Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

White
    1999 Transam WS6

Post Thoughts on this car?(Interested in purchasing)

It's a 2000 Trans Am with, 33,890 miles with an asking price of $13,999.

VIN: 2G2FV22G6Y2155457

How does the car look?
    What looks changed on the car(not stock, how does the stock exhaust look)?
    What are some things I should look for when checking the car out(common problems)?

Pictures:
    Click for full size
    Click for full size
    Click for full size
    Click for full size
    Click for full size
    Click for full size
    Click for full size
    Click for full size
    Click for full size
    Click for full size
    Click for full size
    Click for full size
    Click for full size
    Click for full size
    Click for full size
    Click for full size
    Click for full size
    Click for full size
    Click for full size
    Click for full size
    Click for full size
    Click for full size
    Click for full size
    Click for full size
    Click for full size
    Last edited by Aetos; 06-03-2008 at 06:10 PM.

Pewter
    2000 T/A WS-6

Looks stock to me and nice by the way I would try to talk them down on the price a bit.

Desert Boat Guy SouthernBornThriller's Avatar

Black 2002 T/A M6
    Green 1997 Ram 4x4

I can't see anything that isn't stock on it.

And really, the only common "problem" I know of with these cars is that damn power window motor. If the windows work, just look for obvious wear and tear and cosmetic issues.

Miles are fairly low, which is a good thing, and since the car is stock those miles probably weren't put on at the strip.

If you've got a silver tongue, or they're desperate to sell you could try and talk them down a bit, but for a car in the shape that's in (unless there is rust, scratches, or dings I couldn't see from the pics) that price is pretty good if it's on a dealer's lot.

Carfax the VIN, give it one more good look over, and take it for a drive to make sure the clutch/tranny is still in good shape. I don't think you'd regret driving that one home for under 14 grand.

Awaiting Activation

Pewter Metallic
    2002 Trans Am WS6 M6 D1SC

Looks completely stock, very low miles and a pretty good price. I agree with trying to talk them down a bit. Im sure they will work with you but if they budge a good amount definitely go for it.

Overall, looks like a good deal. Keep us updated about it.

Black
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am A4

That car is 100% stock and looks flawless. It's likely a "base" model due to the low-end rims. That car looks very, very clean. I can't even see any scratches on the front end! Also, I see no wear on the driver's seat bolster which is a very common problem. I'd check and make sure the power windows, power antenna, headlights, and stereo work properly. I would still try to talk them down quite a bit, that car was released 8 years ago. Twelve grand seems more reasonable to me if you can get him that low. FYI I paid $7800 on a 98 with 62,000 miles in September.
    Last edited by vannatte; 06-04-2008 at 06:59 AM.
    1998 Trans Am, A4, SLP Loudmouth I, US Exotics WS9 ram air hood, Volant intake, 3.23's, 70k miles

pewter
    00 TA m6 vert

looks 100% stock and real clean... price is pretty high though

Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

i have these seats and they suck! My last 2000 had better ones with lumbar/back adjusters. Look for a car with that, i swear it makes alllll the difference in the driving experience. You'll know b/c there will be 3 light gray buttons on the side.

Black
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am A4

Quote Originally Posted by third_shift|studios View Post
    Click for full size
    i have these seats and they suck! My last 2000 had better ones with lumbar/back adjusters. Look for a car with that, i swear it makes alllll the difference in the driving experience. You'll know b/c there will be 3 light gray buttons on the side.
    I thought all LS1 T/A's had the same seats. There are 3 buttons on the picture you posted. The middle one moves the seat backward and forward and the other 2 adjust the lumbar and bolsters.

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

I found a pic, appearantly there were 2 types of seats. Also 2 qualities of leather. Considering how well i knew the interior of my current and last WS6.

My last ws.6 had 3 gray buttons on the side and JET BLACK leather seats/console. The first button was like a 6 way position [foward, back, up/down, tilt front/back] the next two buttons controled the back supports-both lumbar and seat width. Yes, you could actually control whether or noth it was a snug fit around the waist or much looser-depended on body type and if you were a corner cutter.

The seats i have now are like his. Ebony [like a dark charcoal grey] and almost feel plastic. The 3 buttons you see do work as you said, but they are seperated as opposed to being all grouped into one controller like the last i described.
    Last edited by third_shift|studios; 06-04-2008 at 09:44 AM.

White
    1999 Transam WS6

Don't know how picky I can be about a car because of the seats it has in it

Within 100 miles of my zip, checking multiple sites, theres only about 5 ls1 firebirds, stick shift, with under 60k miles while being decently priced.

Thanks for all the advice so far guys, real helpful. I'll most likely be taking a drive out to see the car on Sunday (its about a 2 hour drive).

Red
    2001 Trans Am

looks like a great deal to me go for it

Black
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am A4

Click for full size
    I found a pic, appearantly there were 2 types of seats. Also 2 qualities of leather. Considering how well i knew the interior of my current and last WS6.

My last ws.6 had 3 gray buttons on the side and JET BLACK leather seats/console. The first button was like a 6 way position [foward, back, up/down, tilt front/back] the next two buttons controled the back supports-both lumbar and seat width. Yes, you could actually control whether or noth it was a snug fit around the waist or much looser-depended on body type and if you were a corner cutter.

The seats i have now are like his. Ebony [like a dark charcoal grey] and almost feel plastic. The 3 buttons you see do work as you said, but they are seperated as opposed to being all grouped into one controller like the last i described.
    I don't know what I was thinking. I looked and I have the same seats you just pictured but in grey.

Formula Driver! 96Firebirdformula's Avatar

Batman Black
    1996 Formula

Seen it on autotrader & Cars. seems like milage car for price. Still talk em down on price

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

Quote Originally Posted by vannatte View Post
    I don't know what I was thinking. I looked and I have the same seats you just pictured but in grey.
    right, 98-99 cars got "gray" 2000+ got ebony, black or tan

Black
    2002 Pontiac Firebird

Quote Originally Posted by vannatte View Post
    That car is 100% stock and looks flawless. It's likely a "base" model due to the low-end rims. That car looks very, very clean. I can't even see any scratches on the front end! Also, I see no wear on the driver's seat bolster which is a very common problem. I'd check and make sure the power windows, power antenna, headlights, and stereo work properly. I would still try to talk them down quite a bit, that car was released 8 years ago. Twelve grand seems more reasonable to me if you can get him that low. FYI I paid $7800 on a 98 with 62,000 miles in September.
    Wow! you got a great deal! what in the world was wrong with those people that sold it to you i'd have paid 10k for that car easy..

Black
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am A4

Quote Originally Posted by terrytheexpert View Post
    Wow! you got a great deal! what in the world was wrong with those people that sold it to you i'd have paid 10k for that car easy..
    That's one of the reasons I bought it. It wasn't my "dream" T/A (I'd have preferred a 6 speed), but I figured that I could easily turn around and sell that car for $10,000 after paying $7,800 for it. I got it off of Ebay and it was local so I was able to test drive it ahead of time and I just ended up winning the auction without it going very high. So far I've had zero mechanical issues (knock on wood) and mainly have spent money on cosmetic/performance parts.

Pewter
    2002 Trans Am WS6 M6

Click for full size

Believe me that seat makes all the difference, in my Firebird on long road trips I usually had to stop about every two hours because my back would stiffen up so bad. But with that seat in my WS6 I can usually go the whole trip without any back pains.

White
    1999 Transam WS6

Quote Originally Posted by raynor139 View Post
    Believe me that seat makes all the difference, in my Firebird on long road trips I usually had to stop about every two hours because my back would stiffen up so bad. But with that seat in my WS6 I can usually go the whole trip without any back pains.
    Everyone would love to have the exact options they like, but when you're on a budget for a USED car you can't always be picky about all the options you choose. The only thing I REALLY want is the ls1 with a manual transmission while having relatively low mileage (in good working condition).

Pewter
    2001 Trans Am #693

Yeah I agree with Aetos, when you're buying used don't expect everything you want option wise. Because it wasn't you're choice previously what the other person wanted and or had the budget for. But, even if you can't find one with everything you want option wise, there is always the choice of still buying it and adding them in later.

I see Yello and I like it 02cetransam's Avatar

yellow
    02 Collector Trans Am

looks like a clean car but there is always room to negotiate

Thread Information