Black
    2002 Trans Am

T/A, Formula or a WS6

some of u may know i bought a 1996 firebird v6 and im looking to buy a ls1 this next year. i can sell it for 5000 and i will make 2000 this summer so i will have about 7000 to buy a new car with i am 16 right now and i need somethin that i can mod and that aint gonna take a crap on me i thought the v6 would have pleanty of power but i thought rong its fun and all but i would like something a little newer but only have 7grand to do it with so i was wondering T/A, Formula, or a WS6 M6 of course. witch would be best for the money of corse the WS6 is the best but it would be older and have more miles on it. or should i look into buying Camaro i dont know witch would be cheaper. im on a budget and would like a car to customize and not rice out that is pussy shit i like amarican mussle. i watch bull run and love the 09 car the WS6 but i know i probly cant afford it. wat do u think i should do.... 90% sure the v6 will be gone by the end of this year so i wanna know what i should look into next gota be an LS1
    Wishin for a LS1

Blue
    1968 Chevy Camaro RS 327

it all depends on how you like the car. You gotta test drive some and whatnot. If it was me, out of the trans ams, i would go with the WS6. Out of the Camaros, it would be an SS. And out of the SS and the WS6 i would probably go with the SS, because i think it looks hotter, and it is lighter than the ws6. But, both are really good cars. You should go with the WS6, you really cant go wrong.
    My Cars

1968 Chevy Camaro Rally Sport 327
    Pretty Sweet muscle car. Around 400HP Right now,
    and much more to come.

2007 BMW M6 Cabriolet
    Black Paint, Black Top, Red Interior.
    Only mods as of now is the electronic speed limiter off.

Black
    2002 Trans Am

Money Money Money i have looked for a while and still have a long time to keep looking but i cant find a WS6 for the money

Blue
    1968 Chevy Camaro RS 327

Quote Originally Posted by littlevegas1 View Post
    Money Money Money i have looked for a while and still have a long time to keep looking but i cant find a WS6 for the money
    i mean if you dont have the money then even a z28 camaro is good because, it is definelty not faster than the ss stock. The SS just has some different body features that are different. And the SS is faster then the WS6, so i mean the Z28 isnt a bad choice either. And plus Z28's can hold their value that much so that makes them priced pretty cheap. So, if you have the money, get the WS6 and if you dont have as much then get the Z28

HERE WE GO STEELERS!!! michaelinchains's Avatar

black
    `99 GTP/`98 formy(sold)

be patient & dont settle till ya find what you want.i recently purchased my 98 formula completely stock & well maintained for $5000.00.mileage was alittle over 120k(not what id hoped,but not scary).mine`s not a daily driver,so mileage wasnt a huge issue either.by the way get a formula,they`re ultra rare compared to ta`s..they`re not cop magnets & what a sleeper!!

Black
    2002 Trans Am

daily driver in summer when its not crapy out and insurence matters im 16 so cant get a loan but do have a job witch i quit to play football and i will pick another one up for winter unless i wrestle again maby maby not

Navy Blue Metallic
    `98 Formula M6 HdTp

All the LS1 cars are the same as far as performance, In general one is not faster than another, so the extra money spent on an SS or WS6 is not justified. Your 16 and you have lots of time to get what you want be patient and get the car that is the best deal for you.
    Craig
    Semi Retired Street Racer
    2012 Lava Red Mustang GT Coupe Brembo/3.73's
    Build Date 3/17/11, Last Lava Red GT

Gone but not forgoten
    NBM `98 Formula M6 HdTp
    1 of 1 Build Date 3/12/98

Impounded

Red
    2000 Trans Am

They do have different power the 98s generally have less than the rest. But each one from the same year is the same. For 7k though i would just get a nice lt1 car you could get a lt1 with 40-50k miles on if for 7k if you look. The lt1 was a easy modded motor and mine help yp great for the 80k i beat the hell outta it. If your gonna get a LS! its gonna have mileage then down the road you will buy another with less miles and have to start all over again. If you buy a LS! with 120k on it drive it and mod it for a few years and try and sell it with 150k or more you will loose tons of money.

Navy Blue Metallic
    `98 Formula M6 HdTp

Quote Originally Posted by 2000T/A Guru View Post
    They do have different power the 98s generally have less than the rest.
    You really need to do better research or maybe start racing other cars more often because your statement is incorrect. No year LS1 has a distinct advantage over another. While later cars(`01+) may have an LS6 intake their less aggressive cams tend to even things back out. And stateing that An SS, WS6 or Hawk has more power over a base car tells me you believe all the GM marketing hype. Believe me if there is a 5 HP difference between 2 cars you wouldn't notice it on the street.

Pewter
    99 Formula

i think you should just wait it out man, drive your v6 around for another couple years until you are a little older and just save up your money so you can get a nice one and what you want!

Black
    2001 Trans Am (sold)

Quote Originally Posted by TMR Arb View Post
    i think you should just wait it out man, drive your v6 around for another couple years until you are a little older and just save up your money so you can get a nice one and what you want!
    Best advice yet.

green
    98 formula

Quote Originally Posted by TMR Arb View Post
    so true, besides getting $5000 out of a 6-cyl may be hard good luck

Black
    2002 Trans Am

my friends mom sayed she would probly buy it and i live in the sticks and any nice car around here goes for a pritty penny i was joken around about selling it and shes like really so im like your willing to pay 5000 bucks for it and she sayed ya i would really like a v8 there are a few ricers around here and no american mussle to woop the butts

Black
    2002 Trans Am

and also idk if theres a big dif in what kinda car the ls1 is in and i am gonna custimize it performance wise so im looking for decent lookin ls1 car with good amount of miles to build a good car gota strant with a good base

green
    98 formula

Quote Originally Posted by littlevegas1 View Post
    and also idk if theres a big dif in what kinda car the ls1 is in and i am gonna custimize it performance wise so im looking for decent lookin ls1 car with good amount of miles to build a good car gota strant with a good base
    great point start with a good one I like both camaro and firebird equally

I Love High-Explosives! TheChad1371's Avatar

Pewter
    2000 Trans Am WS.6

keep savin money with the gas you dont have to get compared to us ws.6ers and ss'ers. and by the time you move out, you'll be good.

Thread Information