Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

Cool The stop-and-stare.

Respect is so greatly appreciated by "the stop-and-stare." I got to drive the Phoenix yesterday, it was nice, sunny, 50's and all road salt had been washed away the weekend before. I've been storing it in our new home's garage while we're renovating it and I live about 13 miles from the house in an apt. So yesterday before continuing paint work, I decided to open her up It was 3:30 PM. Kids were all over the street coming home from school or playing in driveways. So I cruised out and kept it in 1st all the way up the street, maintaining a steady 3000 RPMs of pure Corsa.

EVERY kid stopped, dropped their jaw and just stared, to the point that a Basket ball fell and dribbled to the side. Greatest feeling ever-hope that moment has them effected forever.

Custom Car Emblems
    from third_shift|studios
    Pittsburgh Car Detailing & Paint Protection from ts|s detailing
    jaison tortorea

92 LS1 Lumina A4
    00 Formula WS9

Cool Story, maybe one of them will be hooked like you were when you first saw one.

Monterey Maroon Metalic
    2000 Z28

I remember the first time I actually saw a worked over F-body. It was a black WS.6 on a road everybody was cruising on. My sister and I were driving back from our bowling league and we were at a light and the windows were down since it was nice out. Then we watched this black WS.6 line up with a Mustang and we were both excited about what was about to unfold. They first started the ritualistic revving, and the deep burbles of the V8 was intoxicating! When the light switched green the intersection lit up and sounded like a war zone with blaring exhaust, screaming tires, etc. Needless to say we were both in awe of the display.

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

Quote Originally Posted by hoss 2000 z-28 View Post
    I remember the first time I actually saw a worked over F-body. It was a black WS.6 on a road everybody was cruising on. My sister and I were driving back from our bowling league and we were at a light and the windows were down since it was nice out. Then we watched this black WS.6 line up with a Mustang and we were both excited about what was about to unfold. They first started the ritualistic revving, and the deep burbles of the V8 was intoxicating! When the light switched green the intersection lit up and sounded like a war zone with blaring exhaust, screaming tires, etc. Needless to say we were both in awe of the display.
    Awesome! I've never seen a street race happen in front of me....i've always seen them on youtube, but not a real one...i'd love to see that happen

Impounded

VW BEETLE W/ FLOWER
    88 CRX

Quote Originally Posted by hoss 2000 z-28 View Post
    that's what got me into cars. up untill two years ago i did not care or really even like cars. that was until i saw at a stop light in my awesome '97 hyundai sonata. (R.I.P.)
    a 4th gen camaro and a '00ish mustang to the right of me. they revv'd, and i was wondering why they were doing that. thought it was stupid at the time...then the light turned green and they took off like rockets underneath that highway bridge ran the light that had not yet turned green. and i was amazed, ever since that moment i knew i wanted to work with cars

Sarge for AAG Emperor hutch1999's Avatar

06 HD Softail
    1998 Trans Am m6

Hey TSS I wonder how many young minds you converted to modern muscle cars over jap BS

Impounded

VW BEETLE W/ FLOWER
    88 CRX

Quote Originally Posted by hutch1999 View Post
    Hey TSS I wonder how many young minds you converted to modern muscle cars over jap BS
    hey hey, no need for the j a p word..i'm japanese=(..yeah i know it's weird asian driving muscle) i'm shuned on cruise nights

Sarge for AAG Emperor hutch1999's Avatar

06 HD Softail
    1998 Trans Am m6

Quote Originally Posted by TmaxicanA View Post
    hey hey, no need for the j a p word..i'm japanese=(..yeah i know it's weird asian driving muscle) i'm shuned on cruise nights
    lol thats awesome. I love Japanese vehicles but only certain ones. I own a japanese vehicle. Its not a riced out civic tho lol. Its a 2004 CBR600rr. I am also employed at a local Honda Yamaha and Kawasaki shop. I have a lot of respect for tuner cars when they are done correctly.

Impounded

VW BEETLE W/ FLOWER
    88 CRX

Quote Originally Posted by hutch1999 View Post
    lol thats awesome. I love Japanese vehicles but only certain ones. I own a japanese vehicle. Its not a riced out civic tho lol. Its a 2004 CBR600rr. I am also employed at a local Honda Yamaha and Kawasaki shop. I have a lot of respect for tuner cars when they are done correctly.
    same here i have respect for the tuners..problem is there is next to none in oklahoma=\ i rather dislike what my people have done to some cars

Impounded

79 T/A -91 Firebird
    1998 Trans Am -Oynx Black

TSS come to owensboro one night this summer!

Black
    2000 WS6 6spd Hooker LT

I do that in front of kids sometimes also. Trying to give them some music to hear instead of 4 cylinder fartin'! Good job! After driving our Jeep a few weeks, then we get a break in the weather during the winter, the WS6 always feels so strong again. Great feeling.

Quote Originally Posted by JoshieDoom View Post
    I get down past that way all the time for the Summer Nights Cruise they have once a month in Summerset,,,it's a good time.

All I thought was in Owenboro was Kentucky Speedway,,,which is fun of course,,,but a cruise scene???
    Last time I was down there leaving Kentucky Speedway a state trooper had to stop and ask me what the hell I was driving??? My dad fell over laughing

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Firebirdjones View Post
    I get down past that way all the time for the Summer Nights Cruise they have once a month in Summerset,,,it's a good time.

All I thought was in Owenboro was Kentucky Speedway,,,which is fun of course,,,but a cruise scene???
    Last time I was down there leaving Kentucky Speedway a state trooper had to stop and ask me what the hell I was driving??? My dad fell over laughing
    Quote Originally Posted by JoshieDoom View Post
    shoot me a PM when you guys wanna hang-i'm always up for that

Black
    2000 T/A

Quote Originally Posted by third_shift|studios View Post
    Respect is so greatly appreciated by "the stop-and-stare." I got to drive the Phoenix yesterday, it was nice, sunny, 50's and all road salt had been washed away the weekend before. I've been storing it in our new home's garage while we're renovating it and I live about 13 miles from the house in an apt. So yesterday before continuing paint work, I decided to open her up It was 3:30 PM. Kids were all over the street coming home from school or playing in driveways. So I cruised out and kept it in 1st all the way up the street, maintaining a steady 3000 RPMs of pure Corsa.

EVERY kid stopped, dropped their jaw and just stared, to the point that a Basket ball fell and dribbled to the side. Greatest feeling ever-hope that moment has them effected forever.

moments like that are why we're all in the cars we're in now.

Impounded

79 T/A -91 Firebird

Kentucky speedway shut down but there is all sorts of street racing/cruising and lots of car shows each summer.

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

it shut down for good!!?!?!?!

Impounded

79 T/A -91 Firebird

SORRY! its kentucky motor speedway that shut down.. in whitesville... not kentucky speedway in sparta... hahaha. whoops

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

iLost

LOL thats funny. I know they are pissed at Nascar right now but I know they won't shut the doors.

Impounded

79 T/A -91 Firebird

there are two speedways

one in whitesville(ky motor speedway: closed)
    one in sparta( ky speedway: Open)

haha

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information