Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Sorry i've been AWOL

This is a discussion on Sorry i've been AWOL within the Firebird / WS6 forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Originally Posted by dragonchick here ya go hell of a halloween display bet you scared off all the ponys...

Sunset Orange Metalic
    2001 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by dragonchick View Post
    here ya go
    Click for full size
    hell of a halloween display
    bet you scared off all the ponys

Bright Silver Metallic
    2002 Trans Am WS6

Are you guys coming back to the National's this year?
    2002 Silver Trans Am WS6
    Trans Am Nationals Heavy Modified Show Champion
    Great Lakes Regional Heavy Modified Show Champion
    http://community.webshots.com/user/silverbird43551
    http://thesilversurfer.phanfare.com

black
    2001 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by tatertot91 View Post
    hell of a halloween display
    bet you scared off all the ponys
    HEHEHE

black
    2001 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by TheSilverSurfer View Post
    Are you guys coming back to the National's this year?
    the Good Lord wiling we are i've already made hotel reservations. you coming too? we'll probably wind up gettin on the local motorists nerves, because we're gonna drive very cautious. i do NOT want a repeat of last year. that was one of the hardest things me and my husband mike has had to deal with. your sore cause you just got ramed by a big truck, in an area you don't know much about, and your only ride home is totaled, and you're 6 1/2 hours away from home. i wouldn't want anybody to have to go through what we did

black
    2001 Trans Am

Here are a few more progress pics My painter had to fix a few small dents and also had to rebuild that piece that's between the t-tops and back hatch. He's got all that done and primered. All he needs to do now is sand in a few small places and she'll be ready to get sprayed I'm gettin really excited now!!!! Ya'll just keep your fingers crossed and pray real hard that the airbrush guy will show up and that i'll be able to bring Dragonbird home no later than this Friday

Sunset Orange Metalic
    2001 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by dragonchick View Post
    Ya'll just keep your fingers crossed and pray real hard that the airbrush guy will show up and that i'll be able to bring Dragonbird home no later than this Friday
    I'll be looking forward to some pics

black
    2001 Trans Am

Ok, so I don't get to get Dragonbird back this weekend, but that's ok. I had called my painter, Alan, earlier and he had told me the airbrush guy was suppose to have been over there to look at the car, and he hadn't showed yet, so he told me he was just gonna go over to his house and see if he was gonna do the work or not, and then give me a call back to let me know what's goin on. Well a little later he called me back and told me of their conversation. The guy most DEFINATLY wants to do the work, but he's been so busy, he hasn't been able to come over to look at the car, Alan pretty much told him like it is, "You either want to do the work or you don't" Alan told him "You keep tellin me you're gonna come look at the car and then you don't, these people aren't gonna wait much longer, so are you gonna come look at it or not?" So Alan let me know that the next day the guy would come over and look at Dragonbird, but that he wouldn't be able to do his part until next week. I told him that's fine with me, at least i'll get my airbrushing done So I called Alan yesterday to see if the guy kept his word and he did He came over and looked at the car, Alan told him what I wanted done and he said no problem, I was also told what he was gonna charge, and I"m very very happy!!!!! Of course the way I am, I never fully get my hopes up, and I never let myself get overly excited until I see the finished product, but I have to admit, I'm having a hard time containing myself, lol

black
    2001 Trans Am

Ok, time for an update. Tuesday evening after me an Mike got off work, he headed on over to our painter's shop cause we knew the airbrushing was done, FINALLY I had been so excited all day, and because of that the day went slowwwww, lol. Well anyways we get to Alan's shop walk in the door, and several people are standing in the room where he does his paint prep, one of those people was the man of the hour, Quack (I don't know the man's real name, or why he's called Quack, lol). I was glad I got to meet him, I did get to talk with him on the phone the day before, he had wanted to make sure he understood what I wanted. After I gave him the ideas I had in my head, I told him to just do what you think would look good. Believe me, this is a man you don't want to confine, you just have to let him work his magic. Well anyways, Mike had already looked in the door in the paint booth at Dragonbird, but Alan wouldn't let me look. He told me to close my eyes, and I got led into the paint booth, in front of the car, he says open them........OH MY!!!!!.....WOW!!!!!!.....THIS IS FREAKIN AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You have to understand, Quack free hands, he don't believe in stensils or vinyls, as a matter of fact he plainly said vinyl is for houses, lol. Dragonbird now is most definatly one of a kind, there is not another one out there like it. Me and Mike will be going back up to the shop Friday to see what it looks like with it being cleared, I can't even begin to imagine, it looked SWEEEEETTTTT with just the base coat I'm not gonna post pics of the bird until after Bethany's (Firebirdfest) show, so if you wanna see it you're just gonna have to come to Mebane, NC on the 18th and 19th I have posted up 2 teaser pics though Oh yeah, what ever anger I had in me....it's not there anymore, lol

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

teaser pics are teasing!!!

