Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 55

Tint limit

This is a discussion on Tint limit within the Firebird / WS6 forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Originally Posted by HOBS Ah I see. Thats a better outcome than I was thinking. Is the cop that pulled ...

  1. #21
    The Silver Bullet LS1_ws6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Brush Colorado
    Posts
    323

    Silver
    1999 Trans Am

    Quote Originally Posted by HOBS View Post
    Ah I see. Thats a better outcome than I was thinking. Is the cop that pulled you over one you see alot?
    Theres only about 10 cops or less here (small town) so yeah. he was the worst. others officers compliment my car and just tell me be safe.

  2. #22
    Senior Member tatertot91's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Coral Springs, Fl
    Posts
    5,773

    Sunset Orange Metalic
    2001 Camaro SS

    Quote Originally Posted by HOBS View Post
    Edit: You guys do realize why cops don't like dark tint right?
    if your tint is too dark they cant see you giving them the bird

  3. #23
    expensive tires az gt eater's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    phoenix
    Posts
    1,951

    white
    04 2500 4x4 crew cab

    Quote Originally Posted by 98maro View Post
    cops say the front tint is illegal for "safety".. when they pull some over they want to see what the hell is the driver doing,, so that means cops are scared,,
    If that's the case, put him at ease, pull all the way over off the road, rool the windows down, shut the car off, and put your pistol on the ttops if you have time, or on the dash. And its not illegal to keep driving if an undercover pulls you over. You can actually call the cops if an undercover pulls you over. And wait til a marked car shows up.

  4. #24
    The Silver Bullet LS1_ws6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Brush Colorado
    Posts
    323

    Silver
    1999 Trans Am

    Quote Originally Posted by brendan.9 View Post
    I always had an idea when you get pulled over put ur windows down and have a switch that kills the power to the windows so the cant go back up, than you can't show them the tint of the window.
    My passenger window takes about 2 min to go down. would have to replace the motor on that side too.

  5. #25
    Big Gulps, huh? HOBS's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Idaho
    Posts
    440

    Black
    1999 Trans Am

    Quote Originally Posted by 98maro View Post
    cops say the front tint is illegal for "safety".. when they pull some over they want to see what the hell is the driver doing,, so that means cops are scared,,
    If by scared you mean wanting to go home to their families at night instead of bleeding to death on the side of a highway cause some wanna-be hard ass decided he didn't want a speeding ticket. Then yeah they're scared.

  6. #26
    expensive tires az gt eater's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    phoenix
    Posts
    1,951

    white
    04 2500 4x4 crew cab

    Quote Originally Posted by HOBS View Post
    If by scared you mean wanting to go home to their families at night instead of bleeding to death on the side of a highway cause some wanna-be hard ass decided he didn't want a speeding ticket. Then yeah they're scared.
    Yeah, thinking about that video of the old guy with an m-1. Not cool.

  7. #27
    Big Gulps, huh? HOBS's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Idaho
    Posts
    440

    Black
    1999 Trans Am

    Quote Originally Posted by az gt eater View Post
    If that's the case, put him at ease, pull all the way over off the road, rool the windows down, shut the car off, and put your pistol on the ttops if you have time, or on the dash. And its not illegal to keep driving if an undercover pulls you over. You can actually call the cops if an undercover pulls you over. And wait til a marked car shows up.
    Do not pull any weapon out when you get pulled over. Wait til he cops up to the window and tell him you have a firearm in the car if he asks or hand him your concealed carry permit when he asks for your drivers license.

  8. #28
    Big Gulps, huh? HOBS's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Idaho
    Posts
    440

    Black
    1999 Trans Am

    Quote Originally Posted by az gt eater View Post
    Yeah, thinking about that video of the old guy with an m-1. Not cool.
    Agreed that videos jacked up.

  9. #29
    expensive tires az gt eater's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    phoenix
    Posts
    1,951

    white
    04 2500 4x4 crew cab

    concealed weapons permit isn't needed here in az. The youngest contiguous state btw.

  10. #30
    Big Gulps, huh? HOBS's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Idaho
    Posts
    440

    Black
    1999 Trans Am

    Huh ya learn something new every day.

  11. #31
    Senior Member 98maro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    north bay california
    Age
    28
    Posts
    2,973

    Black
    00 camaro ss M6 #6695

    Quote Originally Posted by HOBS View Post
    If by scared you mean wanting to go home to their families at night instead of bleeding to death on the side of a highway cause some wanna-be hard ass decided he didn't want a speeding ticket. Then yeah they're scared.
    most of the cops are assholes.. ans pussies too.. thats why i dnt like them.. i have my reasons to say it.. i know the are people like us or me, but they dnt have right to threat us like shit not because they have a badge and a gun means we are afraid of them. i been pull over before i act cool with them and they act like dick with civilians.
    i respect cops but they abuse sometimes.. most of the time i get pulled over they take me out of the car for no fucking reason, one time one cop took me out of my car just because he didnt belive me the car was mine.. he tought i stole it.. fuck them..

    and yes they are scared,,,
    00 ss blk m6 " STOCK" strano springs, slp bilstein shocks, adj LCA, adj panhard bar, relocation brackets, 2 point SFCs welded,OEM zo6 rims black, magnaflow exhaust, CME exhaust,E/cutout, slp grille, custom front plate mount, HIDs, whistler mod, side moldings delete, slp air lid, ported and polished TB, strut tower brace, 3.73s gears, and some other parts to list!
    next to come,4.10s,ls7 clutch, ms3 or 228r cam, ported 243s, ls6 intake, ls6 oil pump. ls2 timing chain, longtube headers no cats, with a tune..
    02 tahoe Z71 blacked out
    00 jeep grand Cherokee limited on 22s.
    07 Dodge Charger R/T Inferno Red, Sold
    98 z28 red m6 sold
    07 zx6r ninja flat/black sold
    08 zx6r ninja sold

  12. #32
    Big Gulps, huh? HOBS's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Idaho
    Posts
    440

    Black
    1999 Trans Am

    We can banter back and forth as to why your an idiot in PM's if you want. I didn't intend to thread jack the OP with that question so lets get this back on track.

  13. #33
    Senior Member Schmalgar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Alpharetta, Ga
    Age
    45
    Posts
    1,060

    04 Cobra 'vert - M6 mysti
    02 WS6 coupe - A4 red

    Indeed. I'd recommend toning down the cop bashing. Cops too often get shot by stupid punks who don't want to get a speeding ticket. There's nothing 'scared' about trying to prevent that.

  14. #34
    Just me Y2KPewterSS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Broken Arrow, OK
    Age
    42
    Posts
    23,353

    Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

    Quote Originally Posted by 98maro View Post
    most of the cops are assholes.. ans pussies too.. thats why i dnt like them.. i have my reasons to say it.. i know the are people like us or me, but they dnt have right to threat us like shit not because they have a badge and a gun means we are afraid of them. i been pull over before i act cool with them and they act like dick with civilians.
    i respect cops but they abuse sometimes.. most of the time i get pulled over they take me out of the car for no fucking reason, one time one cop took me out of my car just because he didnt belive me the car was mine.. he tought i stole it.. fuck them..

    and yes they are scared,,,
    Quote Originally Posted by HOBS View Post
    We can banter back and forth as to why your an idiot in PM's if you want. I didn't intend to thread jack the OP with that question so lets get this back on track.

    Both of the above posts are pushing it. Either handle it yourselves in PMs, or I will deal with it accordingly.

  15. #35
    expensive tires az gt eater's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    phoenix
    Posts
    1,951

    white
    04 2500 4x4 crew cab

    yeah, theres a bill in the house tommorow to make the colt saa (single action army) the official firearm of az. They say its cause it was so instrumental in shaping Az.and at the same time, tommorow, there is a bill to make it illegal for companies to restrict self defense carry. ( which you no longer need a permit for concealed.) You will only NOT be able to carry in liqour establishments, and "protected" places. Which will be banks and govt buildings. Shouldn't include banks. We should be able to carry in a bank. I mean, really if I wanted to rob a bank, how hard is that? Not willing to give up freedom. Only defend it.

  16. #36
    Big Gulps, huh? HOBS's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Idaho
    Posts
    440

    Black
    1999 Trans Am

    Quote Originally Posted by LS1_ws6 View Post
    My passenger window takes about 2 min to go down. would have to replace the motor on that side too.
    I wouldn't worry about the passenger side so much. I grew up in a small town and 99% of the time they came to the drivers window. I assume its the same in brush. Then again its a good reason to finally replace the motor.

  17. #37
    Senior Member 98maro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    north bay california
    Age
    28
    Posts
    2,973

    Black
    00 camaro ss M6 #6695

    but it doesnt mean that every person that has a tint in the front is gonna kill a cop.. i understand they do it for safety.. but they shouldnt act the way they act some times. just because they are cops..

  18. #38
    expensive tires az gt eater's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    phoenix
    Posts
    1,951

    white
    04 2500 4x4 crew cab

    nd dont piss off Y2K, you'll get some of this red ink. LOL

  19. #39
    Just me Y2KPewterSS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Broken Arrow, OK
    Age
    42
    Posts
    23,353

    Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

    Quote Originally Posted by 98maro View Post
    but it doesnt mean that every person that has a tint in the front is gonna kill a cop.. i understand they do it for safety.. but they shouldnt act the way they act some times. just because they are cops..
    Enough, last warning.

  20. #40
    Senior Member 98maro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    north bay california
    Age
    28
    Posts
    2,973

    Black
    00 camaro ss M6 #6695

    Quote Originally Posted by Y2KPewterSS View Post
    Both of the above posts are pushing it. Either handle it yourselves in PMs, or I will deal with it accordingly.
    i apologize for my comment.. but he started it..

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. can silver window tint go ontop of black tint
    By qwik219d9 in forum Almost Anything Goes
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-08-2016, 12:40 PM
  2. 32% Tint BEFORE vs 22% Tint AFTER 01 Z28 ! PICS !!
    By 5abivt in forum Appearance Section
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 07-15-2009, 09:17 AM
  3. Pewter SS, To tint or not to Tint
    By gfeller2006 in forum Camaro / SS
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 08-28-2008, 01:55 PM
  4. Legal tint limit?
    By cujo in forum Almost Anything Goes
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 04-04-2007, 09:32 AM
  5. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-26-2007, 01:49 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •