Black Beast 1 badblack transam 01's Avatar

Black
    2001 Trans Am WS6

Suggestions or help

When I bought my car it had been previously wrecked and put back together and is in awesome condition so I got a deal but my TCS wouldnt turn off. I took it to the pontiac dealership the last wednesday and they said when the car was put back together the man who done it put 2 different computer systems in it and the wiring wasnt stock. They said it would be perfectly fine like this. I dont have a wire running to the socket to put a fuse for the TCS BAT, this is my problem and they said it would cost from 200-1000 $ to fix once they started digging in and ripping wires.

Any truth behind this? Any way of determining the route of the wires myself?
    And is there any way I could fix this myself?

Thanks

Silver
    2002 Firehawk

Quote Originally Posted by 1 badblack transam 01 View Post
    When I bought my car it had been previously wrecked and put back together and is in awesome condition so I got a deal but my TCS wouldnt turn off. I took it to the pontiac dealership the last wednesday and they said when the car was put back together the man who done it put 2 different computer systems in it and the wiring wasnt stock. They said it would be perfectly fine like this. I dont have a wire running to the socket to put a fuse for the TCS BAT, this is my problem and they said it would cost from 200-1000 $ to fix once they started digging in and ripping wires.

Any truth behind this? Any way of determining the route of the wires myself?
    And is there any way I could fix this myself?

Thanks
    If you want the TCS to be off all the time, it would be cheaper to buy a programmer like HP Tuners and turn it off from there. It would also give you a new toy for tuning your car to absorb 100s or 1000s of hours over the years to come. It's also a great tool for diagnosing anything and everything in your LS1. Check out their website if you are interested in that.

My brother has been using this on his 2000 Grand Am with a heads/cam package, LS1 throttle body, Granatelli MAF, and the programmer has him running in the mid 14's. For the LS1's, I've heard of people getting up to 400HP at the wheels, with programming only...0 changes from stock.

Black
    2001 Trans Am WS6

It wasnt so much as wanting to have it off all the time as it was having it fixed and being able to turn it off and on. Off of course when racing or ne driving period. And on in the rain or snow.

White
    2001 Trans-Am

I am having the same kind of problem. My TC button at times, works fine, but after the car runs for 30 min, my light comes on on my dash but my button doesnt work at all when I switch it. If the car is cool, it works fine. I think all I need is a programmer of some sort, to give me a diagnosis of what is happening. I am kind of ( lost at sea) when it comes to wiring, and programming. If you find out something, Holla back!

Black
    2001 Trans Am WS6

We MIGHT have similar problems along side the fact that its TCS. Because im missing a the wire to the fuse slot.

But if i find out nething ill letcha know.. you give me holla to you find out nething.

thanks

Thread Information