Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Spiders

This is a discussion on Spiders within the Firebird / WS6 forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; I had a problem with stink bugs and I ended up finding the source of the problem behind my spare ...

Black
    2001 WS6

I had a problem with stink bugs and I ended up finding the source of the problem behind my spare tire....hope that helps...could be worse

You could have this in your driver seat [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpsG7CI3RAA[/ame]

ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar

White
    2008 Hummer H3

These guys are cool imho..

Remind me of a bullet train..lol

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sZkTBGlyamo&feature=related[/ame]

Black
    1998 Trans Am Ws6

Quote Originally Posted by Smittro View Post
    These guys are cool imho..

Remind me of a bullet train..lol

reminds me of dream catcher

Bat mobile black
    2000 Trans am WS6 M6

theyre probably wolf spiders.. theyre good sized and white right? I have them in my car too, they use to be really bad. They arent as bad if you dont park by trees a lot and dont be scared to kill a few, once you do then leave the body there for the others to see it and theyll leave you alone lol it worked for me! not joking either.
    Last edited by Lunatikgixxer; 04-28-2011 at 09:52 PM.

silver/black
    00 trans am,SLP,Ws6

there mostly brownish with tan strip legs

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Quote Originally Posted by Lunatikgixxer View Post
    theyre probably wolf spiders.. theyre good sized and white right? I have them in my car too, they use to be really bad. They arent as bad if you dont park by trees a lot and dont be scared to kill a few, once you do then leave the body there for the others to see it and theyll leave you alone lol it worked for me! not joking either.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2000dreambird View Post
    Having some experiance with Floridian bugs, they are likey 3-4 times the size we get up here in the north..

Up here the biggest one I've seen yet was over the size of a half dollar piece in circumference.. Which is big enough imo..

silver/black
    00 trans am,SLP,Ws6

yeah this was little bigger then a dime

silver
    98 T.A.

Do the bombs. I have used the aerosol and the one that you add water to and they get warm with a chemical reaction and put out a smoke. They both work well but I t5hink that I like the ones that you add water to better. I bought a car from arizona that had been sitting for a long time and it was infested with black widos and brown recluse spiders. I covered the entire car in plastic and put one under the front, one under the back (you should have seen all of them that fell from the gas tank area). Then one inside and one in the trunk. Then I pulled everything from the trunk and the door panels and seats and did it again. I WASN'T PLAYIN AROUND WITH THESE THINGS. No residual smell from the bombs was left, so I say go for it.

NBM
    1999 Pontiac Trans AM

I could use a couple of the gigantic centipedes for my old bat...

silver/black
    00 trans am,SLP,Ws6

Quote Originally Posted by kawboy View Post
    Do the bombs. I have used the aerosol and the one that you add water to and they get warm with a chemical reaction and put out a smoke. They both work well but I t5hink that I like the ones that you add water to better. I bought a car from arizona that had been sitting for a long time and it was infested with black widos and brown recluse spiders. I covered the entire car in plastic and put one under the front, one under the back (you should have seen all of them that fell from the gas tank area). Then one inside and one in the trunk. Then I pulled everything from the trunk and the door panels and seats and did it again. I WASN'T PLAYIN AROUND WITH THESE THINGS. No residual smell from the bombs was left, so I say go for it.
    ok man you sold me on it with that one!!!!!!!! ill go for the add water bombs...

RED, BLACK
    2001 WS6, 1998 TA

If it has a violin shape on it's back it's a brown recluse, there bites are nasty. I had them damn things in my garage really bad so I bought some raid. Killed them dead, plus spraying the perimiter of the garage helped also. Every now and then I get a dead one by where I sprayed the floor.
    2001 WS6 TA Red. Stock, 6 spd, LS7 clutch, Catback, Harris Nitrous Kit, Custom Painted Flames, Wolfe 6 point rollbar.
    1998 TA Black. 408, t350, nitro daves plate w/dedicated fuel cell, mini tubbed, 30" dr's. 9.75 @136mph on a small shot. Fastest LSX in Alaska, Pump gas, never trailered street car.
    2007 TBSS. Silver, Factory Stock

silver/black
    00 trans am,SLP,Ws6

any pics of the brown recluse

white

ok so my car is infested with spiders i keep it clean, i vac it all the time but there is always spiders popping out here and there WTF i even tried to vac under the dash,,,, it dosnt help that i keep it in a garage unless im driving it but even then im always cleaning webs out of the garage ,,,, should i smoke the garage with the car in it? part of me thinks this could ruin the interior of my car !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HELP
    RAID for spiders spay the coners and close it for like an hour
    let it breathe and ur done

Stockitie Stock Stock 95camaroZNC's Avatar

Red
    1999 Trans Am

Turn car on, shut all the doors. Leave it running for half a hour, come back, exhaust gases should have killed everything.

silver
    1996 Trans AM WS6

Quote Originally Posted by Smittro View Post
    Having some experiance with Floridian bugs, they are likey 3-4 times the size we get up here in the north..

Up here the biggest one I've seen yet was over the size of a half dollar piece in circumference.. Which is big enough imo..
    yep, i get some good sized wolf spiders in my garage.... they don't make webs, they just attack their prey! they will also stand up on their back legs in attack mode of you threaten them. they are bad ass!

RED, BLACK
    2001 WS6, 1998 TA

Krese thanks lol. You had to post a pic of a live spider. I'd be ok if it was a pic of a squished dead one.

any pics of the brown recluse
    I hate spiders to. So I'll say just google it. Make sure you look at the bite pics. I don't think anyone really wants to see that posted. lol
    Last edited by Frozen WS6; 05-02-2011 at 06:37 AM.

silver
    1996 Trans AM WS6

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen WS6 View Post
    Krese thanks lol. You had to post a pic of a live spider. I'd be ok if it was a pic of a squished dead one.

raid does not seem to kill these wolf spiders.... i have to buy the ortho insect killer and mix it STRONG in my own sprayer and spray the expansion joints (cracks) around the inside edges of my garage, basement and around the outside of my foundation. they live in the cracks during the day then at night they come out and crawl up the walls to hunt. last year every time i turned on the lights there would be 5-6 of them on the walls in the garage. first thing you notice is black spots on the walls about the size of a half dollar....

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Quote Originally Posted by krese View Post
    yep, i get some good sized wolf spiders in my garage.... they don't make webs, they just attack their prey! they will also stand up on their back legs in attack mode of you threaten them. they are bad ass!

Click for full size
    Yup that be the one.. Get them everywhere out @ the farm.. Not too much in the city and usually a little smaller in town..
    Very agressive and high strung spider..
    If you over stress them they will usually die right before your eyes..

They make funnel lairs (hence the name) on corners (one of the few spiders that don't make a web for catching prey) , cracks, rafters, any place they can construct a lair with @ least 3 anchor points and wait @ the bottom for anything bumb enough to try walking on it's door step lol, and mates.. They will attack anything that treaspasses..

If one is out of it's lair then it's likely after bigger prey like other wolf spiders and larger insects..

Just one mating pair can produce @ least 20-50 mini carbon copies of themselves in one shot..

Out doors the babies will let out a long silk drag line so the wind can carry them to a new place to live and hunt as they grow..

They are very good @ catching flying insects and thye are not affraid of things like hornets, wasps, and so forth.. All are prey items lol.

That's stuff i've read about them over the years and some stuff I have seen myself..
    Last edited by Smittro; 05-02-2011 at 12:57 PM. Reason: OCD acting up

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen WS6 View Post
    If it has a violin shape on it's back it's a brown recluse, there bites are nasty. I had them damn things in my garage really bad so I bought some raid. Killed them dead, plus spraying the perimiter of the garage helped also. Every now and then I get a dead one by where I sprayed the floor.
    i got bit on the toe by one a few years ago and almost lost my toe from it... black widow has nothing on a brown recluse...

Something Diabolical... chuckie669's Avatar
    2000 C5 Torch Red

Man I fkkn hate spiders and thanks for that pic. It has eyes and would be staring at you. I don't know the variations, just know I stepped one one once and it popped like a pimple and a sea of unknown baby spiders were scattered across my dining room. Ugh... bomb those suckers.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information