Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Too old?

This is a discussion on Too old? within the Firebird / WS6 forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; I just turned 34 and if I don't get hit by someone or it just completly falls apart I'll have ...

White
    1998 Trans Am

I just turned 34 and if I don't get hit by someone or it just completly falls apart I'll have my 98 TA when I'm 44, Hopefully I'll have a nice C6 to park next to it by next year though. As I get older and got a C6 LS3 Hertz Vette for a $10/day upgrade I have been wanting a C6. Soo much more comfortable than my TA but the TA is fun and was cheaper.
    1998 Trans Am 85k miles.
    Bolt ons, MS3 113LSA cam, Circle D Stall, Tune, Modified WS6 style hood, Full Suspension, 6000k HID's, Clear Side Markers w/ Leds, Led 3rd Brake Light and 18" AR Staggered Killer Wheels w/ BFG KDW NT's.- Weekend Toy/DD
    02 Trailblazer -Sold
    09 Ram 1500 CC - Sold
    09 Cobalt SS/TC - Sold
    13 ram 1500 LoneStar CC 4x4 - Magnaflow, K&N,and more to come-DD/Toy

sunset orange metallic
    2002 T/A convertible

Quote Originally Posted by BDowning View Post
    Now thats som funny shit ....I don't car who you are!!!
    Well thanky thanky there son, I'll be LIII next month and don't feel a day over 50!

Black
    2000 WS6 Trans AM

shit, I'm looking forward to my mid life crisis...my uncles consisted of a BMW M3, Yamaha LS2000 Jet Boat and a 2010 Sea-Doo GTX....its just an excuse to buy a bunch of cool shit and I can't wait for mine

Impounded

VW BEETLE W/ FLOWER
    88 CRX

to old? lol its the old men that i fear most when it comes to cars...

Impounded

VW BEETLE W/ FLOWER
    88 CRX

my dads 55 and he has owned a 99 camaro z28 and now owns an 05 GTO never to old!

Bright Red
    99 Firehawk #157 Roadster

Looks like a few of us older guys dig ragtops too...

autoconnectionllc.com 02transamce's Avatar

2007 Corvette
    Ebony

Not too old,friend of mine at work bought his first Harley at age 45,last year.
    Posted via Mobile Device

98 Formula
    06 duramax

Quote Originally Posted by 99'CajunFirehawk157 View Post
    Looks like a few of us older guys dig ragtops too...
    that's so you can feel the wind where your hair once was

Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by 0rion View Post
    Awe, Man...

04 Cobra 'vert - M6 mysti
    02 WS6 coupe - A4 red

Ludicrosity! Ludicrousness? Well anyway the thought that you're too old at 45 for a TA is ludicrous. Doesn't everybody say 40 is the new 30 and all that bs? What, is that except for driving a sports car? You're supposed to drive what, a Towncar now? Bah...

As others have said, I plan on driving these cars til I get old and start running into things...

Black
    2000 WS6 6spd Hooker LT

Quote Originally Posted by RyanJM View Post
    I just turned 34 and if I don't get hit by someone or it just completly falls apart I'll have my 98 TA when I'm 44, Hopefully I'll have a nice C6 to park next to it by next year though. As I get older and got a C6 LS3 Hertz Vette for a $10/day upgrade I have been wanting a C6. Soo much more comfortable than my TA but the TA is fun and was cheaper.

You are young.

Quote Originally Posted by TmaxicanA View Post
    to old? lol its the old men that i fear most when it comes to cars...

For good reason. Older men usually have more money to spend, and keep the outside looking stock.

Quote Originally Posted by 02transamce View Post
    Not too old,friend of mine at work bought his first Harley at age 45,last year.
    Posted via Mobile Device
    Now here is a mid-life crisis. First Harley? at 45? All indications are mid life crisis, but maybe not.

Quote Originally Posted by shady milkman View Post
    damn you people are old..i didn't know ls1s could actually go 10 under the speed limit
    You are youngest.

But, I always thought that way about Corvettes when I see them being driven by a gray haired guy doing 10 under.

Too Old? Never. Not me, anyway, and I've found out a whole lot more like me. May never have a 10 sec car, or even an 11 sec car, but what the hell, almost 110 MPH in a 1/4 mile acceleration is almost fast enough.

pewter
    2000 camaro Z28

i would have to agree with the older guys on here. i am only 31 with 2 daughters and wife . but i got no funds left over they spend more then i make sometimes i only get left overs so my poor camaro gets left in garage screaming mod me now. this winter i am hopeing funding is going to be there for exhaust gears stall suspension upgrades.

Epoxy Block atm
    '68 Firebird LS1

happy birthday, and congrats on the new t/a! i always try to encourage my dad to get a nice fast car, and he's 60 in a year... i guess it's not his thing anymore, wish it were, though hah.

Black
    2000 WS6 6spd Hooker LT

Quote Originally Posted by pewter Z28 View Post
    i would have to agree with the older guys on here. i am only 31 with 2 daughters and wife . but i got no funds left over they spend more then i make sometimes i only get left overs so my poor camaro gets left in garage screaming mod me now. this winter i am hopeing funding is going to be there for exhaust gears stall suspension upgrades.

Damn I know that sound.

2002 Z28 A4 NBM
    Sadly now demodded :(

Quote Originally Posted by 0rion View Post
    I had a vert (96 Z28) prior to purchasing the 02 and I have waist length hair that's still (mostly) brown.

What's your excuse????

2002 Z28 A4 NBM

Quote Originally Posted by Too Fast View Post
    For good reason. Older men usually have more money to spend, and keep the outside looking stock.
    Bingo! That's me in a nutshell: Looks stock on the outside, modded on the inside runs mid 12's (soon to be faster)...
    67 Camaro: K-K + 797-z (look it up), 454/Th400/4.10 12-bolt = 6mpg, PS/PDB/PW tilt, tach, gauges...

2005 Corvette LS2/M6 Magnetic Red Metallic (What else would it be?) w/ Cashmere interior

2002 Z28: NBM/Tan, MTI smooth lid, smooth bellows, !AIR, !cats, 1-3/4" QTP SS LT's, 2-1/2" TD's with X-pipe, MagnaFlows dumped at axle, custom welded SFC's, MidWest Chassis body mount adjustable T/A, 3400 stall, 3.23 gears (was 2.73). Tuned: 343rwhp/357rwt (before TD's). Best: 12.559 @ 108+, 1.73 60' @ 3500' DA w/MT ET Street DR's.

Carbon footprint? CLOWN SHOE!

2002 Arctic White T/A Ws6islife's Avatar

Metallic Pewter
    2002 SLP Firehawk

Quote Originally Posted by pewter Z28 View Post
    only bad thing is that winter means x-mas :/

but anyways to add on..yes i definatly fear older guys with these types of cars. im 19, bought my first ls1 at 18 and when i am 51 i plan on owning a couple of t/a's as you see i have quite a bit of time to collect
    Last edited by Ws6islife; 09-15-2010 at 08:25 PM. Reason: add..

sunset orange metallic
    2002 T/A convertible

Us older dudes (52 11/12ths) like 'verts 'cause driving with the top down dries out the Grecian Formula 16 a lot quicker, not to mention the " hide the bald spot " spray paint they used to sell on late nite t.v.!

2002 Z28 A4 NBM

Quote Originally Posted by 02ragtop t/a View Post
    Us older dudes (52 11/12ths) like 'verts 'cause driving with the top down dries out the Grecian Formula 16 a lot quicker, not to mention the " hide the bald spot " spray paint they used to sell on late nite t.v.!
    Thank God I've never had a need for that. Still got a "full head of hair"...

midnight blue
    2000 trans am

hahaha, this is a pretty good thread, shit I know a guy that is 74 and built his 64 drag vette, that fucker takes it down the 1/8th mile in 5.2 and he is still racking in around 5 to 8 tickets a year for busting little kids in the ricers and mustangs around the town. I find it quite hilarious but your never to old, once a gearhead always a gearhead!!!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information