Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 69

TA is destroyed.

This is a discussion on TA is destroyed. within the Firebird / WS6 forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Did you make a police report? The other vehicle's color can be deduced from the damage, and I think the ...

  1. #41
    Did you make a police report? The other vehicle's color can be deduced from the damage, and I think the police have ways of telling what kind of vehicle caused the damage. In an investigation, repair places might be contacted to see if the vehicle was there, though I don't know if any such steps would be taken when it's probably only damage to vehicles. Your insurance company has investigators, but I don't know if they are willing to do that stuff. Anyway, if the idiot is found, it's possible he does not have insurance.
    Last edited by clovenhooves; 09-30-2009 at 12:50 PM.

  2. #42
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Russellville, MO
    Posts
    126
    Is the fule pump coming on? It probably tripped the inertia switch.

  3. #43
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    St. Louis Metro
    Posts
    35

    White
    02 T/A WS6

    Quote Originally Posted by clovenhooves View Post
    Did you make a police report? The other vehicle's color can be deduced from the damage, and I think the police have ways of telling what kind of vehicle caused the damage. In an investigation, repair places might be contacted to see if the vehicle was there, though I don't know if any such steps would be taken when it's probably only damage to vehicles. Your insurance company has investigators, but I don't know if they are willing to do that stuff. Anyway, if the idiot is found, it's possible he does not have insurance.
    A police report was filed yes. A couple people saw the car, they said it was a maroon 90 something buick but they didn't get a plate number. The paint was definately maroon color on my bumper. It hit below the hood which tells me they probably hit the brakes at the last second and the front end of the car dipped down. What you say is true, they probably aren't insured. I intend to look again though in nearby neighborhoods for this car. The damage is probably pretty significant.

  4. #44
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    St. Louis Metro
    Posts
    35

    White
    02 T/A WS6

    Quote Originally Posted by 97bluebird View Post
    Is the fule pump coming on? It probably tripped the inertia switch.
    Don't know, didn't really spend alot of time trying to figure it out. The car started that night but the next day it didn't. I will have it looked at, good thing I have a warranty on it.

  5. #45
    Cool. That's my kind of thinking. I tracked down the person who probably damaged my car (since damaged worse and sold), but he left a big clue and turned out to live on that street. My experience was that the insurance company didn't care. The cops might care and DMV (which is supposed to inform the owner's insurance company) might care, if you find his or her information (plate, VIN, etc.) and include it on an accident report. It's good that you have witnesses. If you find the person but nobody wants to do anything, report back, and we can discuss tricks to use. My guess is that if the person is a local but not in the neighborhood, he or she will avoid the street for a while and then return. As you've probably thought of already, ask your neighbors to look out for that Buick. Since I don't expect anything to happen soon, if the premium is still a problem, resort to a payday loan place if that's what it takes. Good luck.

  6. #46
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    St. Louis Metro
    Posts
    35

    White
    02 T/A WS6

    Forgot to post the news, sorry

    Everything is all good now, I don't have new pics or anything but you wouldn't be able to tell at a quick glance or in pictures that it was wrecked anyway. I can tell just cuz there's a couple gaps off a hair but the body shop did a great job. The paint quality is good, no dust, nice finish. All new lights, except the right running light which I'll replace later.

    Got down to the track today and pulled 13.8@102mph and average of 2.0-2.2 60' very consistently. I know these cars do better than that stock but maybe my tires suck. I have an A4 and was launching at like 1500rpms. Anything higher than that and my tires are breaking loose and spinning first. No stall yet...
    Last edited by the.palmetto; 10-21-2009 at 11:20 AM.

  7. #47
    Yeah baby! Yeah! silverWS6's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    okc
    Posts
    2,571

    Silver 2002 WS.6
    Red 1989 Formula

    Quote Originally Posted by the.palmetto View Post
    Forgot to post the news, sorry

    Everything is all good now, I don't have new pics or anything but you wouldn't be able to tell at a quick glance or in pictures that it was wrecked anyway. I can tell just cuz there's a couple gaps off a hair but the body shop did a great job. The paint quality is good, no dust, nice finish. All new lights, except the right running light which I'll replace later.

    Got down to the track today and pulled 13.8@102mph and average of 2.0-2.2 60' very consistently. I know these cars do better than that stock but maybe my tires suck. I have an A4 and was launching at like 1500rpms. Anything higher than that and my tires are breaking loose and spinning first. No stall yet...
    Congrats! Great news

  8. #48
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    St. Louis Metro
    Posts
    35

    White
    02 T/A WS6

    How to delete a post?
    13.81@102.2mph 2.0 60'
    Bone Stock, Street Tires

  9. #49
    LSwut tep98ws6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Saint Louis, MO
    Posts
    1,705

    Arctic White & Black
    '98 WS6 M6 - SWAPTIME!

    Quote Originally Posted by the.palmetto View Post
    Forgot to post the news, sorry

    Everything is all good now, I don't have new pics or anything but you wouldn't be able to tell at a quick glance or in pictures that it was wrecked anyway. I can tell just cuz there's a couple gaps off a hair but the body shop did a great job. The paint quality is good, no dust, nice finish. All new lights, except the right running light which I'll replace later.

    Got down to the track today and pulled 13.8@102mph and average of 2.0-2.2 60' very consistently. I know these cars do better than that stock but maybe my tires suck. I have an A4 and was launching at like 1500rpms. Anything higher than that and my tires are breaking loose and spinning first. No stall yet...
    congrats! where'd you take it to?

