Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 49

stock rwhp numbers?

This is a discussion on stock rwhp numbers? within the Firebird / WS6 forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Originally Posted by allbaugh_04 Yep, if you have an LS1 280rwhp should be the minimum. I've never really seen many ...

  1. #21
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Milwaukee
    Posts
    3,260

    Arctic White, red/gray
    1997 Corvette, 92 Typhoon

    Quote Originally Posted by allbaugh_04 View Post
    Yep, if you have an LS1 280rwhp should be the minimum. I've never really seen many people dyno less than 300rwhp with an LS1 let alone 280.

    Have you changed plugs, fuel filter, wires, cleaned the maf lately? How many miles are on it? Something sounds very wrong.
    On a mustang dyno 280rwhp happens all the time to ls1 cars.

  2. #22
    LSX whore allbaugh_04's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Age
    32
    Posts
    5,895

    Pewter
    2000 Z28 Camaro

    Yea on a mustang dyno...but 200...something is wrong. Either way, I've never seen a stock ls1 on a dyno...no point imo

  3. #23
    ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    9,965

    White
    2008 Hummer H3

    Whens the last time you had the trany serviced? Flushed, reprogramed, anything? Fluid level, burnt fluid? Power loss should only be 20% through the drive train. I'm just guessin' but sounds like it's possibly serious neglect from someone, somewhere, and now the trany is just givin' up or near to it.

  4. #24
    Member 1998 T/A's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Huron Ohio
    Posts
    759

    Black
    2000 WS6 Trans AM

    you sure its not a 3.8?? lol

  5. #25
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Winnebago Il.
    Posts
    79

    black
    2000 Trans Am

    my car just rolled over 100,000 the other day so its not perfect by any means..i ran it on the dyno to see if i could find anything wrong with it because it ran so slow at the strip last year. i just changed spark plugs/wires fuel filter and air filter a couple weeks ago. the fluid isnt terrible in the tranny but i plan to change it very soon or rebuilding it because it shifts very goofy. how much would the 02 sensors be throwing me off? the fuel sensors on the dyno seemed ok but when i ran it i puffed out some black smoke.
    Last edited by Al Hazz; 04-15-2009 at 11:21 AM.

  6. #26
    Ready to Run jlindelow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Justin, TX
    Posts
    136

    Silver
    2002 LS1

    Quote Originally Posted by allbaugh_04 View Post
    Yea on a mustang dyno...but 200...something is wrong. Either way, I've never seen a stock ls1 on a dyno...no point imo
    Listen to this guy!! He knows what he's talking about. Whats your occupation in the USAF man? Im goin in myself

  7. #27
    Knight of Chaos xzaero0's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Nebraska
    Age
    37
    Posts
    468

    Black
    2000 Trans Am

    With Edelbrock shorties and dauls 2.25 exhaust, with a predator tune and K&N mine put down 281 on a mustang dyno.

    Since then its been reworked.

  8. #28
    LSX whore allbaugh_04's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Age
    32
    Posts
    5,895

    Pewter
    2000 Z28 Camaro

    Quote Originally Posted by jlindelow View Post
    Listen to this guy!! He knows what he's talking about. Whats your occupation in the USAF man? Im goin in myself

    Avionics on heavys/bombers

    yours?

  9. #29
    Sarge for AAG Emperor hutch1999's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    IL
    Posts
    3,779

    06 HD Softail
    1998 Trans Am m6

    op sounds like something is bad wrong with your car or with the dyno, maybe even a combination of the two

  10. #30
    Member 1998 T/A's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Huron Ohio
    Posts
    759

    Black
    2000 WS6 Trans AM

    Quote Originally Posted by Al Hazz View Post
    my car just rolled over 100,000 the other day so its not perfect by any means..i ran it on the dyno to see if i could find anything wrong with it because it ran so slow at the strip last year. i just changed spark plugs/wires fuel filter and air filter a couple weeks ago. the fluid isnt terrible in the tranny but i plan to change it very soon or rebuilding it because it shifts very goofy. how much would the 02 sensors be throwing me off? the fuel sensors on the dyno seemed ok but when i ran it i puffed out some black smoke.
    From what i learned about the 02's is that if they go bad the ecu reprograms and uses the data taken from the last time it worked correctly??? someone correct me if im wrong cause when i heard this it sounded sketchy i'm going through the same problems you are i ran shitty times and my SES light reads 02 sensors so im gonna flush all fluids, wires, plugs etc and while im under there look at my 02's i have 105xxx on the odometer

  11. #31
    Member Numba1TA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Missouri, STL
    Age
    30
    Posts
    142

    Pewter
    1999 Trans Am WS6 A4

    With my mods(listed in my sig) Im only pushing 303 rwhp and 312trq how are you guys doing that stock? Even though the guy who tuned my car had to do it in 2nd gear because my stock gears(3.23's) wouldnt hold up. He said he might get a few more hp out of it when I go back with the new gears. But I was able to run a 13.7 in the 1/4 mile bone stock with 270 rwhp

    1999 A4 WS6 Pewter, Hooker Long Tube Headers ,GMMG Catback Exhaust, QTP Off-road catted y-pipe, K&N FIPK Intake, GM 3.73's, Spohn Torque Arm,BMR LCA's Dyno Tune by PBJ.

