Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

TA With HIDS

This is a discussion on TA With HIDS within the Firebird / WS6 forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Originally Posted by WS-6 You need to buy the sealed beam conversion first from eurolights.com witch run aroun 88 dollars ...

red
    1998 trans am

Quote Originally Posted by WS-6 View Post
    You need to buy the sealed beam conversion first from eurolights.com witch run aroun 88 dollars and they come with what they call a xzenon charged bulb. The lights look good on the pictures but it is missleading. You will have to change the plug on your car but it is easy. I think the bulb is an h3 and I think you can get the new plugs at autozone.The ebay members name is hid king, I just did a search under parts and accesories on ebay motors for h3 hid kit and look for the kit that run 105 with free shipping. I dont think you need the high beams too but if you want them you can get them for the same price as the low beams.Feel free to contact me if you have any more questions.
    can you give me the guys info???

Pewter
    2000 T/A WS-6

Actually the lower the color temp. <ex.8000k> the brighter the light is, also the 8000k has a deeper blue tint to it rather than the 4300k witch is more of a bright white.

red
    1998 trans am

ooooo ic,, do you no where i could get 8000k besides ledgauges.COM cause its 300$ AND MY FRIEND GOT THE SAME THING ON HIS MAXIMA FOR 80$

Pewter
    2000 T/A WS-6

The reason it is more for our cars is because you need to buy a conversion kit as well as the hid kit.I f you read the rest of theese post you can get all the info you need.

red
    1998 trans am

You need to buy the sealed beam conversion first from eurolights.com witch run aroun 88 dollars and they come with what they call a xzenon charged bulb. The lights look good on the pictures but it is missleading. You will have to change the plug on your car but it is easy. I think the bulb is an h3 and I think you can get the new plugs at autozone.The ebay members name is hid king, I just did a search under parts and accesories on ebay motors for h3 hid kit and look for the kit that run 105 with free shipping. I dont think you need the high beams too but if you want them you can get them for the same price as the low beams.Feel free to contact me if you have any more questions.

When you said you have to change the plug, what do you mean by that? And how do you go about doing it?

red
    1998 trans am

can you elaborate on changing the plug, you mention it is easy. how is it easy and how do you go about changing it..also how much does it cost?

Black
    2001 Trans AM WS6 M6

meh... $300 for HID's is cheap, I paid a lot more back in the day for another car of mine. You get what you pay for these days, has never been truer.

Pewter
    2000 T/A WS-6

I couldent agree more, I have been around the block with hids before and I have a seller who sells high quality hid kits for 105 shipped. Some kit do things like flicker on and off, not turn on sometimes, cause the radio to be extremely staticky,etc.The seller I buy from gives a one year warranty with all of his kit I have installed his kits in 9 cars two of them are my own.I would not reccomed him if he sold junk.

As far as changeing the plug goes all I had to do is cut the factory plug off witch is only two wires.I then stripped the wires about 1/2 inch and crimped on two flat female wire connectors on the car and then pluged in the hid ballast. That is all there is to it. The rest is all plug and play.

red
    1998 trans am

i get it soo the plug your talkin bout is goin to plug right in to the ballist.,.,., so from the ballst it goes to the bulb.,.,,.,. oyea am i going to use the plastic peice that comes with the xenon bulb or do i toss that.,., because i noticed the HId bulbs got wires cummin out the back and i cant see pluging the bulb into anything... will the bulb have its own plastic holder to twist right into the seald bbeam??

Pewter
    2000 T/A WS-6

The best way to describe it is the hid bulb plugs into the ballast (direct plug in no mods. needed) the kit also comes with an extention wire that plugs into the ballast (also no mods needed) and the other end of the extention plugs into the cars headlight wires,( that you modify as I described earlier) . The bulb sits in the new glass lens and a metal clip holds it in the houseing.The bulb will only go in one way it is that simple.The kit comes with brackets for the ballasts, I used two sided tape. If you have any more questions feel free to ask I will do my best to answer.

Pewter
    2000 T/A WS-6

The ebay member is hid king.

Red
    98 T/A M6 w/lid and LM1

Actually the lower the color temp. <ex.8000k> the brighter the light is, also the 8000k has a deeper blue tint to it rather than the 4300k witch is more of a bright white.
    That's partly true. Its best around the middle, 4000k-5000k. Although there aren't many under that. I did see one that was under 4 once on ebay.

Also, I thought 5000 was whiter than 4300, which is slightly more yellow. Could be wrong.

red
    1998 trans am

thx alot ws6 ,.,., once i get it all in my hands ill prob figure it out .,.,, one last thing.,, the hid bulb i want to order is the H3 .,., and it will clip right in my seald beam thing

Pewter
    2000 T/A WS-6

I apologize, I just checked my email account and they use the H7 bulb not h3 order h7 hid kit

red
    1998 trans am

lol that could have been bad..,., haha thx for all the help ill tell u how it works

Pewter
    2000 T/A WS-6

No problem like I said any question just ask? I have a question for you do you know how I can add a pic to a post about stero systems.

red
    1998 trans am

and when i get the H7 hid kit the bulb will fit right in the sealed beam thing that i order from the other place u told me bout

Pewter
    2000 T/A WS-6

Yes, fits just right.

red
    1998 trans am

i wish i could help you cause u helpd me but im prob the last person u wana ask .,., lol i was guna ask you how to put a pic today..,., haha its my first day with this

red
    1998 trans am

and will autozone probly have the plugin u were talkin bout .,.,, will i ask them for an hid thing or will it be somehting that other cars have but transams just dont

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information