Thread: Testing waters

T/A=LOTS of Vagina =X

Dark Blue
    98 Trans Am =]

Testing waters

hey guys i got a 98 trans am automatic with 178,xxx miles on it. oil changed stricctly at 3,000 brand new transmission rebuilt probably 20,000 miles ago. spendt 2500 on rebuild. put a full exhaust system lt pacesetters adn true duals spent 1000 on that. and also just put in new flip out tv screen and new mids and highs. well im ready for a new ws6 but i just wanted to see what u guys would think id get for my car if i was to sell it cuz that time is coming. NBM verrrry nice paint and leather is still in excellent condition.

2011 Prius

What kinda of Trans Mission? Could buy a hell of a transmission for that money. Around here, $4,500-5,500. Also good luck finding a new WS6, lol.

RED
    2002 FORMULA

With all the money you have put in it I would keep it as a daily driver. The car has 179000 miles and will be hard to sell. 4500 - 5500 I think is optimistic.

Flame Red / Orange Custom
    1998 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by wanna_lS1 View Post
    hey guys i got a 98 trans am automatic with 178,xxx miles on it. oil changed stricctly at 3,000 brand new transmission rebuilt probably 20,000 miles ago. spendt 2500 on rebuild. put a full exhaust system lt pacesetters adn true duals spent 1000 on that. and also just put in new flip out tv screen and new mids and highs. well im ready for a new ws6 but i just wanted to see what u guys would think id get for my car if i was to sell it cuz that time is coming. NBM verrrry nice paint and leather is still in excellent condition.
    Click for full size
    Just pull the motor and make it faster by rebiulding it and add a cam then buy a WS6 hood and call it good, but if you are looking at a price well Kelly Blue Book.com (KBB.com) was set at $5,620 for a excelent condition Trans Am.
    98 Trans Am Custom Paint, Ghost Skuls On Racing Stripe + Custom Front Lip, :MODs Tubular K-member, Tubular Upper and lower A-arms, Tubular Control Arms, 4:10's, Cam L-.567/.575 D@.05-.212/.218,1.85 Roller Rockers, P&P Heads, ARH Headers & HF Cats & Y-Pipe, SLP loudmouth catback, +'s

2002 CETA m6

plz do not sell your t/a just to get a ws6, completely pointless.

stall that auto and you'll have a new profound love for your car.

T/A=LOTS of Vagina =X

Dark Blue
    98 Trans Am =]

i really really want a m6 tho!!! im soooo bored of automatic and plus my car has a whole hell of a lot of miles and here in CA its impossible to pass smog so i might as well forget about internal engine mods =( cuz i put my lt headers and true duals on and i cant even pass smog like that..and those are simple bolt ons...

Do an m6 t-56 swap out! That will solve that problem! There has to be a shop that will inspect your car down there and pass you no problem! How else does eveyone in CA get their cars on the road. I was stationed in San Diego. Aren't your inspections like once every 2 years or something? Ask around and I will too to find a shop. Tear that engine down and rebuild or replace the original for a ls2 or bigger. There is no value in your car so you might as well put some money into the parts that you can tear out and resell if there are problems! New ram air hood and lid too!
    Last edited by httrdd; 08-08-2009 at 01:40 AM.

maple red
    2000 trans am

The miles it has mean alot. Id say about 3000 witch is not justice for a awsome car like that. It looks like a really well kept car...then again everything down here in south texas is cheap

Navy Blue Metallic
    '00 Formy A4

I wouldn't buy that car. It LOOKS nice, but I stay away from cars with that type of mileage. That's just me though, but in reality you aren't going to get much more than 3-4k for it.

Great color though, and it looks real clean for the mileage. Maybe you can luck out and find someone looking for a good base for a drag car, and doesn't care about the motor or mileage.

Also, if I were you I'd put it back to stock as best I could, and save all the mods for the new car. None of those mods are really going to help you get any more for the car, they're better off transfered to the new car.

And I hear you aobut wanting a M6, sometimes I get bored with my A4 and would love to have one too.

Thread Information