  12. #32
    Member blk99ws6ta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Palestine,Il
    Posts
    164

    Black
    1999 WS6 Ram Air Trans-Am

    I did 300rwhp 300trq @120,000 mile. I just have lid and p/p throttle body.

  13. #33
    Ready to Run jlindelow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Justin, TX
    Posts
    136

    Silver
    2002 LS1

    Quote Originally Posted by allbaugh_04 View Post
    Avionics on heavys/bombers

    yours?
    air traffic control. goin for the money mainly..

  14. #34
    Junior Member disc0monkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    35

    blue
    2000 Trans Am WS6 6M

    I know I'm a 6spd but im going to a dyno day saturday and im bone stock so ill let you know. I ran the car down track two times last week for the first time with this car. without heating my tires, a very very soft launch, and no power shifting I ran 13.50 @ 106MPH. Im sure if money was on the line and I prepped the car I could dip into the 12s on normal tires



    you DEF have a problem somewhere. clean the maf sensor if no difference then change the 02 sensors.
    Last edited by disc0monkey; 04-16-2009 at 08:01 AM.

  15. #35
    Junior Member disc0monkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    35

    blue
    2000 Trans Am WS6 6M

    Quote Originally Posted by Numba1TA View Post
    With my mods(listed in my sig) Im only pushing 303 rwhp and 312trq how are you guys doing that stock? Even though the guy who tuned my car had to do it in 2nd gear because my stock gears(3.23's) wouldnt hold up. He said he might get a few more hp out of it when I go back with the new gears. But I was able to run a 13.7 in the 1/4 mile bone stock with 270 rwhp
    what do you mean won't hold up? there are ppl with over 400rwhp that have their gears "hold up."

  16. #36
    LSX whore allbaugh_04's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Age
    32
    Posts
    5,895

    Pewter
    2000 Z28 Camaro

    Quote Originally Posted by jlindelow View Post
    air traffic control. goin for the money mainly..

    ATC...nice, drop me a line sometime. Have you even gone to BMT yet?

  17. #37
    King 0f n00bz shady milkman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Shepherd, Michigan
    Age
    29
    Posts
    11,775

    blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

    listen if your o2s are bad i believe your pcm will push your car into limp mode..limper then preston..so get the 02s replaced..and have fun 280-310 is what you should see...we make 350 at the crank roughly

  18. #38
    Member Numba1TA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Missouri, STL
    Age
    30
    Posts
    142

    Pewter
    1999 Trans Am WS6 A4

    Quote Originally Posted by disc0monkey View Post
    what do you mean won't hold up? there are ppl with over 400rwhp that have their gears "hold up."
    Well the guy I had Tune my car said when he had it goin 140mph on the dyno that the gears turned over and broke a tooth off or something so I just had them replaced with 3.73's. Dont have a clue how the gears would do that with the very little mods I have.

  19. #39
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Milwaukee
    Posts
    3,260

    Arctic White, red/gray
    1997 Corvette, 92 Typhoon

    Quote Originally Posted by Numba1TA View Post
    Well the guy I had Tune my car said when he had it goin 140mph on the dyno that the gears turned over and broke a tooth off or something so I just had them replaced with 3.73's. Dont have a clue how the gears would do that with the very little mods I have.
    You can shred gears under stock power, it just doesnt happen everyday.

  20. #40
    Ready to Run jlindelow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Justin, TX
    Posts
    136

    Silver
    2002 LS1

    Quote Originally Posted by allbaugh_04 View Post
    ATC...nice, drop me a line sometime. Have you even gone to BMT yet?
    not yet, about to graduate high school then gotta wait to get my braces off:/
    so yeah but have you?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. max rwhp in stock ls1 drivetrain?
    By AntsSilverC5 in forum Drivetrain
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 05-26-2008, 11:57 PM
  2. I hit 502 RWHP stock c.i. N/A LS1
    By twoss'sinny in forum Camaro / SS
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 05-15-2008, 08:05 PM
  3. Question: max rwhp for stock ls1??
    By jrod6206 in forum General Help
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 03-30-2008, 08:22 AM
  4. Stock 6 speed vs 550 RWHP
    By ss_caramo in forum Forced Induction
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 03-06-2008, 07:58 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •