her in 5th. It didn't increase or decrease rpm's. Our stock engines do not have enough hp/torque to overcome that stiff gear ratio that 6th has. Been there, done that!!!

  11. #211
    MANWHORE TEAM suede's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Your Mom's Bedroom
    Posts
    4,548

    Negro
    2000 Trans Am WS.6

    Quote Originally Posted by Smkn_TA View Post
    m6 with 3.42's. I've had it to 153 before running out of road and I had a lot of rpm left to use. Made me realize how much wasted power I have. Definitley should get the 4.10s. I always do it at night so I can see headlights comming to know if a cop might be comming. Soon as I got over 130 my brother started freaking out. What a pansy.
    till that deer jumps out in front of you..... then you have a mess...

  12. #212
    Felix bigbucks39's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Billings
    Age
    31
    Posts
    51

    Pewter
    2002 Trans am WS6

    i did 168 before the governor took over and shut it down. i went into the program and took it off the other day and got it up to 172 it gets a little squirly at those speeds i recomend if your going to do it make sure your on a good road. i was on an interstate that i dont travel that much and any little bump throws you off alot with that solid rear axle.

  13. #213
    MANWHORE TEAM suede's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Your Mom's Bedroom
    Posts
    4,548

    Negro
    2000 Trans Am WS.6

    Quote Originally Posted by bigbucks39 View Post
    i did 168 before the governor took over and shut it down. i went into the program and took it off the other day and got it up to 172 it gets a little squirly at those speeds i recomend if your going to do it make sure your on a good road. i was on an interstate that i dont travel that much and any little bump throws you off alot with that solid rear axle.
    How do you know you were going that fast?

  14. #214
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    rochester,ny
    Age
    39
    Posts
    2,667

    pewter
    2001 z28 lingenfelter 383

    Quote Originally Posted by suede View Post
    How do you know you were going that fast?
    prolly gps.....lotta ppl have them these days!!! lol...thats scary as fuck goin that fast....ive buried the needle into the 155 just one time yrs ago when i was young and dumb in my 99z ....fastest ive gone in my current is prolly 135ish.....its fast enough

  15. #215
    Felix bigbucks39's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Billings
    Age
    31
    Posts
    51

    Pewter
    2002 Trans am WS6

    Quote Originally Posted by suede View Post
    How do you know you were going that fast?
    i have digital OBDII guages on my pillar. one of the only reasons i got them. the first time i burried the needle i went looking for somthing that would show me how fast i was actually going, alot of the places in town would question why i needed a guage that would read over 160 and basicaly tell me to F off.
    2002 WS.6--------------------1994 Camaro
    QTP LT headers-----------------V6 3.4L Bone stock!
    QTP ORY W/Cutouts - POS!
    SLP CAI Lid
    SLP Line Locks
    Aeroforce OBD-II Gauges
    92mm FAST Intake
    92mm FAST TB
    Stage 2 A4 trans

  16. #216
    War Machine BIG GUNS's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    St. Louis MO.
    Age
    53
    Posts
    2,100

    Black
    00 Trans Am/Auto

    Quote Originally Posted by bigbucks39 View Post
    i did 168 before the governor took over and shut it down. i went into the program and took it off the other day and got it up to 172 it gets a little squirly at those speeds i recomend if your going to do it make sure your on a good road. i was on an interstate that i dont travel that much and any little bump throws you off alot with that solid rear axle.
    Holy hell. I thought 134mph was weird enough. I did 134mph for about 5 minutes and I covered a lot of Interstate in a hurry. Iowa of all places. They spend a lot of money on law enforcement in that state.

    I got lucky enough to see pretty far before I did it but, went over a few ridges and had balls of steel for those 5 minutes.
    Last edited by BIG GUNS; 12-05-2008 at 07:46 PM. Reason: typo....lol.

  17. #217
    Army of 1 wooddaniel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Alachua, Fl
    Age
    36
    Posts
    1,733

    Ignition Orange/Black
    2008 G8 GT, 98 Z28 383

    Quote Originally Posted by BIG GUNS View Post
    Holy hell. I thought 134mph was weird enough. I did 134mph for about 5 minutes and I covered a lot of Interstate in a hurry. Iowa of all places. They spend a lot of money on law enforcement in that state.

    I got lucky enough to see pretty far before I did it but, went over a few ridges and had balls of steel for those 5 minutes.
    cant do that in Florida... state troopers here are ruthless. I have been a Deputy here for aout 2 years now and everytime I stop out with a trooper they usually write at least 2 tickets. Never seen them give warnings

  18. #218
    Member mk99z28's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    WI
    Posts
    281

    Bright Blue Metallic
    1999 Camaro Z28

    135 mph at LMS in North Carolina... could go faster... m6 Z28..

  19. #219
    Member 02WS6dream's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Age
    34
    Posts
    668

    08 Mustang GT/CS Blue
    2002 Trans Am WS6 traded

    some of you are f'n nuts!!! I mean, we can be friends and all, but you are in fact a lil crazy to go 150+ in these cars--no preaching needed. Had mine (02 ws6 auto) 13X lots of times; which I know is also too fast... The mustang has been that fast 2 or 3 times.

  20. #220
    Senior Member SS02's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    ...
    Posts
    2,819

    None
    ...

    Quote Originally Posted by 02WS6dream View Post
    some of you are f'n nuts!!! I mean, we can be friends and all, but you are in fact a lil crazy to go 150+ in these cars--no preaching needed. Had mine (02 ws6 auto) 13X lots of times; which I know is also too fast... The mustang has been that fast 2 or 3 times.
    U cannot post here with a Ford... We will get U banned!


Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Land Speed Racers - High-Speed Bombers
    By Ed Blown Vert in forum Almost Anything Goes
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-16-2010, 06:20 PM
  2. lt16 speed compared to an ls1 6 speed
    By NOmulletLs7 in forum Manual Transmission
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-07-2009, 01:26 PM
  3. Dodge Hemi Speed Demon - The Speed Demons
    By Ed Blown Vert in forum Almost Anything Goes
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-10-2008, 09:30 PM
  4. 6 speed 1st geat speed
    By leod123 in forum Firebird / WS6
    Replies: 47
    Last Post: 10-17-2007, 01:41 PM
  5. 17 psi srt4 5 speed vs 6 speed 99' trans am
    By via sin dios in forum Kill Stories
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 05-26-2007, 04:05 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •