Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree2Likes

Stolen WS6

This is a discussion on Stolen WS6 within the Firebird / WS6 forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Well, in all honesty, a hood is something you have to come prepared to steal. Yes, it may be easy ...

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

Well, in all honesty, a hood is something you have to come prepared to steal. Yes, it may be easy to remove, but it certainly wouldn't be easy to transport away unless you have a vehicle like a van or larger SUV to put it in.

My guess is this is why the thieves only took what they did. You can throw seats in the back seat in a regular car and the rest of the stolen items (door panels, headliners, etc) in the trunk.

Pewter Metallic
    2000 Pontiac Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by 35th-ANV-SS View Post
    Well, in all honesty, a hood is something you have to come prepared to steal. Yes, it may be easy to remove, but it certainly wouldn't be easy to transport away unless you have a vehicle like a van or larger SUV to put it in.

My guess is this is why the thieves only took what they did. You can throw seats in the back seat in a regular car and the rest of the stolen items (door panels, headliners, etc) in the trunk.
    Youre right,i forgot to mention the door panels,but they had the car in their possession,they didnt come to his house to steal parts they drove off with the car,the car was later found by cops parked on a back road original plate still on it i guess cops saw it ran the plate and or vin & saw it was reported stolen,but he didnt have full coverage so he had to replace everything that was taken,it could have been worst though

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

Well then in that case, yes, they were stupid
    It's on jackstands.

2000 Camaro SS
    '02 Z28 parting-out

I had a car get broke in to about 20 years ago. They took my speaker box with two 15" subs in it. This box was huge, heavy, and wedged in the car (it was built for a different car). The box with the subs probably weighed close to 100 lbs. The speakers were cheap ass speakers. I probably had about $100 in the subs and box. But they left the $300 amp that was laying right beside it that you could carry in one hand and wasn't even screwed down.

Bright Red
    1998 Firebird Formula LS1

Not the brightest light bulbs in the package, are they? I had the same thing happen with my camaro.....broke the window to take a $20 radar detector, and left the $1000 sound system. Idiots.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information