black
    2002 WS6 Trans Am M6

Spark plugs and wires dont know what to get ls1

cant find a newer thread on plugs and wires so maybe something better came out since a 2008 thread that i read.

I have a 2002 ws6 trans am 6 speed. it has 124k miles on it and and its starting to lose mpg and starting to run a little ruff so time for a tune up (car is stock but this winter im going to add performace bolt ons). I want a copper plug for better spark, i know they wear faster but i dont mind changing them. i also need new wires but i have no idea what brand to get and when i should change wires. hopefully i can get some good answers here.

which copper plug is best to run.....
    which wires are best to run on copper plugs....
    what is best gap for the plugs....

THANKS FELLAS!

Pewter
    2002 Trans Am WS6 M6

Ngk 55 is the usual one everyone goes with. Scoggin dicky sells a combo pack for msd wires that comes with Ngk 55 spark plugs.

Ngk pre gaps their plugs to the correct specs so you don't have to worry about that. I checked mine just be sure and didn't have to change them. But it should be a gap of 55.

Granatelli sells 0 ohm wires but I have not seen alot of love for them and they are up there in the cost range for wires. Most seem to say just get a decent quality wire.
    Last edited by raynor139; 10-28-2015 at 07:09 AM.
    Mods - Lid, Skip Shift Eliminator, MGW shifter, UMI SFCs, Founders Lower Control Arms, Founders Panhard Bar, Founders Adj. Torque Arm, UMI Torque arm mount, MWC Drive shaft safety loop, KONI Yellows, Strano Springs, Strano Sway bars, UMI Upper and lower A Arms, 160 thermostat, TSP headers and TSP true duals Monster stage 2 clutch, racetronix fuel pump, Strange S60 rear axle and tune by Frost.

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/ mods, 00 FBVert

MSD Superconductor 8.5 plug wires are about the best bank for budget. Recommend getting the truck wires because they are longer then the ones for LS1's. ABout 2-3 longer. The ones for LS1's are kinda tight against the valve covers.
    http://www.ls1.com/forums/f7/my-6-liter-build-174257/

http://www.ls1.com/forums/f8/my-8-8-rear-build-165553/

6.0L Block - Forged 403ci , Polluter Stg3 Cam, FAST 102mm Intake, NW102 TB, MSD wires, NGK TR6 plugs, Truck Coil Packs, LS3 Fuel Injectors, CC Pacesetter LT Headers, TS&P ORY, QTP e-Cutout, Magnaflow Muffler, 104mm Air Lid & Line Lock, Catch Can, Stage 2 T56 w/Viper shaft, PRO 5.0 Shifter, Tick MC, SPEC Stg3+ Clutch, QT SFI BH, MWC DSL, Full UMI Performance Suspension, Belstein Shocks, Hotchkis Springs (1" Drop), YR1 Snowflake Wheels wrapped in NT555 tires & Custom Fab Ford 8.8 rear w/Wavetrac Diff 3.73 Yukon Gears, WSQ Hood, 3"CM Strange Eng Drive Shaft.

00 FB Vert - Stock

78 FB - Just getting started......

Horsepower never lies, but is often lied about!

Silver
    1999 Trans-Am, 2012 Sonic

The actual number is NGK TR55, and Chase and Scott are right in plug and wire choice, I don't have the truck wires though and they work fine for me. I did see some great prices at Texas Speed, and Maryland Speed respectively.
    99 Trans Am, SLP Lid, Blackwing filter, smooth bellow, Ported TB, LS6 intake, Ws6 lower ram air box, OBX LT's, Magna Flow cat back, LS7 clutch, Tick MC, Hurst Shifter, Frost Tune, UMI SFC,LAC, STB, PB, Torq Arm, Super Hawk hood, Torq Thrust II, Kee Audio.
    Strange S60 4:10's, D&S Rotors, S/S Brake Lines.
    Nitto NT05R Track Tire's, 12.7 @ 108 / 1.82 60'
    Wish list.
    Coil overs, Heads & Cam

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Ditto. Running TR55's and MSD wires here. The MSD wires are nice as you can bend the boot for additional clearance with headers. I do recommend putting a dab of dielectric grease in all the plug boots.

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/ mods, 00 FBVert

Spark plugs and wires dont know what to get ls1

I suggested the truck wires also because I have the 5.3/6.0 truck coils and they are smaller than the LS1 coils.

black
    2002 WS6 Trans Am M6

Thanks guy for the help truck msd 8.5mm wires with ngk tr55...gonna order when i get paid

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

One other tip or three -- push the plastic pins up from underneath that secure the rubber seal to the cowl as otherwise they will shred your hands. A wide flat blade screw driver will do the trick. Also, unplug and remove the coil packs for more room especially on the passenger side. The new plugs should only get torqued to 11 lb.ft. and some antiseize on the threads is recommended. Lastly, you should hear/feel one "click" when you install each wire to the plug and two "clicks" when you push them onto the coil.

black
    2002 WS6 Trans Am M6

Thanks man good information there

Thread Information