  10. #50
    its short but its skinny. jiveass's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    The Woodlands/spring/houston
    Posts
    2,142

    pewter
    99 trans am

    Last edited by jiveass; 10-21-2009 at 02:04 PM.

  11. #51
    its short but its skinny. jiveass's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    The Woodlands/spring/houston
    Posts
    2,142

    pewter
    99 trans am

    i ran a 13.8 my first run in my formula....tranny mount went bad so i changed it to a polyurethane mount and ran 13.7...

  12. #52
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    St. Louis Metro
    Posts
    35

    White
    02 T/A WS6

    Quote Originally Posted by tep98ws6 View Post
    congrats! where'd you take it to?
    I hit up Gateway for their last test and tune of the year. It was actually my first time at a track and did very well. I normally just stick to running the streets. You don't do much street racing do you Tep?

  13. #53
    LSwut tep98ws6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Saint Louis, MO
    Posts
    1,705

    Arctic White & Black
    '98 WS6 M6 - SWAPTIME!

    Quote Originally Posted by the.palmetto View Post
    I hit up Gateway for their last test and tune of the year. It was actually my first time at a track and did very well. I normally just stick to running the streets. You don't do much street racing do you Tep?
    haha I was talking about the body shop you took it to.
    I don't street race cuz I don't want to pay tickets. Where I live, cops swarm so it's not worth it. I'd normally go to Gateway but with my schedule this year w/ class, I've had no time to go to Test & Tune ... last one I went to was June of last summer.

  14. #54
    Consumer of kraut SiggyZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Tulsa
    Posts
    4,773

    Light Pewter Metallic
    y2k 8-cylinder catfish

    Wow, that's terrible! I'm sorry that happened.

  15. #55
    Senior Member Z28boy2000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Rochester, NY Rochesterracing.com
    Posts
    1,276
    2000 Camaro B4C

    words couldnt describe the anger i would have if this happened to me

    so sorry man

  16. #56
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    St. Louis Metro
    Posts
    35

    White
    02 T/A WS6

    Quote Originally Posted by tep98ws6 View Post
    haha I was talking about the body shop you took it to.
    I don't street race cuz I don't want to pay tickets. Where I live, cops swarm so it's not worth it. I'd normally go to Gateway but with my schedule this year w/ class, I've had no time to go to Test & Tune ... last one I went to was June of last summer.
    My bad lol. I went to a huge Don Brown GM dealership. They had a blue ZR1 in the parking lot, I immediately creamed my pants after seeing it haha.

    You're a better person than me for being able to hold back. So, ? time, if you don't street race, and you're rarely at the track... how do you get your thrills in tha TA?

  17. #57
    LSwut tep98ws6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Saint Louis, MO
    Posts
    1,705

    Arctic White & Black
    '98 WS6 M6 - SWAPTIME!

    Quote Originally Posted by the.palmetto View Post
    My bad lol. I went to a huge Don Brown GM dealership. They had a blue ZR1 in the parking lot, I immediately creamed my pants after seeing it haha.

    You're a better person than me for being able to hold back. So, ? time, if you don't street race, and you're rarely at the track... how do you get your thrills in tha TA?
    by being the smarter person. sure i'll go fast on the highway and stuff but i don't have anything to prove to anyone with my car plus, it's not built up yet. it'll be done by february though.

  18. #58
    Moderator 35th-ANV-SS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Wherever life takes me
    Posts
    12,465

    Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

    Glad to see you have it back together and on the road again.

  19. #59
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    St. Louis Metro
    Posts
    35

    White
    02 T/A WS6

    Quote Originally Posted by tep98ws6 View Post
    by being the smarter person. sure i'll go fast on the highway and stuff but i don't have anything to prove to anyone with my car plus, it's not built up yet. it'll be done by february though.
    i don't have anything to prove either, otherwise i would be throwing a 150 shot on it and foregoing meals and credit card payments to mod my car just to murder people on the streets. i like my car stock, just the way it is. i just like meeting up with other enthusiasts, maybe racing a little, talking, joking around, nothing uber serious. i'm not sure where you get smarter from. breaking the law is breaking the law. it just so happens the risks i take involve fast speeds next to other cars. if that makes me dumb, i don't care cuz i love it!

  20. #60
    LSwut tep98ws6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Saint Louis, MO
    Posts
    1,705

    Arctic White & Black
    '98 WS6 M6 - SWAPTIME!

    ... i'm really unsure as to why you took it personal? you asked a question (more than once, since you e-mailed me about it when you first joined ls1) and i answered. i just don't street race. personal preference. no need to be a dick.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. A Hellcat destroyed
    By SMWS6TA in forum Almost Anything Goes
    Replies: 49
    Last Post: 12-31-2014, 07:54 AM
  2. Destroyed an 02 Mustang GT
    By SajoR in forum Kill Stories
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 06-26-2011, 03:38 PM
  3. Got destroyed by a WS6 vert.
    By JHayesLS1 in forum Kill Stories
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 01-09-2010, 10:20 PM
  4. I destroyed my car this weekend!
    By FantaZGuy28 in forum GTO
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 12-30-2007, 07:16 AM
  5. OMG - car wash destroyed my antenna
    By Eagle in forum Stereo and Electronics
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 06-13-2007, 03:40 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •