Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

srt4 vs trans am

This is a discussion on srt4 vs trans am within the Firebird / WS6 forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Originally Posted by 98ls1blackbird I time trialed against an srt4 this past summer. I had him by 4-6 lenghts off ...

black, 05 Roush
    black, 99 T/A WS.6

Quote Originally Posted by 98ls1blackbird View Post
    I time trialed against an srt4 this past summer. I had him by 4-6 lenghts off the line, but at mid track he drove by me like I came out of gear. I ended up running 13.50's @ 101 and he ran 12.20's @ 122. My car is a 98 TA A4 2.73 gears with a lid DR's and a vigilante 3200 stall converter. He told me later that the car had been on a serious diet and the motor had just been built up, but he still had the small injectors in it so he limited the boost to 12 psi. He figured it would go deep into the 11's when he gets the bigger injectors and turns up the boost. Our LS1's are fast yes, but dont ever think that all skittles are slow
    I have read of them having similar results. Ls1 cars with a Turbo are wicked sick!!!!

Silver
    2002 Firebird Formula

hey wheeler wat car is better the roush or the ws6

silver
    1999 trans am

ok just got back from races the kid in the srt didnt want to race he had to take his way underaged g/f home.but he showed me a time slip say 13.4 but what ever he still didnt race but i did race a vette and an svt mystang (90s model) the vette spank me but i left the svt by a good ways. i dont know maybe next week ill race him.

SRT
    I see some one posted about the srt motor blowing up with 19psi. 19 psi is very easy with an srt. Stage2 or a map-clamp and you can spike 19 psi all day, its nothing...stock you can boost 15 psi. Shit the stock block and internals are good for about 500 hp. The real problem is people are now starting to boost 20+psi with there srt yet do not have a map-clamp or a stage2 pcm and fuel upgrades and its pulling there timing and they are really lossing hp and dont even relize whats going on. O well what can you do. And as far as racing from a stop or a roll...yeah always take the roll race vs. an srt-4

To bad he punked out
    Last edited by SRT; 01-06-2007 at 11:11 PM.

Silver
    2002 Firebird Formula

roll wth is a roll race never heard im guessing its when you run at a certain speed am i correct and i still think srts are a sissy viper

SRT
    Quote Originally Posted by silverbullit1972 View Post
    roll wth is a roll race never heard im guessing its when you run at a certain speed am i correct and i still think srts are a sissy viper
    lol a sissy viper...nice

Silver
    2002 Firebird Formula

what the hell is a roll srt can you explain please

SRT
    what the hell is a roll srt can you explain please
    Well a lot of the time you cant just stop in the middle of the road/freeway and start a race. Or if you have a high hp/tq car it can be easier to race from a rolling start, say both cars 35mph three honks and the race begins. This is how a lot of races happen on the street, but the best way is to go to a track.

Silver
    2002 Firebird Formula

thanks bro i thought thats wat it was so have you killed any f body yet how fast is your car?

SRT
    thanks bro i thought thats wat it was so have you killed any f body yet how fast is your car?
    I havent raced any newer ls1's, I havent seen any real nice ones for awhile. Last summer there was a real nice 2002 yellow/black limited edition ws6 that ran around town but it was owned by an older lady. Most of the time its just mustangs and hondas, there all over the place, plus a few STIs, evos, redlines, colbaltss. Althought the other day, a beat up late late model transam with and dude in what looked to be his 50's tryed to race me. I would get in to it for a few seconds and pull a few cars then slow and let him catch back up and then do it agine lol. I would love to line up vs. an ls1. If things work out threw the next few months I plan on buying an ls1 ws6 this summer. Im a fan of the firebird/transam and have been for awhile, my dad always had nice firebirds, and back in school my friend had a lt1 ws6 it was a blast.

Silver
    2002 Z28

they can be made quick fairly cheap, but their quick is pretty much close to our stock... Mine was lightly modded was still faster than theirs with slicks and several mods. With moderate mods I have now, I wouldnt give them much chance. But if you are stock, you will not be beating them by 5 car lengths from a dig, that is just funny.

SRT
    Its an older video, but its not to bad...772fwhp at the end http://media.ams-evo8.com/videos/srt4/Neon772.wmv
    Last edited by SRT; 01-07-2007 at 09:25 PM.

blue
    01 ws6

I pulled pretty hard on one the other day, not quite sure about his mods but the exterior was pretty trick. hard enough for him to let off, but it was the 3rd to 2nd pull hehe... i got behind him later on and from a dig to like 40 he pulled like 1/2 a car, not that impressive with a interstate bastard driver lol... my car is basically stock with a few free mods- lid, ported maf, 8.8 wires, ngk plugs and a revised shade tree bellow and I fixed the air box =). but like they said earlier, all in the driver. hmm... still a neon in the end tho lol. anyhoo I ran 19 psi on my sti and about 2000 miles after that i ended up totaled out in a eldery couples yard =D. so dude could be retarded as me and out to destroy his turbo car. unless you gonna race to like the 120+ range hes gonna rape you with 19 psi. good luck man!

if he can drive it...he's probably gonna beat your ass... Those things are nasty quick....

Armor

RED
    99 Trans Am

lol so you think ur gunna race him this weekend???

black
    1999 pontiac tans am

i raced a srt w/ 20psi i have a pretty much stock 99 t/a and i beat him but on the top end he started to catch up. im gonna race him and his budies in their mustags sat. weather permiting.

black, 05 Roush
    black, 99 T/A WS.6

hey wheeler wat car is better the roush or the ws6
    More performance upgrades in the ws.6, Roush still under warranty so still stock. Thinking of selling it and buying a house, interested? Stock for stock I lost to a 01 WS.6 a buddy owns (driving the roush). It was expensive but not worth the cash as far as 1/4 performance, Ran only 13.6 cant remember MPH
    1999 T/A WS6 Black -------SOLD
    05 mustang Roush sport;
    DOB manifold, m122 SC, 47lb injectors, gt500 TB, roush TVS CAI, Detroit rocker SC grind camshafts, Mac LTs, off road x, roush off road mufflers, roush short throw shifter, kenne bell BAP, Brenspeed 93 octane tune. 479rwhp 436ftlbs SAE.

black, 05 Roush
    black, 99 T/A WS.6

Quote Originally Posted by jmhvenom View Post
    they can be made quick fairly cheap, but their quick is pretty much close to our stock... Mine was lightly modded was still faster than theirs with slicks and several mods. With moderate mods I have now, I wouldnt give them much chance. But if you are stock, you will not be beating them by 5 car lengths from a dig, that is just funny.
    Mine was stock at the time but then again that doesnt mean he couldnt drive his car either. Possibly just a poor launcher cause like I stated previously, he would do better on the roll starts.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information