Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Speeding Tickets ?

This is a discussion on Speeding Tickets ? within the Firebird / WS6 forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Originally Posted by t-rock 0 here. my neighbor is a cop in our town and had one those hemi magnums. ...

maple red metalic
    2000 TRANS AM WS6

Quote Originally Posted by t-rock View Post
    0 here. my neighbor is a cop in our town and had one those hemi magnums. he told me my car was no match and i told him to put up or shut up but no dice. really cool guy even drinks a beer or two from time to time.
    COOL COP....hmmm.. theres something you definately DO NOT SEE HERE IN BRISTOL TOWNSHIP BUCKS COUNTY PA! we have an abundance of rookies and they r ball busters! i ran into 1 somewhat nicer cop here when i got pulled over for speeding, but he obviously wasnt a rookie,..& he gave me a warning

pewter
    1999 Pontiac Trans Am

I've only had one, 59mph in a 35 zone but they droped it to a non moving violation and I got no points from it.

Silver
    2002 WS6 TA

You guys make me laugh.

Red
    98 T/A M6 w/lid and LM1

Quote Originally Posted by Styke View Post
    I've had mine for a little over a year. Ive only been pulled over in it twice. Once for no front tag (VA) and once the other night for 95 in a 55. I guess my luck had to end eventually, because by no means do I drive slow. The cop was cool though and liked my car, so he let it slide with a warning. Told me he coulda sent me to jail though. Anywho, I just installed my SLP Loudmouth and intake (Performance Pack 350hp) so I expect a ticket soon.
    did they ticket you on the front cover? i have the bird on my front too. considering how expensive it is to make a front license plate on every car in the state, its incredibly stupid.

and before i had this i had a bright red mazda mx6 v6. i've been pulled over twice and once in a contour, the other in a grand am. both barely speeding. guess God wanted me to drive fast in a red sport car. i even turned right out of a lot and floored it once straight spinning my tires a bit all the way up to 50 in a 45. i look to my left and theres a hidden cop in uniform right next to me looking right back at me. didn't do anything though.
    Last edited by Speed Psychosis; 06-21-2008 at 05:07 PM.

Red
    02 WS6 Trans Am

I am assuming that this question thread is any T/A we have owned. I have had my 02 WS6 for 5 yrs and the only ticket I had gotten is a window tent violation. In NE. the reading is .4 and mine reads 6. I heard situations that the cop will had you a razor to scrap it off but that wasnít my case I just had to pay an $86.00 fine.
    Now back when I was 17 I got all kinds of tickets with my 73 T/A ranging from excessive noise from my side pipes, careless driving for burnouts, obstructing traffic for cruising but the one I got lucky on is the one I got for speeding. I was going187 in a 55. I saw the state trooper coming my way so I pulled over and waited. He said he had clocked me but didnít even make out what kind of car I had all he saw was a blur. He dropped 100 mph because I stopped and asked why I didnít have my CB on (This was back in the 70ís) I said my antenna was broken. I had 2 speeding ticket in my 84 T/A also

Red
    02 WS6 Trans Am

Oh yea The day I got my speeding ticket I was on my way to Grand Island from Norfork which is 113 apart and I was still able to make it in 1 hour even with the stop.I got my GF to work on time. hehehe

Mexican-American Muscle
    Quote Originally Posted by trixysrace11 View Post
    LOL... YA THINK?
    i suppose i do, or get a radar detector

Desert Boat Guy SouthernBornThriller's Avatar

Black 2002 T/A M6
    Green 1997 Ram 4x4

Honestly, I only have 1 speeding ticket on my record.

And that was in my dad's Monte Carlo on the way to pick up the LS1 I just bought.

Mexican-American Muscle
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthernBornThriller View Post
    Honestly, I only have 1 speeding ticket on my record.

And that was in my dad's Monte Carlo on the way to pick up the LS1 I just bought.
    hahahaha for some reason that made me laugh a lot!

Red
    98 T/A M6 w/lid and LM1

Quote Originally Posted by 02blackbirdws6 View Post
    i suppose i do, or get a radar detector
    they have radar detector detectors now. so if they are illegal that might not be a good idea.

Sold: LS1 '85 El Camino ls1camino's Avatar

2000 Grand Prix GTP
    2000 Trans Am WS6 M6

I've never gotten a speeding ticket in the Trans Am *knocks on wood* ....but I have gotten my fair share of tickets...

2 Speeding Tickets in my '96 Suburban
    3 Speeding Tickets in my '04 MazdaSpeed3

Here are my two cop stories that didn't result in tickets, but are worth mentioning none-the-less:

Not a kill, but a retarded cop story

I'm done speeding...forever...

Enjoy

maple red metalic
    2000 TRANS AM WS6

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Psychosis View Post
    they have radar detector detectors now. so if they are illegal that might not be a good idea.
    OF COURSE,.. IF IT'LL PISS YA OFF,.. THEY'LL DO IT! heres a real winner for ya,.. when i was pulled over and given a ticket for careless driving,.. the cop had no radar, no speed trap, notta! he guesstimated my speed,.. thats why he put down careless driving, and then added to that "weaving traffic",.. well... in court he told the judge that i was doing 75+ and still pulling away from him,.. gimme a freakin brake, #1 wheres your proof of my speed?.. and guess what,.. the judge sided with this idiot!

Mexican-American Muscle
    Quote Originally Posted by trixysrace11 View Post
    OF COURSE,.. IF IT'LL PISS YA OFF,.. THEY'LL DO IT! heres a real winner for ya,.. when i was pulled over and given a ticket for careless driving,.. the cop had no radar, no speed trap, notta! he guesstimated my speed,.. thats why he put down careless driving, and then added to that "weaving traffic",.. well... in court he told the judge that i was doing 75+ and still pulling away from him,.. gimme a freakin brake, #1 wheres your proof of my speed?.. and guess what,.. the judge sided with this idiot!
    of course they will side with the cop, we are the "liars", bastards some of them piss me off especially when they go on a power trip, but for the most part cops are just doing their job

Red
    1999 Pontiac Trans-Am

I got my car when I was alot younger and alot more stupid, I went from a 85 Camaro 2.8 to a 99 Trans Am LS1 with a few small mods, I did'nt know what to do with my self, first 2 and a half years I had it i gained 5 speeding tickets and two 1 Month License suspentions, I am lucky i'm alive needless to say, I have not had a ticket for a few years now, these days I always just hit cruise control and flaunt my sexy car I dont have anything to prove, racings is also ALWAYS saved for the track...I just ignore jack asses now and let them pass....RIDE WITH PRIDE

rapter34
    0 with the bird. been pulled over about 5 times for BS reasons like no front plate, excessive acceleration ( ), and the others where just becasue the cops wanted to check out my car. I actully drive safier with my bird than I do with any other car.

Pewter
    2002 Trans Am WS6 M6

1 in the year that i have owned it. I was doing 75 in a 45 but the cop marked it down to 54 in a 45 so it would not impact my insurance. But with my old cars i stopped counting even had my license suspended for a while.

Firebird99

metallic blue
    1999 pontiac firebird

lets c here maybe about 7 tickets and a arrest for recklass driving and a night in jail. yea pretty bad lol

Mexican-American Muscle
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Mlodecki View Post
    lets c here maybe about 7 tickets and a arrest for recklass driving and a night in jail. yea pretty bad lol
    now i dont feel so bad about my record

Arctic White
    2001 Firebird

I don't even own the ws6, just the v6 and i've been pulled over once in it. Front license plate cover and window tint. I was pulled over in my 96 thunderbird for speeding; 46 in a 35. I don't understand how people get out of tickets. Both cops have just asked for my license and registration, walked away. Then they come back with ticket pretty much in hand for me to sign. I wish I could get out of a ticket with just a warning.

Black
    2002 Pontiac Firebird

I got busted speeding on campus, me being the naive college student that i was handed him my student ID expecting them to deduct some points or just charge my ID...and she was like wtf is this! Gimme your liscence and proof of insurance..haha silly campus rent-a-cops. Feeling pity for me, and my ignorance she let me go.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information