Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TCS

Black
    2000 WS6 Trans AM

Lightbulb TCS

Is it possible to add TCS to a non TCS car?? got to thinkin after i posted on BIG GUNS' thread.

Red
    2001 Trans Am

good question

Black
    00 Trans Am/Auto

LOL. I was thinking about removing mine until today........EEEK!!!

Desert Boat Guy SouthernBornThriller's Avatar

Black 2002 T/A M6
    Green 1997 Ram 4x4

Anything's possible. It was a factory option so it can be done.

Now, how much time, effort, and money it may end up costing is anybody's guess. But I bet after you run the numbers you'll decide it isn't worth it.

Awaiting Activation

Pewter Metallic
    2002 Trans Am WS6 M6 D1SC

Anythings possible, but it would definitely not be worth it IMO.

Black
    1999 Trans-Am

when i was looking for my bird i wanted to TC option so i could launch hard with out spinning, lol boy was i wrong after reading about it doesnt help you lauching hard but its more like handleing...lol keep it, I think i even didnt consider a few of the first birds i found bc id didnt have tc...

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

the TCS on our cars completely sucks fat ass holes... most biggest piece of junk system ever...

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

Quote Originally Posted by NorthwoodDavid View Post
    when i was looking for my bird i wanted to TC option so i could launch hard with out spinning, lol boy was i wrong after reading about it doesnt help you lauching hard but its more like handleing...lol keep it, I think i even didnt consider a few of the first birds i found bc id didnt have tc...
    it interferes with handling as well...

Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

interesting takes on the subject. This is the first car I've owned that had TCS. I'm more of a classic car kind of girl. I'm still playing with it. So, I have no real opinon yet.

Black
    1999 Trans-Am

Quote Originally Posted by Spaz View Post
    it interferes with handling as well...
    ...was that a question directed towards me?...or are you telling me that it interferes with handling too?

I case you asking me lol, i have no idea i never even driven in a car with it lol.
    if i made it seem like it interferes with handling, sorry, i meant...uh...um...that its not for racing or whatever its for like driving in the rain...idk what do you mean man?lol

Black
    2001 T/A M6

TCS does not affect handling, it affects the traction your rear tires get to the ground, just like it says. If you have TCS on and try dumping the clutch its going to feel like your entire rear end is about to fall out from under the car. Turn it off and dump the clutch and it just spins like a normal burnout. TCS simply kicks the rpms going to the rear tires to prevent it from spinning in bad weather conditions such as hydroplaning or snow. Try doing a burnout 1 time and 1 time only with TCS on and you will feel exactly what I'm talking about, it just bounces all over the road, feels terrible and is bad for the rear end.

Black
    1999 Trans-Am

...oooooh, so does it use the back brakes to stop the spinning or cut off the fuel....

black
    2002 WS6

My under standing of the system is that it uses the cruise control and rear brakes to limit wheel spin. I don't have it on my car so I wouldn't know fully.

How ever to add it to a car you would need to rebuild the rear brake system to a four channel system from a three, change the axels to ones with a wheel speed reluctor ring, change the ABS module over to a four channel system and reconfigure the computer as well.

Sidewayz Hat Police LS1TransHed's Avatar

Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 Trans Am

When I had my wire mod done, forgot to put the ground for the TCS back on... so now its off permanently... absolutely no complaints here lol.

Black
    00 Trans Am/Auto

I'm sure it would have prevented my little mishap had I left it engaged. I will leave it the hell alone if the road surface is questionable from now on.

Navy Blue Metallic
    1999 Trans Am

i don't really see what the negative can be about having it. i mean you can turn it off right so why noe have it. My first one didn't and my new one does and actually i prefer it because you know how easy it is to break the wheels loose when you don't want to, and it is just like a little reminder that you're loosing it when the pedal puches back at you. Just my opinion after driving both and i think it nice when you spin to much going into second or when the weather is bad.

Black
    00 Trans Am/Auto

I think the biggest reason why some people want to/do remove it is due to the unsightly appearance under the hood. The box with all connecting cabling presents an undesirable appearance along with a few other things under the hood.

I don't mind it, I just dress it up with some colored loom and I painted the cap red to match my accents.

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

Quote Originally Posted by Blackout01 View Post
    TCS does not affect handling, it affects the traction your rear tires get to the ground, just like it says. If you have TCS on and try dumping the clutch its going to feel like your entire rear end is about to fall out from under the car. Turn it off and dump the clutch and it just spins like a normal burnout. TCS simply kicks the rpms going to the rear tires to prevent it from spinning in bad weather conditions such as hydroplaning or snow. Try doing a burnout 1 time and 1 time only with TCS on and you will feel exactly what I'm talking about, it just bounces all over the road, feels terrible and is bad for the rear end.
    i've never had that happen... when the TCS is on and you try to do a burn out you bog and teh gas peddle seems to push back against your foot... it doesn't do crap to the RPMS it uses your rear brakes to slow you down/stop wheel spin...

Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by Spaz View Post
    i've never had that happen... when the TCS is on and you try to do a burn out you bog and teh gas peddle seems to push back against your foot... it doesn't do crap to the RPMS it uses your rear brakes to slow you down/stop wheel spin...
    From what I understand... that is the whole point no? But, there is that little on and off button

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

Quote Originally Posted by KahanaReef View Post
    From what I understand... that is the whole point no? But, there is that little on and off button
    correct... but the other guy saying he would get something along the lines of wheel hop... i was explaining what really happens...

Thread Information