Bright Red
    98 Camaro 'vert / 2k WU6

Suggestions for a nice package...

OK, winter is moving in fast (d'uh ... sucks ...), I need to start planing on what to do ...

Car is a 2000 WU6, currently stock, apart from me beginning some EFILive tuning of the engine and an SLP short shifter ...

Car is registered in germany, and it needs to pass TÜV and emissions testing, plus fuel prices are like twice what you guys pay in the States. Therefore, I can't go all out on mods and stuff ... also, it would be nice if the car stayed streetable for normal cruising ...

That said, I'm looking to put together a package that makes decent HP/Torque for the money, and stays within above requirements ...

I had a suggestion for a thunder racing Cam some time back, California emission legal, so I figure that would work. Another option would be going with a Z06 cam, does decent HP, plus with it being a stock GM part, it should give me no problem passing emissions. As for noise - oops - sound, it would be nice if it didn't change the idle sound too much, though as long as it's not too extreme, I figure it wouldn't matter to TÜV ...

What Intake would be a good choice? Heard bad things about the Fast products, Z06 would be a good match to the Cam I recon ...

On headers, I need to keep the ground clearance ... my driveway is a PITA ... on my Camaro with SFCs, I need to watch out or I scrape on the ground ...

What about other small parts, like push rods, valve springs and the likes? Don't want to get started (or finished), just to notice stuff that I SHOULD have done to begin with ... especially as getting parts frm the States isn't as easy as it is for most LS1-folks here ...

Oh, air filter - I thought about putting a dual-cone thingy in, do away with the bottom air feed and just use the air coming through the nose ... should do, or, and should reduce turbulences ...

On the MAF, I'm currently running w/o its input to the PCM, did a SD-tune and haven't re-enabled it ... should I go back to MAF after the upgrade and tune, or just continue SD and drop the whole MAF assembly for a straight bellow?

And finally, not motor-related - I recon the stock clutch is already slipping some, at least it feels like it is at the track (no problem during regular street driving yet) ... any suggestions? Thought about getting the Z06 clutch assembly ... one guy just put in a Spec 1, but I again heard bad things about it ...

As for the goal - I figure something in the 4xx HP range would be nice ...

Tnx!!!

pewter
    2001 z28 lingenfelter 383

sounds like u have fantastic ideas already bro...as for an intake just throw a lid on it for 90 bucks

Bright Red
    98 Camaro 'vert / 2k WU6

Meant the intake manifold ...

Oh, anything I should watch out for when getting a timing chain? With almost 81kmi on the motor (and no info if or when it has been changed last), I guess this would be the perfect time to also replace that ... what about the water pump?

Thread Information