Thinking about getting a WS6 Convertible

I found a really nice low mileage (47k) 01 WS6 convertible for sale locally. I have gone and looked at it and it seems pretty clean and well kept. I was starting to look at aftermarket stuff for it already and see a lot of items like the suspension is different for the verts. Why would the suspension be different? I wanted to get it and put a nice set of wheels and a set of springs on it to bring it down a little out of the clouds. Also what should I look for in the car and what should I be concerned with about it?
    Last edited by Meridius; 11-04-2016 at 03:16 PM.

2001 WS6

I have an 01 vert and ever saw anything different with suspension. Call ws6store.com and inquire. Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Navy Blue
    2002 Trans Am WS6 Conv

Verts require different subframe connectors due to differences in the tunnel area. Springs are also different due to the overall weight of the car. The extra reinforcement for the body of convertibles brings extra weight. Other than that, most suspension parts are the same.
    ATI Procharger, SFCs, Y-pipe, LM2, BBK Shorty Headers, Corvette N73 Magnesium Wheels, 4th Circle Designs Stripe and Overlay kit

I figured the frame connectors were different but the springs are what really threw me off. Some companies state not for convertible in the ad and others dont specify.

I started with thirdgen F bodies a long time ago then got out of it so now Im thinking about getting this car to play around with. we will see what happens. I would rather get a hardtop but this car is just to spotless and I know the previous owner so I know it wasnt ran hard at all.

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/ mods, 00 FBVert

UMI Performance makes a 3 point SFC that helps convertibles a lot. Check them out.
    http://www.ls1.com/forums/f7/my-6-liter-build-174257/

http://www.ls1.com/forums/f8/my-8-8-rear-build-165553/

6.0L Block - Forged 403ci , Polluter Stg3 Cam, FAST 102mm Intake, NW102 TB, MSD wires, NGK TR6 plugs, Truck Coil Packs, LS3 Fuel Injectors, CC Pacesetter LT Headers, TS&P ORY, QTP e-Cutout, Magnaflow Muffler, 104mm Air Lid & Line Lock, Catch Can, Stage 2 T56 w/Viper shaft, PRO 5.0 Shifter, Tick MC, SPEC Stg3+ Clutch, QT SFI BH, MWC DSL, Full UMI Performance Suspension, Belstein Shocks, Hotchkis Springs (1" Drop), YR1 Snowflake Wheels wrapped in NT555 tires & Custom Fab Ford 8.8 rear w/Wavetrac Diff 3.73 Yukon Gears, WSQ Hood, 3"CM Strange Eng Drive Shaft.

00 FB Vert - Stock

78 FB - Just getting started......

Horsepower never lies, but is often lied about!

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/ mods, 00 FBVert

I have Hotchkiss 1" drop springs with no complaints.

I wonder why if the car is spotless and it wasn't driven hard why you wouldn't keep it bone stock - if it is indeed still stock.

These cars are getting harder and harder to find in stock form. And there's just not lots of them left w lower mileage like that.

I have to say, every time I see one more TA modded up - I smile a bit more at my bone stock 2001 WS6 w 15,000 miles.

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

I don't think these cars will ever be considered classic cars which will be worth a lot so keeping one in stock form doesn't really matter. Do what you want to the car that will make you happy.
    Boost gets you laid, unless your name is Jon.

Thread Information