black
    2001 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by Spaz View Post
    teaser pics are teasing!!!
    hehehe

black
    2001 Trans Am

Ok, so yesterday me and Mike went to see Dragonbird because now her body is clearcoated We also went so we could put some of her interior in her. She was still parked in the garage when we got there, but even indoors I could tell she was beautiful. But of course it wasn't long before I had her out in the sun, and I just have to say WOW!!!!!!!! I'll give a little clue....Quack (the airbrush guy) used all pearl colors Then I pulled the car back in the garage so me and Mike could put some of the interior back in and Alan (my painter) was working on the bumpers, front tag plate, rear spoiler, gas tank lid cover, and center tail panel piece (I think that's what it's called). Between now and Monday, Alan will do some buffing on the car, but it won't be completly buffed out. After I get back from Firebirdfest, I'll bring her back so she can be properly buffed. There's one other issue that happened while she was out sunbathing, Alan had worked really hard on the piece that goes between the t-tops and back hatch, well all those places he thought he took care of, came back He was VERY upset and dissapointed with himself, I told him not to worry about it, and that i'm still taking it to Firebirdfest anyways, when I bring it back to get buffed we'll go from there, I'll even order a new piece if I have to. I honestly believe this car is just as important to him as it is to me, he has taken great pride in Dragonbird, sometimes I think he's takin more pride in DB than any of the other cars he's done, lol. Of course he's the one who painted the original DB (he didn't do the airbrushing though) Here are a few pics i took yesterday, I did take one of her body, but I didn't take any of the bird yet......yes, i'm still making everyone wait, hehehe
    OOOO Isn't she shiny!?!?!? It's really hard to tell, but if you look closely you can see a ghost ember, also those specs you see is the metal flake

These last 2 pics are of some mats that a great friend of mine and Mike's bought for Dragonbird

Sunset Orange Metalic
    2001 Camaro SS

can't wait to see the whole thing

Black
    2000 WS6 6spd Hooker LT

I want to see the finished product also, I really want to see the airbrushing. Also, with a name like Dragonbird, you really need a small dragon label for your windshield, from US 129 in the Smokys. I have one on Too Fast. Are you familiar with that road???

black
    2001 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by Too Fast View Post
    I want to see the finished product also, I really want to see the airbrushing. Also, with a name like Dragonbird, you really need a small dragon label for your windshield, from US 129 in the Smokys. I have one on Too Fast. Are you familiar with that road???
    Oh, yes, I did the tail of Tail of the Dragon last year with the Bandit runners in DB1 It was such a blast!!!! And I agree, I need one of those stickers I should be able to bring her home either tommorow or Tuesday, I can hardly wait!!!! I've been without her for 3months LOL.

Black
    2000 WS6 6spd Hooker LT

^^^I can completely relate. I was without my 1967 400 4-speed Firebird for a year once! We drove the Dragon last Monday June 7th. It is still blocked on the north end, but the highway patrol has allowed it to be open at the TN/NC border up to the slide. Cool that they will let you drive it, but enforcement seems higher.
    Last edited by Too Fast; 06-14-2010 at 03:11 AM.

black
    2001 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by Too Fast View Post
    ^^^I can completely relate. I was without my 1967 400 4-speed Firebird for a year once! We drove the Dragon last Monday June 7th. It is still blocked on the north end, but the highway patrol has allowed it to be open at the TN/NC border up to the slide. Cool that they will let you drive it, but enforcement seems higher.
    Yeah, but I bet it's still fun with the higher enforcement I'm lookin forward to gettin to drive it again Oh, and i'll have finished pics up this weekend

black
    2001 Trans Am

Okay, Finally, here are the finished pics of Dragonbird. They were taken at her debut carshow, Firebird Fest of the Carolinas.
    Some flames goin down the side

Oh yeah, my painter painted the center tail piece to match the rest of the car, it will stay blacked out

And here it is....THE BIRD!!!!!

Might as well throw in a couple interior shots too, lol.

Custom made T-Top holders made by my hubby Mike.

Here's a tribute I had set up for the original Dragonbird

Okay I just had to throw this one in too, they wanted Dragonbird's original hood as part of their display for the Friday night cruise-in and dinner

In no way was I expecting anything, but apparently Dragonbird made a great impression. She won 1st in modified exterior, 1st in modified interior, Best overall specialty, and the one that really shocked me....BEST IN SHOW!!!!!

Black
    99 WS.6 - Modified

Looks incredible! Turned out very nice. I'm not suprised it won, you can tell it had a lot done to it and it was quality work. Enjoy your resurrected Dragonbird!

Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

Congratulations!!! Looks amazing.

black
    2001 Trans Am

Thanks!!! I'm very happy to have her back, and i'm very well pleased with what my panter and the airbrush guy did I'll be taking her back to my painter this Friday because he wants to block her down and put another coat of clear on her. I'm all for that because I want that paint to have the best protection

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information