silver
    '02 Firebird Formula

Strut Tower Brace

I just ordered a Strut Tower Brace for my '02 Formula and is there anything I should know to install it?

Navy Blue
    2002 Trans Am WS6 Conv

This is a very simple install. Just remove the appropriate nuts and set the brace in position. You will want to ensure you set it down over the studs on both sides at the same time so it doesn't get wedged on one side or the other. Watch for wiring that might get pinched underneath and tighten down the nuts.
    ATI Procharger, SFCs, Y-pipe, LM2, BBK Shorty Headers, Corvette N73 Magnesium Wheels, 4th Circle Designs Stripe and Overlay kit

silver
    '02 Firebird Formula

Is there any possibility of the struts moving when I remove the nuts?
    Is there any amount of torque I should tighten the nuts to after the bar is installed?

white
    04 2500 4x4 crew cab

I would not sughest driving the car with only half the nuts on the struts, but other than that, you should not have any problems. I have pulled and re-installed mine numerous times with no ill effects. As far as torque goes, there is a magic number, but I just get it good and tight.

silver
    '02 Firebird Formula

I just received the Strut Tower Brace in the mail, I haven't removed the protective bubble wrap from the bar yet but I held the bar on top of the nuts where it will go and it seems I won't be able to remove the oil cap if I bolt it on. Can I turn the oil cap fill pipe so it angles away from the bar?

Silver & Blue
    02 Camaro SS, 04 GTO

It is a ten minute install with nothing that can go wrong, you can't mess it up even if you tried.
    My ride is a 2002 Camaro SS SLP #3296 with 30k, LTH, 3" Y, CME, Frost tune, K&N, ported TB, Blackwing lid, Bellows, MSD, Denso Iridium, and 85mm MAF, Bilsteins, Eibach springs, SLP strut brace, Adj. Panhard, TA Girdle, UMI, Pro 5.0, Nitto NT555
    My wife has a 2004 GTO with the rare SAP, 18" wheels, K&N Cold Air System, MSD, Ported TB, Frost tune, Denso Iridium, Flowmaster cat-back, 3200 Yank, 75k

white
    04 2500 4x4 crew cab

The oil cap won't be a problem. It sits under a little, that's all. No worries.

Silver
    1999 Trans-Am, 2012 Sonic

Quote Originally Posted by 024mula View Post
    I just received the Strut Tower Brace in the mail, I haven't removed the protective bubble wrap from the bar yet but I held the bar on top of the nuts where it will go and it seems I won't be able to remove the oil cap if I bolt it on. Can I turn the oil cap fill pipe so it angles away from the bar?
    It will miss the cap as others stated. Do Not Try To Move the Oil Pipe. They are glued or something used to hold them fast, I've read others tried to move it and it broke off. Then you will be buying valve covers. Tighten the nuts to 32ftlbs
    99 Trans Am, SLP Lid, Blackwing filter, smooth bellow, Ported TB, LS6 intake, Ws6 lower ram air box, OBX LT's, Magna Flow cat back, LS7 clutch, Tick MC, Hurst Shifter, Frost Tune, UMI SFC,LAC, STB, PB, Torq Arm, Super Hawk hood, Torq Thrust II, Kee Audio.
    Strange S60 4:10's, D&S Rotors, S/S Brake Lines.
    Nitto NT05R Track Tire's, 12.7 @ 108 / 1.82 60'
    Wish list.
    Coil overs, Heads & Cam

Thread Information