Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 43

T/A Question

This is a discussion on T/A Question within the Firebird / WS6 forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; OK well i am new to the board so i am not sure where to post this so please do ...

  1. #1
    Junior Member Sfgore_21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Albuquerque, NM
    Posts
    63

    Red
    1999 Trans Am WS6

    T/A Question

    OK well i am new to the board so i am not sure where to post this so please do not bash me if i am in the wrong area. I am buying 1999 WS6 Trans Am tomorrow she is all stock has 73700 miles on her, she is a true WS6 thanks to this board i made sure. the guy seem like a strait up guy he is putting all 4 new tires for me so i can drive her home for the price of 8750.00 from the pics he sent it looks like he took care of her has one crack on the door panel not really that bad though carfax is good he is the 2nd owner. i just want to know if it is a good buy? i think it is but not sure.

  2. #2
    Senior Member justinmc978's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    college station, tx
    Posts
    2,564

    sold: 1999 firebird
    1998 Trans Am

    Quote Originally Posted by Sfgore_21 View Post
    OK well i am new to the board so i am not sure where to post this so please do not bash me if i am in the wrong area. I am buying 1999 WS6 Trans Am tomorrow she is all stock has 73700 miles on her, she is a true WS6 thanks to this board i made sure. the guy seem like a strait up guy he is putting all 4 new tires for me so i can drive her home for the price of 8750.00 from the pics he sent it looks like he took care of her has one crack on the door panel not really that bad though carfax is good he is the 2nd owner. i just want to know if it is a good buy? i think it is but not sure.
    sounds like it to me for that few of miles

  3. #3
    None Shall Pass Knight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    East of Cleveland, Ohio
    Posts
    3,828

    Black
    99 WS.6 - Modified

    Yeah man! Not a bad deal. I've got a 99 ws6 with 50k mi. and I picked it up for $7500 only because the guy needed money - he paid $10k for it a year before. As long as it's mechanically sound and the body is good I'd say do it. Maybe even take it to a mechanic you trust to check it before you pay for it if you don't know what to look for.
    It's not how fast you can go. It's how fast you can get there.

    Follow us at www.facebook.com/RGCustoms

  4. #4
    Junior Member Sfgore_21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Albuquerque, NM
    Posts
    63

    Red
    1999 Trans Am WS6

    Quote Originally Posted by Knight View Post
    Yeah man! Not a bad deal. I've got a 99 ws6 with 50k mi. and I picked it up for $7500 only because the guy needed money - he paid $10k for it a year before. As long as it's mechanically sound and the body is good I'd say do it. Maybe even take it to a mechanic you trust to check it before you pay for it if you don't know what to look for.
    Sweet i have wanted one sense they came out just couldn't pony up the doe. is there anything specific i should check when i check it out in person?

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    OHIO
    Posts
    63

    Collector Yellow
    2002 CETA Conv Auto

    hey, don't feel bad about not putting out the dough when they were new, I couldn't afford to spend what my car cost new on a car either.

    Just look it over good, drive it around some, with the radio off, and listen to the car, you'll know if it is a good car or not.

    congrats.

  6. #6
    Junior Member Sfgore_21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Albuquerque, NM
    Posts
    63

    Red
    1999 Trans Am WS6

    Quote Originally Posted by MrAFX View Post
    hey, don't feel bad about not putting out the dough when they were new, I couldn't afford to spend what my car cost new on a car either.

    Just look it over good, drive it around some, with the radio off, and listen to the car, you'll know if it is a good car or not.

    congrats.
    Thanks! Man i can wait to sit behind the wheel!

  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Tulsa,OK
    Age
    37
    Posts
    914

    Quick Silver
    2002 Z06

    Sounds like a decent deal from the description.. Make sure and get us some pics when you get it!


    Slow Passenger Window - Want Passenger Express Down - Tired of Replacing DayTime Running Light Bulbs

    Camaro Owners Click Here
    Firebird Owners Click Here

    Need instructions to replace your F-Body window motor?
    www.AutoTrix.net

  8. #8
    Junior Member Sfgore_21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Albuquerque, NM
    Posts
    63

    Red
    1999 Trans Am WS6

    Quote Originally Posted by gnomee View Post
    Sounds like a decent deal from the description.. Make sure and get us some pics when you get it!
    Will Do i feel like it is Christmas lol but yeah i will post some pics when i get it.

  9. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Pensacola
    Posts
    174

    Red
    1998 Trans Am WS6

    congrats! happy modding and welcome to the forum.

  10. #10
    Senior Member Too Fast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    54
    Posts
    5,170

    Black
    2000 WS6 6spd Hooker LT

    On your test drive, listen for any rear axle noise. And, congrats also, that is a good price if no major flaws. That door panel can be fixed.

  11. #11
    its short but its skinny. jiveass's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    The Woodlands/spring/houston
    Posts
    2,142

    pewter
    99 trans am

    Quote Originally Posted by Too Fast View Post
    On your test drive, listen for any rear axle noise. And, congrats also, that is a good price if no major flaws. That door panel can be fixed.
    common problem on these cars...no big deal.

