SS Camaro or WS6 Trans Am

This is a discussion on SS Camaro or WS6 Trans Am within the Firebird / WS6 forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Hi to all, I'm new to this site but not to hot cars.I would like to get everyones opinions on ...

SS Camaro or WS6 Trans Am

Hi to all,
    I'm new to this site but not to hot cars.I would like to get everyones opinions on a choice I need to make.I'm selling my 67 Pro Street nova that I had since 1992 and have done all the work myself.When I sell the car I want to get either a 02 SS Camaro or WS6 Trans Am.I have allways been a Die hard Chevy fan all my life.But I think the TA has a better body style.Is there one better than the other as far as resale valve,performance etc.I like the SLP options on the Camaro SS.I like all the documentation of the SLP opions on the door jam and on the window when new,the floor mates and rear deck mat and probably other things I don't know of other than the performance options.I'm not crazy about the red dash lights in the TA.Is this a red bulb or is it built into the dash.Is there anything you guys can tell me to help make my decision.
    Thanks,Todd

Navy Blue Metallic
    '99 T/A WS6 M6

everyone likes the looks of different cars---we chose a Navy Blue WS6...have never regretted it.
    99 WS6 M6 NBM !Cags,!Cats,Vinci/Crane,Hurst,Detroit TruTrac,3:73,31 Splne,Edel.Race LT's,ORY,QTEC,Flow,ARP,Percy,MSD,SLP,AC/DELCO,Bosch,GMPP,Cntrfrce DF,Htchkiss,Susp.Tech,Lakewood,285's,Bilstein,Pro-kit,SLP,RK Sprt,A/Meter,Red Optima,Magnaflow S/S Tips,Hd Pins,Tint,Fire.Ex,[*4 Hot Rod Power Tours*]

Red
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am

if you like the SLP stuff, look for a firehawk, better overall in resale and performance than an SS or WS6. Plus you get all the SLP docs and goodies like embroidered deck mat and floor mats as well as the headrests. As far as the lights, it's easy to change. It's just a bulb that can be changed out to blue led's. Check the appearance section, Keliente posted about changing the interior lights. It's in the top of the appearance forum under important notices

1 of 396 T/A Conv 2001 Wayah-bird's Avatar

Taupe/Red
    2001 Trans Am Conv

Die hard Chevy fan. There's your answer. Pick the SS. The cars are basically the same and will sell real well when the time comes if you keep it nice.

thanks to all,I'm glad it is just a bulb change.

Grey
    2010 Camaro 2SS/RS CGM

first i have to say is that i would pick a ws6 hands down over a camaro, you see them all the time and there arent that many people that can tell the dif between a v6 camaro and an SS. Nothing looks better than the ws6 IMO, with that said the red interior is due to a red film behind the cluster and controls, it is not just a simple bulb change, there are several write ups on it but basically you can do one of 2 things, you eithor try and sand off the red film or you buy a camaro cluster and stick that in, you then replace the bulbs with blue LEDs or whatever color you want.

Navy Blue Metallic
    '99 T/A WS6 M6

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by ls1bandit View Post
    first i have to say is that i would pick a ws6 hands down over a camaro, you see them all the time and there arent that many people that can tell the dif between a v6 camaro and an SS. Nothing looks better than the ws6 IMO, with that said the red interior is due to a red film behind the cluster and controls, it is not just a simple bulb change, there are several write ups on it but basically you can do one of 2 things, you eithor try and sand off the red film or you buy a camaro cluster and stick that in, you then replace the bulbs with blue LEDs or whatever color you want.
    most people will still think ' what the hell is that?' lots of people still can't believe it is not EUROPEON..[I like foreign cars the best] [they are more 'sporty'] a maro won't have nearly the same effect....[just for looks though]

SILVER GT + RED WS6
    1990 5.0 GT + 2000 WS6

how often do you see WS6s! I see camaro SS's all day long. But i guess it depends on where you live right? anyway, i just think the lines on the WS6 are sweet, plus you gotta love the hood and the flip-up vette lights!

Thread Information