Squeak is driving me crazy.

This is a discussion on Squeak is driving me crazy. within the Firebird / WS6 forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Please help I'm going crazy. I have a metal on metal sounding squeak coming from the drivers side of my ...

Arctic White
    2002 A4,WS6

Squeak is driving me crazy.

Please help I'm going crazy. I have a metal on metal sounding squeak coming from the drivers side of my car right around my shoulder area.
    I know it's not my T-tops and I have lubricated all of the hinges I could find in that area.
    I have just put on sfcs and I think the extra stiffness has caused the sound to become more persistant.

I know these cars squeak a creak like crazy but this is killing me.
    any help?

green
    98 formula

are the sfc's weld on or bolt on?

midnight Blue
    '99 Trans Am ws7

rear speaker? by chance, my seats also rattle a bit when i hit a rather large bump. but i dont have sfcs

Arctic White
    2002 A4,WS6

Quote Originally Posted by joejenkinsglass View Post
    are the sfc's weld on or bolt on?
    bolt on. but the squeak has been there for a little while it is just more common now.

Arctic White
    2002 A4,WS6

Quote Originally Posted by BirdFlewLS1 View Post
    rear speaker? by chance, my seats also rattle a bit when i hit a rather large bump. but i dont have sfcs
    I thought about the speaker but didn't look into it any more than just taking the cover off of it.

I doesn't squeak on large bumps, just fast quick bumps.

do your seats give a metal on metal sound?

midnight Blue
    '99 Trans Am ws7

yeah they rattle a bit but im not sure about the actual noise of metal on metal...check your seat belt mechanism that could be it also...try some WD-40 with a little hose on the gears once

Arctic White
    2002 A4,WS6

Quote Originally Posted by BirdFlewLS1 View Post
    yeah they rattle a bit but im not sure about the actual noise of metal on metal...check your seat belt mechanism that could be it also...try some WD-40 with a little hose on the gears once

Thought about the belt so I went on a road that had a bunch of those bumps, pulled the belt to it's tightest and the squeak never changes. Though, I feel I need to check into it a bit more. If it gets bad enough I might take that part off the wall off.

When you say spray the gears, what gears were you talking about?

midnight Blue
    '99 Trans Am ws7

if i remember right on our cars the seat belt is in the rear quater panel plastic...am i right? if so you may have to remove that plastic and inside may be some little gears the run and lock your seat belt incase of an accident and the mechanism just isnt locking, or the seat belt isnt used enough(LOL), or there just warn out. it may be some work...also check to see how tight your seat bolts are and all that i had a 96 trans am they werent even bolted down tight

Arctic White
    2002 A4,WS6

I'll give it a shot. if it keeps it up. Thanks for the ideas.

black trans am

hears a good idea u know the peace that is in the center of the t tops .. make sure thats not lose at all.. mine was lose on my v6 and made a squeak.. it could also be coming from ur rubber on the bottem of ur windo.. if its lose i could make a noise as well metal on fiberglass.. it would make a squeak .. wow no that im thinking of it thres a lot of things that might make sueaks on f bodys.. glad they fast fun cheepish have t tops and look good. or else ther junk ... kinda like my v6...hahah only one on that list it had was t tops and/or watter fall in the rain

Silver
    2000 Trans Am WS6

Check the seat track and seat hinge on the side, lube the track up and spary some kind of lube on the side hinge....Shake ur seat and see if it makes the noise and try to find wear it's comin from....I had the same problem this summer with my pass seat....I found it but the shit drove me crazy, but I'm picky as hell with my car and I'll sit there for hrs until I find the problem...Good luck man
    2000 Silver Ws6 - Holly Powershot, MTI clear lid, MBA descreened 85mm maf ends, SLP bellow, SLP 160 T-stat, EGR delete, TB bypass, Elite Engineering PCV oil catch can, Sealed Ram Air, Diablo Predator, UMI SFC's, UMI Torque Arm, Borla adj cat-back

Silver
    98 A4 TA

I had the same thing going on... turns out one of my rear speaker screws was loose and the anchor nut was moving when I hit small bumps. and by the way, I've talked to a few guys who had the bolt-on sfc's and they told me that the bolts tend to shear off after 2 or 3 months. They both welded them to the frame at the bolt points and haven't had a problem since.

Thread Information