Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

so once again another light thread

This is a discussion on so once again another light thread within the Firebird / WS6 forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; but if it was the flasher wouldnt they both just be solid because my drivers side blinks...

2002 Arctic White T/A Ws6islife's Avatar

Metallic Pewter
    2002 SLP Firehawk

but if it was the flasher wouldnt they both just be solid because my drivers side blinks

Blackened fire chicken
    2000 Pontiac Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by Ws6islife View Post
    but if it was the flasher wouldnt they both just be solid because my drivers side blinks
    i could be totally wrong, i thought most cars have 2 flashers???

Metallic Pewter
    2002 SLP Firehawk

If im right one for turn signals and the other for hazards

Black
    2000 WS6 6spd Hooker LT

Cutlass (and I) want you to verify that the ground wire is intact. By running a jumper wire on to the ground circuit of the offending bulb, as near as possible to the lamp socket.

I just stuck my head under the dash, and I heard 1 flasher for the turn signals, and 1 for the hazard. Only one time in my experience have I seen a turn signal flasher cause a flash for one side and not the other, and that was about 20 years ago.

1999 Formula WS6 M6-sold
    2001 Silverado Z71

yeah, cut the black wire (or shave off some insulation with a razor blade) coming out of the affected turn signal socket. Then run a jumper wire from the socket to a good ground, like the battery itself. See if that fixes your problem.

Metallic Pewter
    2002 SLP Firehawk

so i have no clue wich wire is the ground when i tested all of them with my tester they all have some current running through them, one is way higher than the other but the rest shouldnt have no voltage going through them, when i tested the other side one tested with current and the other two tested 0, i tried to guess witch the ground was and i ended up blowing the fuse that is for the gauges.

Metallic Pewter
    2002 SLP Firehawk

just tried to put the jump cable like you guys asked me to do so and nothing still not flashing i put it on both cables that were testing a lower voltage then the other one.. one tested .4 the other .1 and the other one 11.25 or so.

Black
    2000 WS6 6spd Hooker LT

It's the black wire, that is the one we suspect has lost its' integrity.. It has its' normal ground for the LF turn signal circuit on the top left of the radiator support, or so my wiring diagram shows. I think your turn/park lamp socket is wired wrong or something like that. The OE wire that was/is light blue is the correct wire for the DRL/turn signal for the LF. For the RF the brown OE wire is the correct (positive feed) wire for the DRL/turn signal. The OE wire is dark blue for the normal parking lamp illumination, which is NOT the DRL illumination. You must check the voltages, at those wires, for ~12-14 volts, depending on how you have your light switch or whether the car is running. And depending on the parking brake if it is on or not. And, the black (ground) wire should always have a direct connection to ground. Check these wires for proper voltages/continuity, and you should isolate the problem. I don't know how to help any more than this, if you don't know how to check these things properly, then take it somewhere where they do know how. Not trying to sound harsh, but it is kinda hard to diagnose electrical issues over the internet.

Metallic Pewter
    2002 SLP Firehawk

ok so the thing that sucks is none of my wires are colored they are all black

Metallic Pewter
    2002 SLP Firehawk

no i totally understand im not a electric genious but i can check for all that i will have to follow the wires down till i hti colors i guess.

Black
    2000 WS6 6spd Hooker LT

Quote Originally Posted by Ws6islife View Post
    ok so the thing that sucks is none of my wires are colored they are all black

Well that sounds like the problem. You have to know which color of the wire is supposed to have 12v with the parking lamp on, which one has 12v with the DRL activated (this is also the turn signal feed), and which wire has ground. And then connect those wires to the appropriate wire on the turnsignal socket wires for it to work. I suspect the socket is wired wrong.

Good Luck.

Metallic Pewter
    2002 SLP Firehawk

just tested the wires and they all have voltage going through them..ima take the harness out tommorow and break it down till i see colors!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information