Time to say goodbye...

This is a discussion on Time to say goodbye... within the Firebird / WS6 forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Hey everyone... I've got a 1998 Formula Firebird that I am looking to get rid of. I really hate to ...

Blue-Green Chameleon
    1998 Formula Firebird

Unhappy Time to say goodbye...

Hey everyone... I've got a 1998 Formula Firebird that I am looking to get rid of. I really hate to do it, but I don't have the time it would take to fix her back up and I'm being pressured to clear it out of the garage.

I would put it on ebay motors, but I've got a small problem. Shortly before I stopped driving it full time I got into a fender bender and cracked the driver's side fender, the bumper and put a slight dent in the hood. The foglight was mangled along with the ever expensive headlight. The headlight cover was also destroyed. (Links to pics at the bottom)

The car runs, but it has plenty of other issues. The car has the original clutch with 127,000 miles on it and it is about done. The synchros in the transmission are really worn out, so the tranny would definitely need a rebuild. The power window motors and the antenna motors don't work. The dash pad is cracked and so are some of the other interior pieces.

I bought the car new and had taken care of it from Day 1, but things piled up fast at the end. I'm not looking to get any significant amount of money, but would like a little something... I'm sure someone with the time and money can have it looking and running great. The only mods I ever made were to put on a Borla catback exhaust (which I had welded in place) and to do the skip shift eliminator mod. The AC compressor was replaced at around 90,000 miles and I changed out the radiator, power steering pump and alternator around 100,000 miles since they all failed around the same time. I've used Mobil 1 synthetic oil in the car since the odometer hit 500 miles and it has never burned oil in those 127,000 miles.

Any idea what I should do? I live in South Florida... so if anyone has any local ideas/help that would be helpful too. If nothing else, I guess I can throw it on ebay as a parts car... but then how much would you suggest I sell it for?

Here are some pictures of how it currently looks:

http://theflash95.googlepages.com/car1.jpg
    http://theflash95.googlepages.com/car2.jpg
    http://theflash95.googlepages.com/car3.jpg
    http://theflash95.googlepages.com/car4.jpg
    http://theflash95.googlepages.com/car5.jpg

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

with the milage and current damge you'd probably only be able to sell for 5,000.00 or so... honestly your best bet is to keep it... fix it up... and then sell it later on down the road...

Blue-Green Chameleon
    1998 Formula Firebird

As much as I would like to fix it up, I really don't have the option right now. $5,000 I would take, but I'm not certain I would get even that much. Any idea on where to sell? eBay? Autotrader?

Black
    1999 Camaro SS #1437

I say donate it to Spazapalooza 2010 for the burnouts and off road fun. IMO

2011 Prius

Quote Originally Posted by doberman 152 View Post
    I say donate it to Spazapalooza 2010 for the burnouts and off road fun. IMO
    Or you can rafle it off there or something?

blau-green
    2001 T/A

What I Can got for my 01 T/A vert with 87500miles,ZR1 rims D/S rotors,flowmaster and all rest is stock

Custom Swirly Black
    2001 WS6 M6

Looks like the front calipers are going/are bad too. If the interior is pretty bad too, (no pics), I don't think it would be worth more than 3 or 4k. As said in many of other threads... it's all about what someone is willing to pay.

Best of luck with selling it.

Thread Information