Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 37
Like Tree1Likes

Super Excited!

This is a discussion on Super Excited! within the Firebird / WS6 forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; After a couple of long years without an F-Body, I'm finally the proud new owner of another one. Previous three ...

  1. #1
    Member Badass WS6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    A, A
    Posts
    375

    Pewter
    2002 Trans Am WS6

    Super Excited!

    After a couple of long years without an F-Body, I'm finally the proud new owner of another one.

    Previous three were Camaro's. Time to switch it up a bit.

    Just bought an '01 WS6. NBM, T-Tops, A4, tan leather, power everything. Just over 111k miles. Lid, K&N Filter, some suspension mods, and Borla cat back.

    Pick it up this weekend. Will post pics then.

    Too excited not to share. Feeling extremely blessed and lucky and cannot wait till this weekend.
    [<a href=http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn249/brotrippin/null-28.jpg target=_blank>http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/n...in/null-28.jpg</a>/SIGPIC][SIGPIC]

  2. #2
    Spaz is My Mentor SMWS6TA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Ugy Lower Corner of AL
    Posts
    10,511

    Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/a little mods...

    congrates, 1st thing to do.....toss the K&N filter....post pics


    Alright another NBM
    Last edited by SMWS6TA; 06-18-2013 at 02:22 PM.

  3. #3
    She Moderator KahanaReef's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    So Cal
    Age
    54
    Posts
    15,590

    Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

    Congratulations! And I agree on the K&N. Too messy. Good paper filter is better

  4. #4
    Moderator 35th-ANV-SS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Wherever life takes me
    Posts
    12,465

    Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

    Congrats, man. Looking forward to the pics.

  5. #5
    Senior Member theorangeguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Nashville, TN
    Posts
    1,434

    Black / White
    '00 T/A M6/'15 Hemi Truck

    congrats man.

  6. #6
    Member Badass WS6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    A, A
    Posts
    375

    Pewter
    2002 Trans Am WS6

    Quote Originally Posted by SMWS6TA View Post
    congrates, 1st thing to do.....toss the K&N filter....post pics


    Alright another NBM
    Quote Originally Posted by KahanaReef View Post
    Congratulations! And I agree on the K&N. Too messy. Good paper filter is better
    Quote Originally Posted by 35th-ANV-SS View Post
    Congrats, man. Looking forward to the pics.
    Quote Originally Posted by theorangeguy View Post
    congrats man.
    Thank you for the congrats. Due to my work schedule, I won't be able to pick it up till Monday or Tuesday.

    What paper filter would you guys recommend? I've used both a Wix and Fram paper filter in my old '99 Z with no issues.

    Any other recommendations on filter choice?

    Out of curiosity, what's wrong, or so bad about the K&N filter?

    Thanks.

    Also, as soon as I get it and wash it I will definitely post pics. NBM is my favorite color on an F-Body. After all, my previous two were NBM. Lol.
    Last edited by Badass WS6; 06-21-2013 at 10:30 AM.

  7. #7
    Senior Member theorangeguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Nashville, TN
    Posts
    1,434

    Black / White
    '00 T/A M6/'15 Hemi Truck

    Quote Originally Posted by My Slow Camaro View Post
    Thank you for the congrats. Due to my work schedule, I won't be able to pick it up till Monday or Tuesday.

    What paper filter would you guys recommend? I've used both a Wix and Fram paper filter in my old '99 Z with no issues.

    Any other recommendations on filter choice?

    Out of curiosity, what's wrong, or so bad about the K&N filter?

    Thanks.
    K&N lets in a lot of dirt and the oil can reak havic with the MAF's if you dont use it the right way...I had a K&N throw my MAF into fits on my z28 back in the day...

  8. #8
    Member Badass WS6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    A, A
    Posts
    375

    Pewter
    2002 Trans Am WS6

    Quote Originally Posted by theorangeguy View Post
    K&N lets in a lot of dirt and the oil can reak havic with the MAF's if you dont use it the right way...I had a K&N throw my MAF into fits on my z28 back in the day...
    Did not know that, thanks for the advice. I'll definitely keep that in mind and will more than likely pick up a paper filter.

    Any recommendations out of the two I mentioned that I've used before? What kind are you using?

  9. #9
    Senior Member theorangeguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Nashville, TN
    Posts
    1,434

    Black / White
    '00 T/A M6/'15 Hemi Truck

    Quote Originally Posted by My Slow Camaro View Post
    Did not know that, thanks for the advice. I'll definitely keep that in mind and will more than likely pick up a paper filter.

    Any recommendations out of the two I mentioned that I've used before? What kind are you using?
    I usually run purolator because I started using them when I got rid of my K&N with my last fbody...I do know a lot of guys really like the Amsoil paper filters tho...they swear by them but i've never used one. I see wix filters brought up a lot as well. I personally dont like using the fram brand because of the oil filter issues they have, but thats just me...
    Last edited by theorangeguy; 06-21-2013 at 10:44 AM.

  10. #10
    Member Badass WS6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    A, A
    Posts
    375

    Pewter
    2002 Trans Am WS6

    Quote Originally Posted by theorangeguy View Post
    I usually run purolator because I started using them when I got rid of my K&N with my last fbody...I do know a lot of guys really like the Amsoil paper filters tho...they swear by them but i've never used one. I see wix filters brought up a lot as well. I personally dont like using the fram brand because of the oil filter issues they have, but thats just me...
    I appreciate the info.

  11. #11
    Senior Member theorangeguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Nashville, TN
    Posts
    1,434

    Black / White
    '00 T/A M6/'15 Hemi Truck

    Quote Originally Posted by My Slow Camaro View Post
    I appreciate the info.
    No problem. For all I know Fram could make a good air filter, but i've seen fram oil filters cause all types of issues so I just stay away from that name in general.

  12. #12
    Member Badass WS6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    A, A
    Posts
    375

    Pewter
    2002 Trans Am WS6

    Didn't really want to use the pic in the ad but better than nothing. Felt like showing it off a little.

    Once the keys are in my hand I'll definitely post better pics.

  13. #13
    Senior Member theorangeguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Nashville, TN
    Posts
    1,434

    Black / White
    '00 T/A M6/'15 Hemi Truck

    car looks great. love those wheels on the ta's

  14. #14
    Member Badass WS6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    A, A
    Posts
    375

    Pewter
    2002 Trans Am WS6

    Thank you. I'm stoked.

  15. #15
    Member initechpeter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    207

    2002 Trans Am WS6 - Red
    2013 Chevy Traverse LTZ

    Nice ride. Definitely need more pics.

  16. #16
    Member Badass WS6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    A, A
    Posts
    375

    Pewter
    2002 Trans Am WS6

    ^^^^^

    Thank you.

    More pics to come when I pick it up in a few days.

  17. #17
    Something Diabolical... chuckie669's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Posts
    2,677
    2000 C5 Torch Red

    properly used i don't think k&n are bad. problem is 90% of people feel that if oiling a little is good then a lot is better.

    Saw a car once that had a red tinted tb blade.

  18. #18
    Member cowstandmoto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Posts
    341

    Dark Blue Metallic
    2002 Trans Am WS6 M6

    Congratulations!

  19. #19
    Super Moderator
    pajeff02's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Mansfield, PA
    Posts
    21,576

    Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

    Congrats on the purchase -- looks like a nice car.

  20. #20
    Member Nutball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    260

    Maple Red Metallic
    2001 T/A

    Quote Originally Posted by My Slow Camaro View Post
    Too excited not to share. Feeling extremely blessed and lucky and cannot wait till this weekend.
    I know that feeling well. I went 7 years without my F-body.
    Congrats on an awesome looking T/A!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. I am so excited!!!
    By blackSS01 in forum Almost Anything Goes
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 02-16-2009, 10:04 PM
  2. Im pretty excited...
    By 2000silverbullet in forum Kill Stories
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 07-10-2008, 09:25 PM
  3. my 2nd new red 99 ss and ime excited
    By red99camaross in forum New Member Introductions
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-17-2008, 11:16 AM
  4. Man I am so excited/nervous....anyone else????????????
    By Hurley711 in forum Almost Anything Goes
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-09-2007, 06:49 AM
  5. excited....
    By ls1kid20 in forum Camaro / SS
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 02-09-2006, 04:07 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •