Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

so far what i have done.

This is a discussion on so far what i have done. within the Firebird / WS6 forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Originally Posted by 1998 T/A I would do the cam and heads at the same time, especially if you are ...

dbl clutch'n like i shld WICKEDLS1's Avatar
    Oklahoma City, Oklahoma

sebring silver

Quote Originally Posted by 1998 T/A View Post
    I would do the cam and heads at the same time, especially if you are gonna be taking it to a shop...even if your doing it yourself i'd do them at the same time
    definately, however if your like me lol once i buy the cam it will take a few months to get the money for heads and i know having to look at the cam every day will kill me and i will eventually just throw it in and do the heads later.

However i have a buddy that is going to help me for next to nothing so its all good if you can find something like that

Huron Ohio

2000 WS6 Trans AM

^ I know what you mean...I lost my T/A to some b*tch that ran a stop sign; looking at a new T/A with not enough money in my pocket is a little worse than a cam but I know where your coming from!

Carterville, MO

1998 Z28 Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by Ws6islife View Post
    thanks to all for their opinions. what to dyou think i should start with camaroguy?
    Well like i previously said, all bolt ons and free mods. I'm not sure if you've stated you have a lid or not, but get one. You've already got LTs and exhaust so you're good there. Port/polish your TB, free ram air mod, etc.. (free mods). I know i've said the free mods thing a few times but really man you can get a good butt dyno difference outta these cars by doing that stuff that costs next to nothing. From there i would get at least lower control arms, panhard bar, and subframe connectors. If you look, you can get some of this at a good price. I just picked up my LCAs and PHB for $106.25 plus shipping from Founder's Performance and am quite happy with the product. After you get those suspension mods, i'd say go stall, gears, and then tune. You'd have a pretty good setup going for you man. This is all stuff i either already have on my car, or are on my soon to have list.
    98 Z28 A4 (DD) -
    Go Fast: Lid, filter, free ram air, egr mod, dynomax race bullet, !AIR
    Suspension: Founder's Performance LCA's, PHB, strut brace
    Looks: SS spoiler, 18" C6 Z06's.
    '83 Camaro Z28- 355, current full restoration

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information