Negro
    2000 Trans Am WS.6

some appearance ???s

ok so i seen this guy has alot of sweet ideas that i would like to try http://www.paveglio.com/firebird/2001tamods.html like the lit nostrils but can anyone shed some light on the neon subject is some illegal or whats the regulations a friend was trying to tell me it was all illegal but idk. Also im getting my windows tinted in a couple weeks and looking for suggestions on how dark to go i was thinking maybe 20 on the sides and 10 in the back. This is on a black WS6 if this matters to anyone, but I like my privacy.

Black
    2002 Trans Am WS.6 R.I.P.

okay, this is my understanding of the neon 'law'. flashing, or solid, red and/or blue is illegal because it's for emergency vehicles. I would think if you never had it on you would be fine. you probably also would not want to have them on while driving just in case. when you're parked I've seen people with neons that flash, bass pulse, and move through a color pattern and it hasn't caused any of them any trouble. You really need to check you're local laws for that because a cop could just be having a bad day and nab you for it.

window tint...really depends on the state. I have 5 % on everything but the front, including T-Tops. In Oklahoma, it's 20% but nobody has ever called me on it. one thing I would do is if you get pulled over, put your window down all the way so he won't notice the contrast.

Silver
    1998 Trans Am

I live in illinois and I was told by a cop friend that neons are perfectly legal so long as you are parked. As for the tints in Chicago we cannot tint the front windows at all but the back could be as dark as you want. With that being said I have a 5% on the rear and 15% on the fronts. But where I live most cops don't really care so long as you aren't driving like an ass.

i agree with the above, just check your local laws and see what you could get away with. If you know any cops ask them if they pull people over regularly for tints or neons. that way you'll know if they are really strict on those laws

Negro
    2000 Trans Am WS.6

it looks like my uncle will be getting a call, he's like one step below chief of police in a neighboring city so i figgure he would know.thanks for the help so far anyone else's imput would be appreciated and as far as the tint goes it would be great to get some pictures of different setups on our cars

Black
    2002 Trans Am WS.6 R.I.P.

Quote Originally Posted by suede View Post
    it looks like my uncle will be getting a call, he's like one step below chief of police in a neighboring city so i figgure he would know.
    ...and you didn't call him in the first place? if he's your uncle you're probably not going to get into trouble for something that minor anyway!

Black
    2000 WS.6

Quote Originally Posted by suede View Post
    it looks like my uncle will be getting a call, he's like one step below chief of police in a neighboring city so i figgure he would know.thanks for the help so far anyone else's imput would be appreciated and as far as the tint goes it would be great to get some pictures of different setups on our cars
    Ram Air Intake neon. Pictures of my car in this thread:
    http://www.ls1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21667

Negro
    2000 Trans Am WS.6

yea hes my uncle but not in my home town he lives close to 2 hours away so ive never had to be pulled over by him. That and its not the city cops that are the major pains around here sept for one, but its the hi po's. Ic bomb hunter and i seen the same site and thanks for the pics im thinkin red also.
    Last edited by suede; 08-06-2007 at 09:10 PM.

Thread Information