86 Buick Grand National
    02 WS6-M6 407 RWHP

Squeak, Squeak, Squeak

My car has close to 50k miles on it and i swear each week it develops a new squeak or rattle from the rear suspenion. Just wanted to rant cause its really starting to piss me off. Might be time to replace all the rear supsenion parts, or maybe its just that the bushings need to be replaced.

But on another note i just got back from blockbuster and while leaving my neighborhood a black srt8 with at least an exhaust rev's at me and i catch him at the next light. He's behind a few cars and so am i so i slow down for him and he's going like fourty and i didn't think he wanted any, the street finally opens up to a third lane and i get over so he can get next to me and he gets over like i was hoping. Anyways the strory ends with me putting at least 10 plus cars on him from 40-120. Felt good i haven't raced it since i smoked a C6 like 2 months ago.
    Pacesetter Headers- ORY
    Texas Speed 228R Cam/Moly Pushrods/918 Springs
    MTI LID
    Slp Under Drive Pulley
    Texas Speeds Rumbler Catback
    SFC's, Lakewood LCA's
    Koni SA 4/3, Strano Springs
    Dyno Tune
    LS7 Clutch, Nitto DR's
    407 RWHP 377 Ft./lbs.

metallic pewter
    2001 WS.6 Trans Am

nice kill and I feel your pain on the squeaks mine has 86k and it squeaks like a mother. bout to order a complete poly bushing kit for it too see if that helps.

NBM
    99 TA

Quote Originally Posted by sfletch2000 View Post
    My car has close to 50k miles on it and i swear each week it develops a new squeak or rattle from the rear suspenion. Just wanted to rant cause its really starting to piss me off. Might be time to replace all the rear supsenion parts, or maybe its just that the bushings need to be replaced
    Welcome to the wonderful world of Fbodys!

I used to have a squeak in the rear when i would go over a bump, it went away when i did all my suspension mods so im not sure exactly what it was.. but its gone now lol.

These things always have something squeaking from time to time.. just turn up the music and enjoy!

86 Buick Grand National
    02 WS6-M6 407 RWHP

Do the C5 and C6 vettes have the same problems with all the suspenion noise if not i'm gonna have to go with one of those in a couple of years

Navy Blue Metallic
    '00 Formy A4

Yeah, I feel your pain...I just noticed some kind of noise coming from the rear suspension. (69K miles) I'll have to check it out this weekend.

It's nothing compared to my Jeep though...that thing squeeks and clunks like a bastard. The thing sounds like it's shaking itself to pieces.

Black
    1999 Camaro Z28 A4

mine's got 50K Miles on it... and it squeeks from everywhere... even with new bushings... so it has to be re-lubed... Lube is your friend in more ways then one... so when in doubt lube it up....

Sarge for AAG Emperor hutch1999's Avatar

06 HD Softail
    1998 Trans Am m6

well now that my car has 130,000 on it it has a lot of little noises, like they said before, just turn the music up and go.

Red
    2000 Trans Am

mine squeaks bad when its cold out. ive got 124k.

Blue on white
    1999 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by hutch1999 View Post
    well now that my car has 130,000 on it it has a lot of little noises, like they said before, just turn the music up and go.
    Ditto on the stereo, but I suggest you add a free flow exhaust as you get over 200,000 miles. It seems to help.

'98,'00-B 93,03,11,14-V

Quote Originally Posted by Rikki_SeVeN View Post
    mine's got 50K Miles on it... and it squeeks from everywhere... even with new bushings... so it has to be re-lubed... Lube is your friend in more ways then one... so when in doubt lube it up....

Same here, but that is why they have zerk fitting. They start squeaking I lube them up.. All squeaks gone. I look at my maintenance records and I am the one that is lacking. I should lube every year but, it seems like 2 or 3 go by before I actually do it. Not, a hard job .... you just have to get under there and do it every so often.

Mine seems to be prone to a squeak on the slider for the traclink bar I have. I just have to remember there is a zerk in the end of the bar.

No squeaks for me right now.... ;-)

Sarge for AAG Emperor hutch1999's Avatar

06 HD Softail
    1998 Trans Am m6

Quote Originally Posted by Raleigh TA View Post
    Ditto on the stereo, but I suggest you add a free flow exhaust as you get over 200,000 miles. It seems to help.
    lol the exhaust helps, LTs and no cats into a flowmaster. Im thinking about doing True duals which would really help.

Blue on white
    1999 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by hutch1999 View Post
    lol the exhaust helps, LTs and no cats into a flowmaster. Im thinking about doing True duals which would really help.
    True dat...be sure to get your shop to toss in a pair of digital hearing aids too.

Thread Information