Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Some questions.

This is a discussion on Some questions. within the Firebird / WS6 forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Originally Posted by MistrCreazil Another update: it appears that in high heat, ie sitting in sunlight a couple hours, my ...

silver
    1999 T/A WS6 A4

Quote Originally Posted by MistrCreazil View Post
    Another update: it appears that in high heat, ie sitting in sunlight a couple hours, my radio information is still all gibberish until the car cools off. Along with my right turn signal... When I turn on my AC, it quickly fixed itself. What could be the issue?

Ugh, and the light that is out, it works when I press the keyless entry. This is so confusing!
    Are you saying that the radio info and turn signal both work after the car cools down, if so you got me on this one.

The drl's have two filaments in them, mine also worked with the keyless entry, but no turn signal, until I changed sockets, but like I said before if the turn signal works after the car cools down I don't know.

Black
    1999 T/A WS.6

What is the easiest way to get access to the bulb? There isn't a whole lot of room in that little trap door thingy.

silver
    1999 T/A WS6 A4

For me that trap door is the easiest, some guys get to it thru the top but my arms are to damn big. Drive it up on a couple of 2x8s or some ramps, makes a world of difference. I have done it with the car on the ground, once. Live and learn I guess.
    I know I've said this before, but check the socket mine was all corroded and half melted but still flashed with the keyless entry, just no turn signal.

Black
    2000 WS6

Having DRL/Signal chaos

I too have a DRL (pass. side front) out. At first I thought it was the bulb, so I bought a new bulb. That did not work. I tested the old bulb on the driver side and it worked. I checked the tail lights and all were fine. I bought the "AutoZone" socket that has been posted here a bunch of times. I cut the old socket off (before I read that the socket could be replaced) and attached the wires (yes, in the proper order!). Put a coating of solder (yes, electrical 60% tin/40% lead) on and the only thing that worked was the parking light. No DRL or blinker. I checked the fuses (both dash & under the hood, all looked fine.) I am puzzled and approaching insanity. Any advice would be appreciated!

Thanks!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information