Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

White
    02 T/A WS6

TA is destroyed.

I just bought my TA about 2 weeks ago. A couple hours ago my neighbor knocked on the door and told me my TA was the victim of a hit n run. The evidence points to a drunk driver who blew a stop sign and drifted into the left lane where my car was and plowed right into the left side of the bumper and headlight assembly. The bumper is disintegrated, the headlight is destroyed, the door doesn't open right, the rim on the opposite side got ate up from where the car forced it up over the curb, the fender is bent, the hood is bent out of wack, and I can't drive it because when I turn the wheel to the right the tire pushes against the fender. This is the most bogus thing to ever happen to me. I finally get a really nice muscle car that I love and enjoy and now I am screwed because I don't have the money to pay the deductible and am losing my job soon. Could it get any better?

Impulse Blurr
    2004 GTO

My GTO got stolen last thursday but I got it back monday. $2000+ worth of damage $500 deductible and about another $1500 dollars lost due to things stolen out of it and missing 4 days from work. I figured it's not an arm, leg or loved one ect. Just another speed bump on the road to eternal slumber. I was slightly bent for about 36 hours but tried to stay positive. Life's a bitch then you take a dirt nap.
    Life is full of assholes. 2 of them had sex and gave birth to me. You'll live . . .
    Last edited by Goat-E; 09-27-2009 at 02:28 AM.

ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Goat-E View Post
    My GTO got stolen last thursday but I got it back monday. $2000+ worth of damage $500 deductible and about another $1500 dollars lost due to things stolen out of it and missing 4 days from work. I figured it's not an arm, leg or loved one ect. Just another speed bump on the road to eternal slumber. I was slightly bent for about 36 hours but tried to stay positive. Life's a bitch then you take a dirt nap.
    Life is full of assholes. 2 of them had sex and gave birth to me. You'll live . . .
    lol Spoken like a true Pennsylvanian!

Sept with a better tan!lol

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Quote Originally Posted by Smittro View Post
    lol Spoken like a true Pennsylvanian!

Sept with a better tan!lol
    +1

To the OP: Condolences on your loss -- hope everything works out for you somehow. I would call all the area body shops and inquire as to any vehicles coming in with matching damage and your color paint... never know, you could get lucky.

Red
    2001 ws6

Quote Originally Posted by pajeff02 View Post
    +1

To the OP: Condolences on your loss -- hope everything works out for you somehow. I would call all the area body shops and inquire as to any vehicles coming in with matching damage and your color paint... never know, you could get lucky.
    +1 on that he most likely is gonna sober up the next morning an say ohh fuck so definently contact all the shops you can hed much rather pay your deductible than get locked up

Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Goat-E View Post
    ask the repair shop to get your deductable back-i'm sure they can make that happen for you.

Pewter
    2001 formula

got any pics of your t/a before and after

Custom Swirly Black
    2001 WS6 M6

Sucks to hear that. But all in all, it's just a car, like Goat-E said, nothing happened to you or your family.

Is the car totaled? If it is, and you come up w.the money for the deductable, talk to your insurance company and buy another one versus getting that one fixed. With my experience, the car is never the same.

Blue
    2001 Formula Firehawk

That really sucks... Did you file a police report on it? If the cops are anything like here in Loveland it'd be a lost cause, but you can always hope the police are good for something. I'd also talk to all your neighbors around there, maybe someone saw it.

sold: 1999 firebird
    1998 Trans Am

man i feel for you, my beloved camaro and first car was destroyed because of a drunk driver, he almost killed me too. he got out of his smashed neon and asked me for a cigarette, idiot, i wanted to strangle him, then my g/f cheated on me when i was car-less and couldnt see her as often, fml

i hate it for you man, HERES MY ADVICE, IT PAYED OFF FOR ME:
    if the t/a isnt rebuildable,
    -get your settlement check from the insurance company,
    -buy the t/a from them, (should cost about 100-400 bucks not a bad deal for a running t/a)
    -get another t/a and if it has bad parts ie: cracked door panels, whatever you have a parts car, you can also sell the motor/tranny/whole car for well more than you bought it for,
    -hope this helps i bought my camaro for $5,460 had for 6 months until the wreck, bought back wrecked for $225, got a check for $5100, sold it for $1000, made a profit

Custom Swirly Black
    2001 WS6 M6

Quote Originally Posted by justinmc978 View Post
    man i feel for you, my beloved camaro and first car was destroyed because of a drunk driver, he almost killed me too. he got out of his smashed neon and asked me for a cigarette, idiot, i wanted to strangle him, then my g/f cheated on me when i was car-less and couldnt see her as often, fml

-buy the t/a from them, (should cost about 100-400 bucks not a bad deal for a running t/a)
    -get another t/a and if it has bad parts ie: cracked door panels, whatever you have a parts car, you can also sell the motor/tranny/whole car for well more than you bought it for,
    -hope this helps i bought my camaro for $5,460 had for 6 months until the wreck, bought back wrecked for $225, got a check for $5100, sold it for $1000, made a profit
    That's right where I was thinking.

White
    02 T/A WS6

Mine was in pefect condition. It's blue book value was at well over 13,000. I don't think it's going to be totalled but I'll just have to see.

I'll get pics up later.

sold: 1999 firebird
    1998 Trans Am

the thing that makes me assume it will be totaled is that the door wont close right, typically once the bodies of our cars are bent and flexed there is no way to bend them back just right, this is the curse of the unibody.

White
    02 T/A WS6

the thing that makes me assume it will be totaled is that the door wont close right, typically once the bodies of our cars are bent and flexed there is no way to bend them back just right, this is the curse of the unibody.
    Where that panel meets the door did get bent, the gaps are off, and I had trouble opening the door but it seemed to close allright.

Custom Swirly Black
    2001 WS6 M6

Pics?

White
    02 T/A WS6

Soon

White
    02 T/A WS6

http://s728.photobucket.com/albums/w...%20Am%20Wreck/

The website wouldn't allow me to upload attachments so I put them on photobucket. There they are.

your parts guy!!! 1fastcamarosss11's Avatar

trans am 00 ws6
    1998 camaro ss vert

pm me if you want to get rid of it. man that does suck.

Custom Swirly Black
    2001 WS6 M6

Fix

Custom Swirly Black
    2001 WS6 M6

Def. doesn't look totaled. I would make sure the whatever shop you take it to they check out the frame isn't twisted. How does it look underneath the hood?

Speaking of drunk a$$holes, look what this over privelaged d1ck did to her last night. (Sorry about the shitty cell phone pic)

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information