Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Steal of the century

This is a discussion on Steal of the century within the Firebird / WS6 forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Originally Posted by ExStanger I have to admit that I have always been a mustang guy. I presently have two, ...

2000 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by ExStanger View Post
    I have to admit that I have always been a mustang guy. I presently have two, a 96 Cobra with bolt ons and a 95 GT with a 410 stroker and a C4. That all changed when I found a 98 Firebird for sale a couple of days ago with 60k miles and absolutely perfect interior and black paint. To name a few of the modifications it has a full BMR suspension, Baer Eradispeed rotors on all four corners, built Moser 12 bolt rear with 4.10 gears, built 4L60E with Yank converter, 383ci LS1 with a Lunati knife edged steel crank, Manley rods, and J.E. pistons. To top it all off it has a polished T Trim Vortech with aftercooler. It makes 693 RWHP. It also has a ram air hood and polished torque thrust II's 17x10 rear with drag radials and 17x9's up front. You can sneak up on anybody in this car. It is on a truck being delivered to me now.
    I have never driven an LS1 but I have raced many, now I guess I have gone to the dark side. I think I stole it for $13,500. Let me know what you guys think.
    let us know how the walk over goes with your mechanic. and yeh man that is one hell of a steal! congrats!

Black
    2014 Camaro 1LS

welcome

Onyx Black
    2001 SS

Funny thing is that I actually drove the damn car it was at the ed bozarth chevy at park meadows, I was going to trade my car in and put a hold tag on it so I could go get my SS and those bastards sold it to this guy 20 min later that was about a year ago and it was fast worth the money hope you enjoy

black
    2000 ws.6 m6

nice car,hell of a deal,now sell those fords,lol welcome to the force ottis

BlacK
    2001 WS6

Luke...welcome...welcome to...the dark side...MUHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAA!!!

I am your father's sister's uncle's cousin's brother's roommate, now that you have the force, you must learn how to wield it.

Lesson's begin Friday, sans inclement weather.

Thanks guys. I talked with the trucking company and they were delayed so it will be here next week. I actually bought the car off of Racingjunk.com.

Red
    2001 Camaro SS 'Vert

I know that car. I met him a few years back and he's recently upgraded to a pretty yellow C6 with a magnacharger. If I already didn't have an F/I project car, I would have jumped all over that deal.

If anything, before you drop the hammer, I would consider a different pulley for the S/C and having the tune checked out. Since the car came from the Denver area, by moving it to sea level, you'll see an extra 3-4 lbs of boost. The tune will probably need to be modified slightly at our air up here is a lot less dense.
    2001 SS Convertible #0498
    MMS 375, Wolfe Race Craft 6 point cage, Borla Exhaust, GMR Single Turbo T76GTQ

551 RWHP / 601 RWTQ (10psi)

http://www.garysdecks.com/maverickwh/Misc/MaverickWH.gif

Member of ColoradoF-Body.com

Thanks for the tip. I did not think about the difference in sea level. That will make a big difference in the tune.

Well I finally got the car today. It is all he said it was. I took it for a short spin with my brother and it pulls HARD. I rolled into it from a stop and only went part throttle. When it hit 60 the drag radials broke loose and I had to get out of it. I never got to half throttle. I am ready to get the tune checked and hit the street!

BlacK
    2001 WS6

It begins...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information