Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

TA is destroyed.

This is a discussion on TA is destroyed. within the Firebird / WS6 forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; hell that ain't the end of the world. bought my '00 2 yrs ago and i've been discovering little indications ...

Black/Black
    '00 Firebird WS6 T/A

hell that ain't the end of the world. bought my '00 2 yrs ago and i've been discovering little indications of a wreck ever since. You know it's bad when you go to get subframes welded on and they have to modify them to fit right :rofl:

even if the frame is slightly twisted it takes a big change to affect drivability. get 'er fixed and keep enjoying her man that's a really nice t/a you got there.

Arctic White & Black
    '98 WS6 M6 - SWAPTIME!

do what they're saying. buy it from insurance and then hit up Speedway junk yard on the ILside. they have a lot of TAs & Camaros there right now and you can find tons of parts you need to rebuild it. sorry to hear it buddy

White
    02 T/A WS6

heh, guess it's what I get for living in the metro area where there's no damn driveways. It's going to an auto body shop today so I should find out an estimate of the damage soon. One of the rims got ate up and those get pretty expensive so I'm gonna have them add that to the estimate.

White
    02 T/A WS6

Quote Originally Posted by KMdef9 View Post
    How does it look underneath the hood?
    I'll get back to you on that.

Silver 2002 WS.6
    Red 1989 Formula

Doesn't look too bad man, cheer up! I crashed my 98 similar like that.. I hit a pole (the ones with the huge concrete thing below them) and it was fixable and there is shops out there that help you with the deductible, we found one for the recent hail damage on the Avalanche. It'll all work out

White
    02 T/A WS6

Quote Originally Posted by silverWS.6 View Post
    Doesn't look too bad man, cheer up! I crashed my 98 similar like that.. I hit a pole (the ones with the huge concrete thing below them) and it was fixable and there is shops out there that help you with the deductible, we found one for the recent hail damage on the Avalanche. It'll all work out
    I sure hope they will help with the deductible cuz I don't have it

I checked under the hood and didn't see a whole lot, but for some reason the car would not start. wtf?

Blue
    2001 Formula Firehawk

Quote Originally Posted by the.palmetto View Post
    heh, guess it's what I get for living in the metro area where there's no damn driveways. It's going to an auto body shop today so I should find out an estimate of the damage soon. One of the rims got ate up and those get pretty expensive so I'm gonna have them add that to the estimate.
    Go to a tireshop for the rim repair. I bent a rim and lost both driver side tires in a construction zone. The tire shop had a guy that did rim repairs and I think it cost under $100.00 to fix the bent rim.

Machine Silver
    05 Corvette

Sucks!

Custom Swirly Black
    2001 WS6 M6

I sure hope they will help with the deductible cuz I don't have it

I checked under the hood and didn't see a whole lot, but for some reason the car would not start. wtf?
    Can you get some pics of the engine bay?

Fuse box for eveything is right over there, something could have easily poped or broke, may not be getting power to all the appropriate stuff. is it cranking or not doing anything at all?

I guess it may not matter t you because the shop will tell whats wrong with it in the end. But we all know the forum likes a challenge! I know curiosity gets the best of me.

Pewter
    1999 Trans Am 6spd

damn that sucks man. On another note....you don't pay the deductible out of your pocket man...get an estimate on the cost of repair in writting, an they will cut you a check minus your deductible. example- est. repair cost is $4,000 and your deductible is $500. Bam they cut you a check for $3,500.

Pewter
    2000 Pontiac Trans Am

hes probably got an air pump over there depending on the year.

sucks to hear about your car. i witnessed a hit and run on a old camry the other day. called the cops and followed that worthless son of a bitch till they could get to him. he ended up leaving in cuffs. i was happy.

Custom Swirly Black
    2001 WS6 M6

Quote Originally Posted by allmtrracin View Post
    damn that sucks man. On another note....you don't pay the deductible out of your pocket man...get an estimate on the cost of repair in writting, an they will cut you a check minus your deductible. example- est. repair cost is $4,000 and your deductible is $500. Bam they cut you a check for $3,500.
    Thats depends on the insurance company. AAA isn't like that.

The lean holder can chime in if they want to too.

White
    02 T/A WS6

Quote Originally Posted by V8MUSCLE View Post
    hes probably got an air pump over there depending on the year.

sucks to hear about your car. i witnessed a hit and run on a old camry the other day. called the cops and followed that worthless son of a bitch till they could get to him. he ended up leaving in cuffs. i was happy.
    Cheers to you! Way to go!

White
    02 T/A WS6

Quote Originally Posted by KMdef9 View Post
    Thats depends on the insurance company. AAA isn't like that.

The lean holder can chime in if they want to too.
    In this particular case from what I gathered from the body shop, they give my insurance company the estimate, the insurance company subtracts the deductible from the estimate and pays the body shop, then makes me pay the difference upon picking up the car.

BTW, under the hood looked fine... but the car didn't start..? I should find out the estimate tomorrow, when the car actually gets fixed I'll post the pics up for a nice before/after collage. I know how shady body shops can be so it makes me kind of nervous having my baby in there. Even though it's a really nice big GM facility I'm still wary. If they have all the right tools, parts, knowledge, resources and skills, there is nothing to force the employees to treat it like they would their own car and take care of it with any love. Didn't have a choice tho, this shop was the insurance company's decision.

Was given a Honduh Accord for a rental from insurance
    Last edited by the.palmetto; 09-29-2009 at 12:24 AM.

Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

In this particular case from what I gathered from the body shop, they give my insurance company the estimate, the insurance company subtracts the deductible from the estimate and pays the body shop, then makes me pay the difference upon picking up the car.

BTW, under the hood looked fine... but the car didn't start..? I should find out the estimate tomorrow, when the car actually gets fixed I'll post the pics up for a nice before/after collage. I know how shady body shops can be so it makes me kind of nervous having my baby in there. Even though it's a really nice big GM facility I'm still wary. If they have all the right tools, parts, knowledge, resources and skills, there is nothing to force the employees to treat it like they would their own car and take care of it with any love. Didn't have a choice tho, this shop was the insurance company's decision.

Was given a Honduh Accord for a rental from insurance
    Tell the body guy to quote it $500 over what it would cost.....Bam....no deductible for you.
    ┌∩┐(◕_◕)┌∩┐

Man: The Mods you are fighting,
    they are the biggest Men I have ever seen. I
    wouldn't want to fight them!

Me: That is why no one will remember your name!

White
    02 T/A WS6

Quote Originally Posted by blackSS01 View Post
    Tell the body guy to quote it $500 over what it would cost.....Bam....no deductible for you.
    I talked to the guy about it, just waiting to hear back.

1999 Camaro SS #24
    98 Corvette-99 Camaro SS

Don't let them pick the body shop unless you're comfortable with that shop. They can't make you take it anywhere. So don't let them jerk you around. I had a Camaro get smashed by a hit and run when it was parked in the street and my insurance actually had a clause the waived the deductible since it was a hit and run. Something you might want to check into.

White
    '97 Trans am Firebird

I just bought my TA about 2 weeks ago. A couple hours ago my neighbor knocked on the door and told me my TA was the victim of a hit n run. The evidence points to a drunk driver who blew a stop sign and drifted into the left lane where my car was and plowed right into the left side of the bumper and headlight assembly. The bumper is disintegrated, the headlight is destroyed, the door doesn't open right, the rim on the opposite side got ate up from where the car forced it up over the curb, the fender is bent, the hood is bent out of wack, and I can't drive it because when I turn the wheel to the right the tire pushes against the fender. This is the most bogus thing to ever happen to me. I finally get a really nice muscle car that I love and enjoy and now I am screwed because I don't have the money to pay the deductible and am losing my job soon. Could it get any better?
    So do you want to sell you trans am or know anyone who wants to get rid of a 96-01 thats been wrecked.

White
    02 T/A WS6

Quote Originally Posted by krystansheridan View Post
    So do you want to sell you trans am or know anyone who wants to get rid of a 96-01 thats been wrecked.
    No that's not the route I'm gonna go.

White
    02 T/A WS6

Body shop estimated about 5,000. I tried to talk to someone about the deductible but I don't know what's gonna happen yet. There IS a clause for waiver of collision deductible, but only under the conditions of the opposite of my situation. The driver has to be known with insurance that can cover the damage. In other words, it doesn't apply to a hit and run. This is probably the case because if someone else's insurance company is paying out then it's not going to be a big deal to not require a deductible.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information