Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Spoliers

This is a discussion on Spoliers within the Firebird / WS6 forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; still lookin for a pic of the "ole lumpy" check out this spoiler . . . never seen this one ...

00 TA PWTR, 98 VertTA NBM
    80 TA BLK, 80 Formula NBM

still lookin for a pic of the "ole lumpy"
    check out this spoiler . . . never seen this one http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/attach...chmentid=27831
    definately not factory

this one shows both i believe . . http://messageboard.firehawk.org/vie...4e72a0066a8978

White
    2002 T/A WS6

i'm 99.99999999999999999~ sure that is exactly what i said it was, the mecham(sp) wing (or variation of it) which is aftermarket...

here is a link that shows the option codes for firehawks.. i do not see any other wing option other than the up level that the standard trans am gets:

http://www.firehawkowners.com/car/1385.html

EDIT: i just went to SLP's webpage and they do have "iroc" style hood listed under firehawk replacement parts... they don't have a pic of it nor have i ever heard of it before.. is this really a stock part or just something they made up for aftermarket???? it has to be rare rare rare
    Last edited by jkicak; 02-15-2008 at 11:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jkicak View Post
    i'm 99.99999999999999999~ sure that is exactly what i said it was, the mecham(sp) wing (or variation of it) which is aftermarket...

here is a link that shows the option codes for firehawks.. i do not see any other wing option other than the up level that the standard trans am gets:

http://www.firehawkowners.com/car/1385.html

EDIT: i just went to SLP's webpage and they do have "iroc" style hood listed under firehawk replacement parts... they don't have a pic of it nor have i ever heard of it before.. is this really a stock part or just something they made up for aftermarket???? it has to be rare rare rare
    what? . . . firehawks could have the standard trans am spoiler, the ugly lumpy one (in 2000 only i believe) or the iroc. i'm not completely positive but im pretty sure this is correct. can anyone confirm this?

the mecham is different and, i agree, believe its aftermarket:
    http://www.mechamperformance.com/m_docs/taformula.html
    http://www.mechamperformance.com/d_docs/s_AEROg4f.html

White
    2002 T/A WS6

ok, i think i found it... looks like there was a "mapleleaf" firehawk T/A from 1999 to 2002 and this is the one that came with the special wing.. i guess ya really do learn something new every day..... sorry guys.

Quote Originally Posted by jkicak View Post
    ok, i think i found it... looks like there was a "mapleleaf" firehawk in 2001 and 2002 and this is the one that came with the special wing.. i guess ya really do learn something new every day..... sorry guys.
    no prob man!

SOM
    2002 FireHawk

I know for sure that the "Iroc" spoiler was an option from SLP on 2002 Firehawks. My wife ordered the "Iroc" spoiler on my 2002 SOM Hawk when she ordered it and bought it for me as a retirement gift. She said that she felt that a Firehawk should have a Firehawk spoiler... Hey I am glad she did. You do not see them very often and I really like the look it gives the sled... Makes the profile look like a dart... 70mph standing still.

I could email a pic of this spoiler to someone to post as I am computer challenged and don't know how to link pics. I know it is easy, so they tell me.

Quote Originally Posted by opie View Post
    I know for sure that the "Iroc" spoiler was an option from SLP on 2002 Firehawks. My wife ordered the "Iroc" spoiler on my 2002 SOM Hawk when she ordered it and bought it for me as a retirement gift. She said that she felt that a Firehawk should have a Firehawk spoiler... Hey I am glad she did. You do not see them very often and I really like the look it gives the sled... Makes the profile look like a dart... 70mph standing still.

I could email a pic of this spoiler to someone to post as I am computer challenged and don't know how to link pics. I know it is easy, so they tell me.
    shes a good woman! that iroc spoiler is bad ass . . . good choice. i'll post the pic if you want it posted. . . i kinda wanna see that SOM hawk.

SOM
    2002 FireHawk

I believe when one refers to a maplehawk they are refering to Hawks built for Canada...

here's your pics posted for you opie:

beautiful hawk opie!!!!

SOM
    2002 FireHawk

Thanks gullett17,

I will be driving through your state (not in the hawk) on Monday. I am going down to TN to visit my dad and brother. I hope to be moved down there in 09. That is the plan anyway.

White
    2002 T/A WS6

Quote Originally Posted by opie View Post
    I believe when one refers to a maplehawk they are refering to Hawks built for Canada...

could be but it seems that all the mapleleaf hawks i have looked at in pics to day have all had that wing... grr... must... keep... looking... must... know.. for...sure.....

Pewter
    2001 Trans Am #693

Quote Originally Posted by GULLETT17 View Post
    here's your pics posted for you opie:
    Click for full size
    Click for full size
    Click for full size
    Click for full size
    Click for full size
    beautiful hawk opie!!!!
    Sweet. +1 (Looks beautiful, BTW.)

black