Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Blog Entries

T-Top Stories, Near Death Experiences..

We wanted to add some crazy new stories to a new section on our web site.
    As many of you know we have been Sponsors since 2006! If anyone has any crazy or exciting t-top stories.. please please please let us know!

Also, if you need t-tops, they are heavily marked down right now. We have
    most all in stock! Example: Firebird T-Tops, 93-02, only $149.00!

Thanks,

Brian B

http://www.t-topsonline.com

its short but its skinny. jiveass's Avatar

pewter
    99 trans am

hmm....well during hurricane ike, a tree limb fell across my vette cracking the driver side t-top, causing me to not be able to shut the door while the window is all the way up...these vette tops are expensive! cheapest set i found were some glass ones on ebay for $500...the rest were around $1000.....

Blackened fire chicken
    2000 Pontiac Trans Am WS6

some dumb ass i used to know forgot to latch the drivers side t-top, and while he was driving on the freeway it flew off and broke! haha...idiot

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by needls1again View Post
    hmm....well during hurricane ike, a tree limb fell across my vette cracking the driver side t-top, causing me to not be able to shut the door while the window is all the way up...these vette tops are expensive! cheapest set i found were some glass ones on ebay for $500...the rest were around $1000.....

To be honest you got a good price and I don't even like to mess with those tops because they are so expensive.. if they break in shipment we are OUT!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by godless-phoenix View Post
    some dumb ass i used to know forgot to latch the drivers side t-top, and while he was driving on the freeway it flew off and broke! haha...idiot
    Story of my life hahah! No kidding but I hear this same story at least twice a day!

Wait.........WHAT??!! LoneGunman's Avatar

Hugger Orange
    '99 Camaro Z28

Here's a t-top story for you:

Once upon a time, General Motors had two cars that were totally awesome. The Camaro and the Firebird. One day in the mid 70's, a guy at GM said "how can we make these two cars reek of even more awesomeness?" And another guy said "how about we put T-tops in them like on the Corvette!" The two men danced with glee, running up and down the halls of the GM headquarters shouting "T-TOPS, T-TOPS, PUT T-TOPS IN THE F-BODIES!!" So they did. Thus making the t-top equipped F-Body the greatest car in the universe. The End

White
    1998 Trans Am

I actually worked with an idiot with a formula who alwalys took the tops off even on hot days and guess his brain melted and forgot to latch both of them. He put the passanger on 1at since that's the way the come out then the drivers side and got in. I saw him reach across and latch the passenger side and assumed he did the drivers side when he go in. Glad I was following a few cars Bach he had with windows down and punched it the next thing I saw was a top in the air on go off the side of the road so we turned around and went to see what was left it antually made it off the road and landed behind a bush on the grass about 6 inches from the parking lot. Was a little scrathed from the small rocks and bush but was still in one piece, now isn't that some dunb luck. If it was my car it would have it pavement with my luck. That's why I lock mine everytime I put them in just to make sure I remember to latch them
    1998 Trans Am 85k miles.
    Bolt ons, MS3 113LSA cam, Circle D Stall, Tune, Modified WS6 style hood, Full Suspension, 6000k HID's, Clear Side Markers w/ Leds, Led 3rd Brake Light and 18" AR Staggered Killer Wheels w/ BFG KDW NT's.- Weekend Toy/DD
    02 Trailblazer -Sold
    09 Ram 1500 CC - Sold
    09 Cobalt SS/TC - Sold
    13 ram 1500 LoneStar CC 4x4 - Magnaflow, K&N,and more to come-DD/Toy

Yellow
    2002 CETA

when i bought my car, i didnt take the t-tops off..when i got it home and was cleaning it up and going to take a ride with them off, i noticed a signature under my passenger t-top..turns out it was signed by Geoffrey Bodine and was a parade car in the daytona 500...you could say i was even MORE happy i bought the car after finding that out!!

its short but its skinny. jiveass's Avatar

pewter
    99 trans am

Quote Originally Posted by dbrichrider33333 View Post
    when i bought my car, i didnt take the t-tops off..when i got it home and was cleaning it up and going to take a ride with them off, i noticed a signature under my passenger t-top..turns out it was signed by Geoffrey Bodine and was a parade car in the daytona 500...you could say i was even MORE happy i bought the car after finding that out!!
    probably the best story so far.

Yellow
    2002 CETA

Quote Originally Posted by needls1again View Post
    probably the best story so far.
    haha thanks...i dont even think the dealership i got it from had any idea what they had..and it was in illinois..car traveled a long way from Kissimmee, FL which is where it was first sold new.

04 Cobra 'vert - M6 mysti
    02 WS6 coupe - A4 red

haha thanks...i dont even think the dealership i got it from had any idea what they had..and it was in illinois..car traveled a long way from Kissimmee, FL which is where it was first sold new.
    You'd know if they knew, because they'd have charged more

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by LoneGunman View Post
    Here's a t-top story for you:

Once upon a time, General Motors had two cars that were totally awesome. The Camaro and the Firebird. One day in the mid 70's, a guy at GM said "how can we make these two cars reek of even more awesomeness?" And another guy said "how about we put T-tops in them like on the Corvette!" The two men danced with glee, running up and down the halls of the GM headquarters shouting "T-TOPS, T-TOPS, PUT T-TOPS IN THE F-BODIES!!" So they did. Thus making the t-top equipped F-Body the greatest car in the universe. The End
    LOL That's awesome!

Yellow
    2002 CETA

Quote Originally Posted by Schmalgar View Post
    You'd know if they knew, because they'd have charged more
    ha..ya your probably right on that one.

Blog Entries
    The most original t-top story I've ever heard! Very nice!!!
    So did you auction it off or what?

Yellow
    2002 CETA

Quote Originally Posted by t-topsonline View Post
    The most original t-top story I've ever heard! Very nice!!!
    So did you auction it off or what?
    haha thanks!..nope still have it and will probably never sell it (at least i hope not)

Blog Entries
    haha thanks!..nope still have it and will probably never sell it (at least i hope not)
    Keep that puppy locked down

Yellow
    2002 CETA

Quote Originally Posted by t-topsonline View Post
    Keep that puppy locked down
    hahaha will do!

autoconnectionllc.com 02transamce's Avatar

2007 Corvette
    Ebony

Too bad it wasn't signed by Tony Stewart,he drove a pontiac stock car back in 02,pontiac did a few commercials with him driving the ceta around daytona! I have a pic on my computer with Stewart and Leno standing by a pace car ceta,still very cool piece of pontiac history you have there. Our ceta was bought new in alabama by my wife,so no driver signatures
    Posted via Mobile Device

black
    2001 Trans Am

Me and my best friend Bethany cruisin around in Dragonbird w/ t-tops out. we pull into a gas station....a bunch of skinned up chins from jaws dropping, lol

pewter
    00 ws6

i had a 90 vette once with the stupid ratchet a socket you had to use to tighten the top on so i would never tighten it , i would just pop it on and off because it would take too long (being lazy) so i came out of the bar one night with a girl i had met and took off down the boulevard and off it went. that was an expensive lesson to learn

Thread Information