Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Black
    99' Firehawk M6

T/A vs WS6 vs Firehawk

Well, I just joined the site and I'm getting one of these sometime this month and i've saved up a lot of money and I was wondering what I should get. I know that the T/A's, WS6, and firehawk packages are all different, so I was wondering what the main differences are. By the research so far, Im guessing that the Firehawk is the fastest from all of them. I'm most likely going to get a 99' black firehawk with K&N intake, slp exhaut, hurst shifter, bilstein suspension, firehawk mats, stickers, etc. and a couple of other stuff. He also has headers and cam sitting in the garage, in case I buy it. So any advice or opinions would be great appreciated. Thanks!

I can tell you first hand that while Firehawks are very nice they are also very overpriced. I used to work for SLP as a R&D Tech. and I hate to say it but they are nothing special. Take the extra money you'll spend on a Firehawk and put it into a stock WS6...you'll be ahead of the game.

I'd get a Firehawk if I had to chose. Shop long and smart, you'll get a good deal. Firehawks were pricey to by new but they came down in price. I looked at a 2002 when I bought my fully loaded 2002 Z/28. They wanted $34,000, I got my Z for 24 K, figured better to save 10 grand. As for being faster - doubtfull but does handle a little better stock for stock but then again - who is still stock
    04 C5 A4 Torch Red - sold
    2009 CTS4 Ice Black - sold
    2013 1500 Silverado Z71 - sold
    02 Z/28 M6 Onyx Black All Options - Sold

2014 Caddy CTS4 - DD
    2016 Silverado 2500HD
    2020 Caddy XT6
    2020 2SS Vert

member since may 2000 nhraformula's Avatar

black
    2000 nhra edition formula

the firehawk isnt the fastest. get a T/A and mod it.
    a few bolt ons, 379 rwhp
    11.96 @113.25

Quote Originally Posted by nhraformula View Post
    the firehawk isnt the fastest. get a T/A and mod it.
    +1, Sikhawk get TA not even WS6, you'll end up buying a SLP cai for $200 and not pay for the ram air hood and kit on the ws6.. also the exhaust you'll end up replacing headers, y, catback so it doesn't make sence to get ws6 for the little better exhaust flow. then 01-02 ws6 have ls6 inake manifold, that's ok but if u wanna do head/cam and more serious mods later on you'll be better off geting a ta non ws6... and mod that with the Fast LSx instake which will flow much better with the heads and supercharger later on...
    just geting a non ws6 ta would save 3-4k versus getting a ws6. my 2 cents.
    we can also get into the why cai is better than "ram air" so read this thread...

http://www.ls1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=35363&page=3
    Last edited by djvaly; 12-18-2006 at 05:14 PM.

Black
    1999 Pontiac Trans Am WS6

It all depends on what you want from the car. The normal TA is the best platform to start a build up from, the Firehawk(IMO) is on the other end of the scale, youd probably want to keep it as a Garage Queen/Show car. If not, your spending $ on something that your gonna mod anyways. Anything the Firehawk has, you can add to a regular TA. I chose the WS6, kept it Stock and prefer the Hood/options to even a firehawk....but I would love to have one....one day

Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

yep, i'll say the same as the rest:

if you just want a show-stopper, get the firehawk, keep it stock for ever and watch it increase in value over time. If you want a street beast, start with a regular trans am and mod the hell out of it.

Black
    99' Firehawk M6

Thanks for the advice everyone, my bro gave me a really good deal for the hawk so I bought it. It drives great and is very fast. I'm not gonna put many more mods into it, prolly just put in the headers and cam and thats it. I would prolly go more, but my dad says its already fast enough for a 16 year old . I'm just going to go head and put some chrome for the front bird, the hood vents, side vents, and thats about it. Maybe ill put some pics up later, only one in avatar so far.

shoot, ur 16? damn, boy be careful out there... ahh man, u are way too young for that much power... take it easy eh?

Black
    99' Firehawk M6

Yeah, but I drive pretty good . My dad has been letting me drive in his lap since I was very young, and by the time I was 13, I knew how to drive better than most of my bro's friends, who were all older. I even knew how to drive a manual back then, and more and more practice led my dad to let me buy this car from my bro. This hawk is a M6 too, so it's alot of fun
    some pictures: these were taken on my phone in my parking lot, and the car wasnt washed, but w/e.

pewter
    2001 z28 lingenfelter 383

ummm.y does your firehawk have a ws6 hood bro???? check the inside of your drivers door to see if theres a sticker there from slp...thats not a hawk hood

I bet your dad's insurance will go through the roof.. ouch...
    ok bud... girls will be chasing after you non stop, hehheh.. see ya around the site.
    yeah, the hood is WS6 ram air, the firehawck hood would have 2 additional small air holes in the upper corners... hmmm .. take a photo of the codes on the door and post back here, we can research,,

Black
    99' Firehawk M6

Yeah, i know all about that now, I've probably read the whole site by now. I already checked the side door before I bought it, it said something like the following SLP options have been installed : floor mats, bilstein sports suspension.
    As for the hood, my brother originally had the firehawk hood. He absolutely despised of it and he got rid of it and got a ws6 hood from one of his friends, I was actually there helping him change the hood. Ialso like the ws6 hood better, looks meaners . After that, he got the SLP exhaust and different tips, short shifter, SLP lid box, kn air filter, and the kit aswell. The headers, cams, and nos he got after all that, but he was getting married so he didnt put them in and instead gave them to me with the car. I believe they are Hooker headers.
    also for the insurance, I got a $300 discount for my grades, which brought my insurance down to $115 month/6 month contract.

Black
    2014 Camaro 1LS

Quote Originally Posted by bigDaddyBoost View Post
    I can tell you first hand that while Firehawks are very nice they are also very overpriced. I used to work for SLP as a R&D Tech. and I hate to say it but they are nothing special. Take the extra money you'll spend on a Firehawk and put it into a stock WS6...you'll be ahead of the game.
    u got any pull @ SLP getting some info about SLP options on my car ?

what do you mean?

member since may 2000 nhraformula's Avatar

black

Quote Originally Posted by Sikhawk View Post
    Yeah, i know all about that now, I've probably read the whole site by now. I already checked the side door before I bought it, it said something like the following SLP options have been installed : floor mats, bilstein sports suspension.
    As for the hood, my brother originally had the firehawk hood. He absolutely despised of it and he got rid of it and got a ws6 hood from one of his friends, I was actually there helping him change the hood. Ialso like the ws6 hood better, looks meaners . After that, he got the SLP exhaust and different tips, short shifter, SLP lid box, kn air filter, and the kit aswell. The headers, cams, and nos he got after all that, but he was getting married so he didnt put them in and instead gave them to me with the car. I believe they are Hooker headers.
    also for the insurance, I got a $300 discount for my grades, which brought my insurance down to $115 month/6 month contract.

he had to change the whole front of the car then because the way the hawk hood is longer

Black
    99' Firehawk M6

Quote Originally Posted by nhraformula View Post
    he had to change the whole front of the car then because the way the hawk hood is longer
    yea it kinda overlaps the body at the very tip of the hood, but everything else fits great. I can take a picture, its just its dark and you wont be able to see it.

A Firehawk needs a hawk hood, too many WS6 hoods out there IMO

Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

only a fuckin 16 y/o would want a hawk with the wrong fuckin hood on it...that's retarded... just fucking retarded. Furthermore, what the hell was your bro thinkin putting a wings west clip on the front and replaceing the rear lights etc....he's totally removed all of the collectable factors of a freakin firehawk! I'm sorry to be so adament, but that car is a desecration to the name.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information