  12. #12
    Spaz is My Mentor SMWS6TA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Ugy Lower Corner of AL
    Posts
    10,512

    Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/a little mods...

    Take it on an extensive test drive (hwy/street) and look under the hood. Look for any mods and get a list of any that was done. I test drove one last yr, it had heavy mods done to it, thought it was great, agreed to buy, went to go sign the papers and it blew a rod. I couldn't believe it. It would have been a long and very pissed off ride home if it had happen driving it back.

  13. #13
    Chief of his tribe! LSCyaL8R's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    1,460

    Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 T/A Firehawk M6

    yeah. I took one look at mine and knew i would buy it. I took it out for a test drive anyway just to make sure it felt strong.... check!.... wasn't till I was driving home that I noticed a bearing noise in the rear... sigh.... bearings i can live with... had it been the gears i'd have likely gone on a rampage. I'm going to swap out the axle anyway so it really didn't bother me much.

  14. #14
    Member waldo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    617

    Machine Silver
    05 Corvette

    make sure the tires are Z rated. Don’t let him put low speed cheep tired on the car.

  15. #15
    C Dave Go TheSilverSurfer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Perrysburg,Ohio
    Age
    73
    Posts
    503

    Bright Silver Metallic
    2002 Trans Am WS6

    Good luck with your new ride.
    2002 Silver Trans Am WS6
    Trans Am Nationals Heavy Modified Show Champion
    Great Lakes Regional Heavy Modified Show Champion
    http://community.webshots.com/user/silverbird43551
    http://thesilversurfer.phanfare.com

  16. #16
    Junior Member Sfgore_21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Albuquerque, NM
    Posts
    63

    Red
    1999 Trans Am WS6

    Well here is the Update I bought The Car Man this car is as clean as can be besides the Crack in the Door and antanna that won't go all the way down. He Did Put Z rated Tires from Discount saved Me 530.00+ tax Bucks Gave me 2 12 inch MTX along with the custom Box. 2 of the WS6 rims look like they hit a curb but not really bad i will replace them. i Drove Her From PHX to Albuquerque, New Mexico and she Drives like a Dream. Engine Is very Clean Not a leak on it No mods What so ever that i saw. I will Get Pics Hopefully soon But i have to get to work in a bit. Thanks everyone for the Help I really like this Board i am learning alot. talk to you soon everyone.

  17. #17
    Member waldo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    617

    Machine Silver
    05 Corvette

    Quote Originally Posted by Sfgore_21 View Post
    Well here is the Update I bought The Car Man this car is as clean as can be besides the Crack in the Door and antanna that won't go all the way down. He Did Put Z rated Tires from Discount saved Me 530.00+ tax Bucks Gave me 2 12 inch MTX along with the custom Box. 2 of the WS6 rims look like they hit a curb but not really bad i will replace them. i Drove Her From PHX to Albuquerque, New Mexico and she Drives like a Dream. Engine Is very Clean Not a leak on it No mods What so ever that i saw. I will Get Pics Hopefully soon But i have to get to work in a bit. Thanks everyone for the Help I really like this Board i am learning alot. talk to you soon everyone.
    congrats!!!!!!!!!!! enjoy your new toy!

  18. #18
    Junior Member bobodog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Alachua,Fl.
    Posts
    53

    NBM
    2002 WS6

    yea man i know the feelin. i had a boner the whole way home the day i bought mine!!

  19. #19
    Junior Member LetemSpin1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Poolesville, Maryland
    Age
    32
    Posts
    70

    black
    2000 trans am ws6

    greatest feeling so far isnt it? the next will be when you put exhaust on it, assuming thats the first thing you will do... lol

  20. #20
    Junior Member Sfgore_21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Albuquerque, NM
    Posts
    63

    Red
    1999 Trans Am WS6

    Quote Originally Posted by LetemSpin1 View Post
    greatest feeling so far isnt it? the next will be when you put exhaust on it, assuming thats the first thing you will do... lol
    lol!oh Yeah! exhaust is the first i was planing just not sure on which exhaust i want.
    Last edited by Sfgore_21; 02-12-2010 at 09:48 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. speedometer question + top speed question
    By Krazy351w in forum General Help
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 06-21-2007, 06:51 PM
  2. HPIII question (not the same old question)
    By slims00ls1z28 in forum Computer & Tuning
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-01-2007, 05:55 PM
  3. 97 Bird Headlight question also engine noise question
    By Zapper2003 in forum General Help
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-13-2006, 04:03 AM
  4. Speedometer question, RPO question
    By acrylicophobia in forum Firebird / WS6
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 11-02-2006, 08:08 AM
  5. Sex Question spinoff- PORN QUESTION
    By egaian in forum Almost Anything Goes
    Replies: 77
    Last Post: 07-26-2006, 04:07 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •