Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 70

The stop-and-stare.

This is a discussion on The stop-and-stare. within the Firebird / WS6 forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; I know exactly what you mean... my first Trans Am..... I was at light, in my 2.4 turbo stratus, ss ...

  1. #41
    Awaiting Activation
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    san diego
    Age
    31
    Posts
    2,632

    black
    01 ws6

    I know exactly what you mean...

    my first Trans Am.....

    I was at light, in my 2.4 turbo stratus, ss hood, body kit, candy apple red, ran 13.5 1/4 mile. At a intersection i see a Black 1998-02 Trans Am WS6. He starts to make the u-turn, slams on the gas, and burnsout while making the most beautiful exhaust note i've ever heard... since then my blow off valve never sounded the same.... needless to say about a year later, I left my ricerness and jumped on the trans am.... it's sad that not a lot of people know what a trans am/camaro is... I mean i knew what they where but never saw them much really - and when i did I thought they where ungodly expensive....

    good times !

    When driving around college (10-15 mph) speed limit it's in first cutout open as long as I don't see the cops... ricers walking staring eyes wide open, and girls asking for rides but unable to let the words come out of their mouth....

    good feeling, then my girlfriend gets in the car and i turn off the cutout... put on the t-tops, raise the windows, and turn-off the cutout.... good while it lasts !

  2. #42
    Senior Member KyleLs1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Canada eh
    Posts
    3,534

    NBM
    99 TA

    Quote Originally Posted by eddielb View Post
    good feeling, then my girlfriend gets in the car and i turn off the cutout... put on the t-tops, raise the windows, and turn-off the cutout.... good while it lasts !
    spoken like a true man with a girlfriend haha i know all about that!
    god forbid she mess up her hair, and the loud exhaust might give her a headache right?

  3. #43
    Awaiting Activation
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    san diego
    Age
    31
    Posts
    2,632

    black
    01 ws6

    Quote Originally Posted by KyleLs1 View Post
    spoken like a true man with a girlfriend haha i know all about that!
    god forbid she mess up her hair, and the loud exhaust might give her a headache right?
    hahaha exactly ! oh well if we dont listen we dont get

  4. #44
    Moderator Firebirdjones's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    12,552
    Quote Originally Posted by eddielb View Post
    I know exactly what you mean...

    my first Trans Am.....

    I was at light, in my 2.4 turbo stratus, ss hood, body kit, candy apple red, ran 13.5 1/4 mile. At a intersection i see a Black 1998-02 Trans Am WS6. He starts to make the u-turn, slams on the gas, and burnsout while making the most beautiful exhaust note i've ever heard... since then my blow off valve never sounded the same.... needless to say about a year later, I left my ricerness and jumped on the trans am.... it's sad that not a lot of people know what a trans am/camaro is... I mean i knew what they where but never saw them much really - and when i did I thought they where ungodly expensive....

    good times !

    When driving around college (10-15 mph) speed limit it's in first cutout open as long as I don't see the cops... ricers walking staring eyes wide open, and girls asking for rides but unable to let the words come out of their mouth....

    good feeling, then my girlfriend gets in the car and i turn off the cutout... put on the t-tops, raise the windows, and turn-off the cutout.... good while it lasts !
    Don't know what an F-body is???? LOL I don't know what a 2.4 turbo stratus thingy you posted is If it's not V8 and rear wheel drive then I don't follow

  5. #45
    Awaiting Activation
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    san diego
    Age
    31
    Posts
    2,632

    black
    01 ws6

    Quote Originally Posted by Firebirdjones View Post
    Don't know what an F-body is???? LOL I don't know what a 2.4 turbo stratus thingy you posted is If it's not V8 and rear wheel drive then I don't follow
    honestly most people on the street have no clue what a trans am is, they've heard of camaro, but they odnt know what they look like, they are always asking me random questions like "who makes that?" "must have cost a lot of money" "that's not a mustang that's a ferrari"

    shit like that, i cant beleive it... even my girlfriend didn;t know what a transam was... now she has a camaro

  6. #46
    Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Age
    36
    Posts
    21,719

    My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

    my biggest pet peave is when people driving fellow f-bods act like they are driving a normal everyday car. It's like DAMN DUDE! we are kin...atleast wave back

  7. #47
    Pony Hater UKXK189's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    MN
    Age
    42
    Posts
    195

    Navy Blue Metallic
    2001 Trans Am

    Quote Originally Posted by eddielb View Post
    honestly most people on the street have no clue what a trans am is, they've heard of camaro, but they odnt know what they look like, they are always asking me random questions like "who makes that?" "must have cost a lot of money" "that's not a mustang that's a ferrari"

    shit like that, i cant beleive it... even my girlfriend didn;t know what a transam was... now she has a camaro
    My wife STILL calls my T/A a camaro from time to time. When I called her from the dealership, I told her I had found a gorgeous mint condition Trans Am with only 11k miles on it and that I was going to buy it. Her response was "You want a mini van?" I had to explain to her the difference between a Firebird Trans Am and the Trans Sport mini van.

  8. #48
    Pony Hater UKXK189's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    MN
    Age
    42
    Posts
    195

    Navy Blue Metallic
    2001 Trans Am

    Quote Originally Posted by third_shift|studios View Post
    my biggest pet peave is when people driving fellow f-bods act like they are driving a normal everyday car. It's like DAMN DUDE! we are kin...atleast wave back
    I hear you. I get more waves from Camaro drivers than other 'bird drivers. Hell, I once pulled up to the exact same style T/A as mine and I gave the guy a thumbs up, he just stared back at me like "Do I know you?"

  9. #49
    Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Age
    36
    Posts
    21,719

    My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

    Quote Originally Posted by UKXK189 View Post
    I hear you. I get more waves from Camaro drivers than other 'bird drivers. Hell, I once pulled up to the exact same style T/A as mine and I gave the guy a thumbs up, he just stared back at me like "Do I know you?"
    see, people like that should be shot.

  10. #50
    Impounded
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Beaver Dam KY
    Posts
    7,746

    79 T/A -91 Firebird
    1998 Trans Am -Oynx Black

    That happened with me and a gto the other night..but .i passed this guys house who was washing a red and white stripped SS 'vert 'maro and he dropped the hose and waved. z28 drivers always wave or rev back in town. there is two ws6s around my place and ever since i smoked their a$$ at the light they wont be fun anymore... makes me sad

  11. #51
    Sold: LS1 '85 El Camino ls1camino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Laurel, Maryland
    Posts
    4,977

    2000 Grand Prix GTP
    2000 Trans Am WS6 M6

    I once had camaro guy admit taht he didn't know taht my T/A was the sister car to his Z28. He was like, "You car looks to exotic to be the same car as mine."

    *face palm*

  12. #52
    Impwnded Smkn_TA's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Davenport, Iowa
    Age
    29
    Posts
    1,977

    Bright Red
    1999 Trans Am Ws6

    I hate people in subaru's and front wheel drives that keep drag racing me in the snow. Some jackass in an old junker started revving his enging lurking foward a little, I was going to be lucky to move at all with the snow I was in, so I rolled down the window and flipped him off. As soon as this snow melts...going to be a lot of paybacks delt.

  13. #53
    Awaiting Activation
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Philly+Glenmoore, Pa
    Age
    28
    Posts
    4,704

    Pewter Metallic
    2002 Trans Am WS6 M6 D1SC

    Quote Originally Posted by KyleLs1 View Post
    spoken like a true man with a girlfriend haha i know all about that!
    god forbid she mess up her hair, and the loud exhaust might give her a headache right?
    Damn im in the same boat. Last night my girl was like can we take your dads car, your car is just too loud sometimes.

  14. #54
    Visualize°Design°Create SSwt00SS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    9,287

    '12 Silver SS 1SS
    '00 Black SS #8617

    Quote Originally Posted by third_shift|studios View Post
    Respect is so greatly appreciated by "the stop-and-stare." I got to drive the Phoenix yesterday, it was nice, sunny, 50's and all road salt had been washed away the weekend before. I've been storing it in our new home's garage while we're renovating it and I live about 13 miles from the house in an apt. So yesterday before continuing paint work, I decided to open her up It was 3:30 PM. Kids were all over the street coming home from school or playing in driveways. So I cruised out and kept it in 1st all the way up the street, maintaining a steady 3000 RPMs of pure Corsa.

    EVERY kid stopped, dropped their jaw and just stared, to the point that a Basket ball fell and dribbled to the side. Greatest feeling ever-hope that moment has them effected forever.
    it did because they wanted to know why a car as sweet looking as yours was tainted by the horrible Corsa sound of ...

    infact, they are in therapy as i type this, shaking on the couch, sucking their thumb and murmurring, "Why?"...

  15. #55
    Moderator Firebirdjones's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    12,552
    Quote Originally Posted by Smkn_TA View Post
    I hate people in subaru's and front wheel drives that keep drag racing me in the snow. Some jackass in an old junker started revving his enging lurking foward a little, I was going to be lucky to move at all with the snow I was in, so I rolled down the window and flipped him off. As soon as this snow melts...going to be a lot of paybacks delt.
    LOL,,,I do that all the time when I'm in our Jeep. It's a ball in the snow when the light turns green. You don't see the humor in that?

  16. #56
    Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Age
    36
    Posts
    21,719

    My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

    Quote Originally Posted by SSwt00SS View Post
    it did because they wanted to know why a car as sweet looking as yours was tainted by the horrible Corsa sound of ...

    infact, they are in therapy as i type this, shaking on the couch, sucking their thumb and murmurring, "Why?"...
    Corsa= teh sects

  17. #57
    Junior Member MSTZ TA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Lancaster, Pennsylvania
    Age
    48
    Posts
    82

    Black/purple
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am WS6

    Quote Originally Posted by third_shift|studios View Post

    EVERY kid stopped, dropped their jaw and just stared, to the point that a Basket ball fell and dribbled to the side. Greatest feeling ever-hope that moment has them effected forever.
    Kids are the best when they see these cars... especially the WS6s. I actually read a kids lips one time as he was in the car in front of me... "the Batmobile" HAHA! I just chuckled and waved.

    I also get the old men who ask me if I can "handle that car"... WTF?!?!

    I took my neighbor (another chick) for a tattoo a while ago and she was like "I bet you get a lot of looks in this car" - yeah, it definitely fun!!! Oh and by the way... I need to have the tops out, stereo cranked and the Borla as loud as f*ck!!! Sometimes my husband is the one who complains... wuss!

    Is it Springtime yet!??!

  18. #58
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    55

    Black
    2000 Trans Am

    I live in suburbia. Trans Ams are scarce around here. The wife and I like to cruise around town on warm evenings with the T-tops off. Almost every time we're out, a kid yells "Nice Car!". I usually throw a rev or two. One time it happened in a parking garage when a kid with his family yelled. Not thinking, I gave my usual rev and thunder echoed through the garage. The looks on their faces was priceless. My wife couldn't stop laughing till we got out of the car.

  19. #59
    Rice Killa JwMonE99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Myrtle Beach
    Age
    27
    Posts
    5,561

    Black With T-Tops
    96 Z28 M6

    Quote Originally Posted by JoshieDoom View Post
    one in sparta( ky speedway: Open)
    THIS IS SPARRRRTAAAA!!!!!!!


    Sorry I had to

  20. #60
    Impounded
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Beaver Dam KY
    Posts
    7,746

    79 T/A -91 Firebird
    1998 Trans Am -Oynx Black

    haha. i had this old woman(with a lot of surgery so she looked like she was in her 20s) and she asked what type of car I was driving.. and how that she was going to go look at them when she got her truck paid off.. i told her that they stopped making them in 2002.. hahah. it upset her.. she thought it was new

    btw everyone round hur' cranks up East bound and down and loves smokey and the bandit.. trans am's are king round hur'

    gotta love rural KY!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Every Sat. Night--Come Watch & Stare at HOT Girls
    By New Image Autosports in forum Texas Members
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 08-23-2009, 06:39 PM
  2. Someone stop me
    By JonB in forum Almost Anything Goes
    Replies: 48
    Last Post: 03-16-2009, 11:59 AM
  3. stare magazine NWS
    By 94z28l in forum Almost Anything Goes
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 01-20-2009, 10:31 AM
  4. We Cant Stop Here!!!
    By JoshieDoom in forum Almost Anything Goes
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 01-13-2008, 06:47 PM
  5. can anyone stop #85?
    By Zboner in forum Almost Anything Goes
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 12-03-2006, 03:35 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •