Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 32 of 32

Are these bad numbers?

This is a discussion on Are these bad numbers? within the Firebird / WS6 forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Mine made 285 stock(a4) at around 70k on the clock-your not doing to bad....

  1. #21
    Member c5z28's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Bay Area
    Posts
    8,120

    On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

    Mine made 285 stock(a4) at around 70k on the clock-your not doing to bad.

  2. #22
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Milwaukee
    Posts
    3,260

    Arctic White, red/gray
    1997 Corvette, 92 Typhoon

    Mine made 317rwhp on a dynojet. Never put it on a mustang dyno but i would probably have been around 280whp.

  3. #23
    Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Age
    36
    Posts
    21,719

    My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

    Quote Originally Posted by Zinergy View Post
    Mine made 317rwhp on a dynojet. Never put it on a mustang dyno but i would probably have been around 280whp.
    My original M6 ws.6 made 315hp/tq on a Mustang dyno. Only mods were K&N and borla catback.

    my current car, m6 ws6, tuned with headers/corsa made 325/340 on a Dynojet

    I'm just very surprized at a stock A4 car loosing that much hp on a Dynojet.

  4. #24
    Member TA98's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    863

    Black
    1998 Trans Am

    I thought it was actually going to do worse. I wasnt that disapointed in it. Although it did get shut down by my buddies SRT-4 that made 275 hp And 378 tq. the tq is just crazy for that four cylinder, everyone was suprised at that thing.

  5. #25
    Member 1998 T/A's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Huron Ohio
    Posts
    759

    Black
    2000 WS6 Trans AM

    dump some engine restorer in the sucker next oil change...I was sceptical about it but when i just said fuck it and did it i felt a diference

  6. #26
    Custom Painter/Tech Customta98's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Plainwell, Mi
    Age
    32
    Posts
    230

    Flame Red / Orange Custom
    1998 Trans Am

    That sounds about right, i love how everyone who has not gone through this before thinks that their TA / Camaro is going to have like 400 HP but its just not true, 280 is not bad at all especially for 150,000 + and stock, thats about what i had when i dynoed mine and i only had 70,000 miles. With a little bit of work you can make it a lot more powerful. Have fun in your testing trials.

  7. #27
    Member BirdCountry02's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Virginia
    Age
    29
    Posts
    676

    Maple Red Metallic
    2002 Trans Am M6

    Quote Originally Posted by T/A98 View Post
    I thought it was actually going to do worse. I wasnt that disapointed in it. Although it did get shut down by my buddies SRT-4 that made 275 hp And 378 tq. the tq is just crazy for that four cylinder, everyone was suprised at that thing.
    as much as i hate to say it, those srt's are sleepers. i wasn't expectin it either. my best friend just bought one. not a bad dd. but bein so light they can be underestimated

  8. #28
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Milwaukee
    Posts
    3,260

    Arctic White, red/gray
    1997 Corvette, 92 Typhoon

    Quote Originally Posted by third_shift|studios View Post
    My original M6 ws.6 made 315hp/tq on a Mustang dyno. Only mods were K&N and borla catback.

    my current car, m6 ws6, tuned with headers/corsa made 325/340 on a Dynojet

    I'm just very surprized at a stock A4 car loosing that much hp on a Dynojet.
    Mine was a m6 and that 317rwhp was stock, with a tune, headers, hooker catback and slp lid it made 357whp/361wtrq.

    If he pulled 280whp on a mustang dyno then he would probably pull 300whp on a dynojet which is pretty good for a stock a4 with 170kmiles on it.
    Last edited by Zinergy; 05-19-2009 at 09:29 AM.

  9. #29
    Knight of Chaos xzaero0's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Nebraska
    Age
    37
    Posts
    468

    Black
    2000 Trans Am

    1st time I had mine on the dyno with 2.5 duals, K&N, Predator and edelbrock shorties, around 100,000 miles and it put down only 281hp and 289tq. It was a Mustang dyno. All of them are different so dont feel bad its just a tool.

  10. #30
    cammed & slammed Kaotic_ws6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Jacksonville Tx
    Age
    26
    Posts
    983

    Black
    2002 ws6 (6 speed)

    Quote Originally Posted by xzaero0 View Post
    1st time I had mine on the dyno with 2.5 duals, K&N, Predator and edelbrock shorties, around 100,000 miles and it put down only 281hp and 289tq. It was a Mustang dyno. All of them are different so dont feel bad its just a tool.
    somethins DEFF up with that lol
    1999 mbm Z m6/ forged 346, lt's, wires, ls6 intake, sts rear turbo.

    *SOLD*2002 black ws6- <Bolt ons, ls6 heads, mild cam, dyno tune, full susp. and 4.10s> --440rwhp/395rwtq

  11. #31
    Moderator Firebirdjones's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    12,552
    Keep in mind the chassis dyno is just a tuning tool. Numbers are going to be all over the place due to a number of reasons. It's just a number for tuning purposes.
    Whats important here is to just stick to the same dyno for all your tuning and modifications down the road so you can be sure you are making progress.

    In the end it's the ET and MPH at the track that counts

  12. #32
    cammed & slammed Kaotic_ws6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Jacksonville Tx
    Age
    26
    Posts
    983

    Black
    2002 ws6 (6 speed)

    Quote Originally Posted by Firebirdjones View Post
    Keep in mind the chassis dyno is just a tuning tool. Numbers are going to be all over the place due to a number of reasons. It's just a number for tuning purposes.
    Whats important here is to just stick to the same dyno for all your tuning and modifications down the road so you can be sure you are making progress.

    In the end it's the ET and MPH at the track that counts
    true true

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. The Numbers are in!!!!!!!
    By FSANE in forum Almost Anything Goes
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 04-25-2008, 09:56 PM
  2. Low numbers...?
    By nseldy in forum Dyno Information
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 11-27-2007, 10:49 AM
  3. Tr230 dyno numbers 98 heads=bad numbers?
    By phoenix1987 in forum Dyno Information
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 09-11-2007, 09:33 AM
  4. how are these numbers? H/C
    By Dr.Crash in forum Internal Engine
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 07-09-2007, 06:33 AM
  5. lt1 hp numbers
    By Mr. CarelessAndImprudent in forum LT1
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 01-04-2006, 06:11 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •