Black
    1998 Firebird Formula

Thought i'd share, get some advice.

How's it going everyone, just thought id get some advice and share what's goin on. I own a 1998 Firebird Formula that iv'e had about two years. Bought it with 64k miles for only $8,000 In that time iv'e replaced the rear end, clutch, shocks n struts, went through a few headlight motors, and the general maintenance (tune up/flushes/ect) Car is still pretty stock and didn't wanna rush into mod'ing the hell out of it.

Sadly though i was in a "recent" accident. Happened 24th Dec (go figure -_-) on a rainy day, when another man slid into oncoming traffic and i swerved to avoid hitting him and hit a tree going about 35mph. The guy ended up barely missing me but collided with another car that was right behind me.

Currently have the bird in my garage and have been slowly putting her back together. Iv'e run into a few problems here and there on what to do considering the frame and some body work. As well as compatible airbag replacements/sensor. And what problems i might experience later on down the road.

Anyhow, when I finally got the car home about a week ago from storage (rented friends garage XD) And noticed some bending in the frame rails, as well as the upper/lower supports are a bit demolished. Iv'e been debating on having it towed to a shop and put on a frame machine because of the horrible ratings on most of the body/collision shops where i'm at. As well as there anal penetrating price's.

Car still runs great though (tested new radiator)

Any advice/input is appreciated, will be checking often and doing updates. Thanks -Colin

Pictures - focusing in on most of the damaged areas that worry me as well as well as overall damage.

Before

Current State

F-body airbag...

Note: was just testing new radiator, that's not how it actually sits.

Passenger side frame rail

Midnight Blue Metallic
    2001 Trans Am WS6

pull the motor and salvage as many parts as possible and get something old school and slap the ls1 in it

Black
    2000 WS6 Trans AM

Did you have full coverage? If so I'd just file a claim. If not I'd try and sue the guy that slid, you could make a pretty good case and at least get the repairs done.

Black
    1998 Firebird Formula

Quote Originally Posted by mangus2k1ws6 View Post
    pull the motor and salvage as many parts as possible and get something old school and slap the ls1 in it
    Iv'e given that idea quite a bit of thought, and searched for 2-3 months on a 98-02 TA roller but haven't come across a single one worth buying.

Quote Originally Posted by 1998 T/A View Post
    Did you have full coverage? If so I'd just file a claim. If not I'd try and sue the guy that slid, you could make a pretty good case and at least get the repairs done.
    I only had liability because i'm in college and well you know, IM BROKE.

Black
    2000 WS6 Trans AM

I only had liability because i'm in college and well you know, IM BROKE.[/QUOTE]

I feel ya college student as well...almost the same thing happened to me...full coverage from now on on any car I own, lesson learned.

Black
    1998 Firebird Formula

Yup..

Went up to a body/collision shop and got a quote for about $440-500 for JUST the frame rails (they say 11hrs, hmm) does that sound about right?

Black
    2000 WS6 Trans AM

maybe go to the vocational school in your area I know the one by me has a frame straightener and all teh good stuff...they painted my brothers car for cost of paint and did a really good job. you could try that route

red
    2001 pontiac WS6

Ouch,I'm just down the road in Seguin. Especially now since the weather is nice that must really suck. Try randy Adams off 35,that's where I got mine at.

Black
    1998 Firebird Formula

Quote Originally Posted by 1998 T/A View Post
    maybe go to the vocational school in your area I know the one by me has a frame straightener and all teh good stuff...they painted my brothers car for cost of paint and did a really good job. you could try that route
    I might possibly with a few other things, but the frame i wan't professionally done i think. Good idea though ty

Quote Originally Posted by bpopham22 View Post
    Ouch,I'm just down the road in Seguin. Especially now since the weather is nice that must really suck. Try randy Adams off 35,that's where I got mine at.
    I looked "Randy Adams Inc" up, sounds like a straight shady douche-bag. Even tried to get a good review by posting on himself. Idiot used his real name lol.

http://local.yahoo.com/details?id=19...iews#rvw-18-bm

NOOOOTY lol

Thread Information