Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 99

TA vs. 350z???

This is a discussion on TA vs. 350z??? within the Firebird / WS6 forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Originally Posted by adam0321 super charger i assume Yes, it is....

  1. #61
    M6 King Hot Black Trans-Am's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    WI
    Posts
    5,085
    Blog Entries
    1

    09 EclipseGT 75 Chevy 4x4
    2001 Trans-Am 13 F-XT

    Quote Originally Posted by adam0321 View Post
    super charger i assume

    Yes, it is.

  2. #62
    Impounded
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Milwaukee
    Age
    30
    Posts
    2,159

    Red
    2000 Trans Am

    I think some inports can be cool if they are not riced out my friend has a 1987 supra mkIII 3.0 with a single turbo he rebuilt the motor replaced the supension the tranny he rebuilt and he got a bigger turbo and rebuilt that aswell he dynoed in at 340rwhp and 330rwtrq and all together he spent 5200 bucks 2400 on the car and the rest on parts. I think his car is fun as hell when we race we are really close i have won and so has he. Plus his targa top is badass.

  3. #63
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    93

    Black
    1999 Mustang GT

    Quote Originally Posted by Hot Black Trans-Am View Post
    You'd make him wonder why he spent so much money.
    X2, Since your an Auto theres no way you can lose. Go kill him!

  4. #64
    car enthusiast djvaly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Philly area
    Posts
    9,863

    Thumbs up

    Quote Originally Posted by Wesman View Post
    Did you just say its a drivers race stock 350Z vs. stock LS1??



    Its not even close. The LS1 is 100 times the motor the shitty Nissan "VQ" could ever be. There's about a full second difference between an M6 LS1 and an M6 350Z, stock for stock. A full bolt on LS1 vs. a full bolt on 350Z isn't even worth watching. Huge difference there buddy.
    stock vs stock 350Z '06 (300hp) and TA (345hp)... is a close race. of course TA wins not by much. not talking mods or anything else there bud

  5. #65
    The Bandit Wesman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    4,033

    SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

    Quote Originally Posted by djvaly View Post
    stock vs stock 350Z '06 (300hp) and TA (345hp)... is a close race. of course TA wins not by much. not talking mods or anything else there bud
    No, it really isn't there buddy.

    See, to start off with, both cars weigh about the same, F-body is slightly more give or take.

    The new 350Z (300HP) puts down about 250HP at the wheels. A stock M6 LS1 puts down about 290WHP. Not only that, but the LS1 also has the much more flexible and better overall powerband. Its a V8, the Nissan is a V6. Not to mention the F-Body has a solid rear axle and is already set up for straight line racing, so both drivers being equal the F-Body will get the launch.

    I've never had a 350Z run anywhere close to me. On the highway we're talking multiple carlenghts.

  6. #66
    ArtistFormerlyKnownAsMac Silver Streak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    4,845

    All Black
    83, 87, 02 All WS6 T/As

    Yep.. same here... I think I talked about him earlier.. but douchebag in town with all kinda of stickers on his black one was being an ass.. revving.. and speeding up and slowing ddown next to me... till I finally said fuck it.. and waited till he hit it and so did I... and it was a no-contest match... several car lengths before I baked offf and braked.. then he did the ricer flyby with no look... and that was when I was stock.... wonder what I would do to him now..
    -Geno
    1983 Black WS6 "WindCharger"
    1987 Black WS6 "WS87"
    2002 Black WS6 "Silver Streak"
    Sold the other four f-bodies

  7. #67
    car enthusiast djvaly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Philly area
    Posts
    9,863
    Quote Originally Posted by Wesman View Post
    No, it really isn't there buddy.

    See, to start off with, both cars weigh about the same, F-body is slightly more give or take.

    The new 350Z (300HP) puts down about 250HP at the wheels. A stock M6 LS1 puts down about 290WHP. Not only that, but the LS1 also has the much more flexible and better overall powerband. Its a V8, the Nissan is a V6. Not to mention the F-Body has a solid rear axle and is already set up for straight line racing, so both drivers being equal the F-Body will get the launch.

    I've never had a 350Z run anywhere close to me. On the highway we're talking multiple carlenghts.
    they're not as slow as you think. but 2-3 few car length 0-100mi/hr I'm thinking, they are M6 and an A4 stock TA would pull on them by a few cars only.

  8. #68
    The Bandit Wesman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    4,033

    SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

    Quote Originally Posted by djvaly View Post
    they're not as slow as you think. but 2-3 few car length 0-100mi/hr I'm thinking, they are M6 and an A4 stock TA would pull on them by a few cars only.
    Umm...I beg to differ.

    I've raced plenty of them, and I've seen other cars race them as well. Its a low 14 second car, high 13's if you're lucky. On the highway, and LS1 will rape a 350Z. I've seen Cobalt SS S/C's with an intake hang with 350Z's from a roll, they aren't that fast at all.

  9. #69
    Impounded
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Milwaukee
    Age
    30
    Posts
    2,159

    Red
    2000 Trans Am

    Ok guys i just settled it on my lunch break i raced a 2006 350z m6 on my lunch break which was about 2:00pm-3:00pm central time today so about 2and a half hours ago it was pulling off a nissan lot. I work on a large 3 lane street we both came up to the lights and it was a n employee driving he reved so did i, we looked at eachother the light turn green we both hit it. through first gear i got my rear bumper past his front, through second maybe a car through third almost 3 i would say, i stopped at the top of 4th. Right before i let off i looked back and he was about 5 or 6 behind me then he flew by me at 110+ as i was slowing down.

  10. #70
    car enthusiast djvaly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Philly area
    Posts
    9,863

    Thumbs up

    Quote Originally Posted by 2000T/A Guru View Post
    Ok guys i just settled it on my lunch break i raced a 2006 350z m6 on my lunch break which was about 2:00pm-3:00pm central time today so about 2and a half hours ago it was pulling off a nissan lot. I work on a large 3 lane street we both came up to the lights and it was a n employee driving he reved so did i, we looked at eachother the light turn green we both hit it. through first gear i got my rear bumper past his front, through second maybe a car through third almost 3 i would say, i stopped at the top of 4th. Right before i let off i looked back and he was about 5 or 6 behind me then he flew by me at 110+ as i was slowing down.
    5 cars is like .3sec 1/4mi wise... not too bad.

  11. #71
    Impounded
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Milwaukee
    Age
    30
    Posts
    2,159

    Red
    2000 Trans Am

    It says the 06 runs a 13.8 in the quarter.

  12. #72
    car enthusiast djvaly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Philly area
    Posts
    9,863
    '06 they run 13.6 in quarter mate. the '04-'05 run 13.8-13.9
    http://www.dragtimes.com/Nissan-350Z-Timeslip-8268.html

  13. #73
    Impounded
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Milwaukee
    Age
    30
    Posts
    2,159

    Red
    2000 Trans Am

    When it comes down to that its about the driver .2 or .3 faster, i ran a 13.2 in the quarter mile in my car.
    Last edited by 2000T/A Guru; 04-10-2007 at 10:23 AM.

  14. #74
    The Bandit Wesman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    4,033

    SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

    Quote Originally Posted by djvaly View Post
    '06 they run 13.6 in quarter mate. the '04-'05 run 13.8-13.9
    http://www.dragtimes.com/Nissan-350Z-Timeslip-8268.html
    Thats one person's numbers, not the end to end all.

    I've never seen a 350Z run better than 13.8 at the track. And that was with a bunch of mods. They are not fast cars.

  15. #75
    Member Mike's TA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Age
    35
    Posts
    880

    Black
    99 Trans Am(sold)

    Quote Originally Posted by sfletch2000 View Post
    Have the ricer cars really died down in the last few years in your areas too or is it just out here. Back in 2000 after fast and the furious came out when i used to drive my GN there was at least one at every stop light with their annoying coffee can exhaust tips. Now it seems like there's maybe a fifth or less driving around town. I see some WRX's and some turbo charged eclipse's around but not a honda accord or civic "tricked" out at every light.

    That's probably because they all blew their engines trying to keep up with the LS1's.

  16. #76
    Impounded
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Milwaukee
    Age
    30
    Posts
    2,159

    Red
    2000 Trans Am

    I think its cause they realized that there moms lexus and BMWs were faster than there cars, and if your moms taurus wagon is faster than yours, your not all that much of a street racer.

  17. #77
    Member gd1996's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Latrobe, PA
    Posts
    864
    I wouldnt even waste my gas!

  18. #78
    car enthusiast djvaly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Philly area
    Posts
    9,863

    Thumbs up

    Quote Originally Posted by Wesman View Post
    Thats one person's numbers, not the end to end all.

    I've never seen a 350Z run better than 13.8 at the track. And that was with a bunch of mods. They are not fast cars.
    you're still talking about the 04-05 350Z, my coworkers '04 350Z did 13.8x at the track last summer. read up on it bud... the new ones are a bit faster they can pull 13.6 stock really unless a shitty driver which it don't matter what car they drive they're still shitty drivers

  19. #79
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    rochester,ny
    Age
    39
    Posts
    2,667

    pewter
    2001 z28 lingenfelter 383

    both cars are nearly the same exact weight only his has 287 horse and yours is closer to 350....race him from a highway roll if u really wanna embarass him

  20. #80
    car enthusiast djvaly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Philly area
    Posts
    9,863
    oh I did already, raced him Nov '05 when I was stock, and he bought his a year before. had 4-5 cars on him by 110mi/hr, again he's M6 I am A4. a guy LS1 M6 that knows how to shift while racing would eat him by another 1-2 cars on top.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. 350Z vs WS6
    By 02ceta in forum Kill Stories
    Replies: 47
    Last Post: 12-25-2008, 05:46 AM
  2. wtf a 350z
    By Ieatstangs in forum Kill Stories
    Replies: 37
    Last Post: 07-29-2008, 11:33 AM
  3. 350z Lol
    By 98T/Aformula in forum Kill Stories
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 07-09-2007, 10:00 AM
  4. 93 z28 vs 06 350z
    By jAgZ28 in forum Kill Stories
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-15-2007, 04:48 PM
  5. My WS-6 vs 350Z
    By 2001hawk in forum Kill Stories
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 05-11-2007, 07:32 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •