Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 23

so far what i have done.

This is a discussion on so far what i have done. within the Firebird / WS6 forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; is mainly appearance mods. i really want to start working on performance. So far i have done headers, y pipe, ...

  1. #1
    2002 Arctic White T/A Ws6islife's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Houston , Texas
    Posts
    570

    Metallic Pewter
    2002 SLP Firehawk

    so far what i have done.

    is mainly appearance mods. i really want to start working on performance. So far i have done headers, y pipe, and magnaflows. What should i do next?

  2. #2
    Member youngrigo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Bay Area, CA
    Posts
    247

    Black
    2000 SS

    Do you have a cut out?
    1967 Camaro - LS1 T56 project
    2003 Z06 - Procharged and LTs
    2001 Honda Civic EX - DD
    2005 Kawaski KFX400
    2000 Camaro SS m6 - 523rwhp 468rwtq - (Sold)

  3. #3
    2002 Arctic White T/A Ws6islife's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Houston , Texas
    Posts
    570

    Metallic Pewter
    2002 SLP Firehawk

    exhaust cut out?

  4. #4
    Member youngrigo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Bay Area, CA
    Posts
    247

    Black
    2000 SS

    Yes that?

  5. #5
    2002 Arctic White T/A Ws6islife's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Houston , Texas
    Posts
    570

    Metallic Pewter
    2002 SLP Firehawk

    lol no i do not have one yet.

  6. #6
    Member youngrigo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Bay Area, CA
    Posts
    247

    Black
    2000 SS

    That would be my next mod, Then PP the TB. From there you can go with a cam

  7. #7
    Junior Member CamaroGuy83's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Carterville, MO
    Posts
    66

    Black
    1998 Z28 Camaro

    Do all the free mods if you haven't already. Get a lid if you haven't already. I would start looking into getting some suspension upgrades. Aftermarket lower control arms, panhard bar, subframe connectors. Are you planning on running it at the track much?
    98 Z28 A4 (DD) -
    Go Fast: Lid, filter, free ram air, egr mod, dynomax race bullet, !AIR
    Suspension: Founder's Performance LCA's, PHB, strut brace
    Looks: SS spoiler, 18" C6 Z06's.
    '83 Camaro Z28- 355, current full restoration

  8. #8
    dbl clutch'n like i shld WICKEDLS1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
    Posts
    1,807

    sebring silver
    Y2K SS CAMARO

    Quote Originally Posted by CamaroGuy83 View Post
    Do all the free mods if you haven't already. Get a lid if you haven't already. I would start looking into getting some suspension upgrades. Aftermarket lower control arms, panhard bar, subframe connectors. Are you planning on running it at the track much?


    a cut out is awesome to one of the best investments i have made yet

  9. #9
    2002 Arctic White T/A Ws6islife's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Houston , Texas
    Posts
    570

    Metallic Pewter
    2002 SLP Firehawk

    yes track deffinatly. a friend just told me i could get a stall, cam, springs and pushrods and a tune. would all this be ok before i get my heads? he said i might not get all i want out the cam but i coudl deffinatly run it like that while i saved for the heads.

  10. #10
    Auto Painter RyanJM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Age
    41
    Posts
    2,002

    White
    1998 Trans Am

    I have a Circle D stall since I know alot of people that have run them with good luck and there based in Houston so if you ever want it restalled higher for some reason like a motor swap or bigger cam you can take it there and used it with with a Texas Speed MS3 cam 113LSA(I originally planned on a smaller cam but this fell in my lap) with Patriot Gold dual valve springs and Manley hardened pushrods. I already had 3,73's with full exhaust and a LS6 intake, P&P TB, ASP UD Pulley and tune. I'm haven't dynoed it yet but its a huge difference when you drive it.
    Just had to have the car retuned for the cam, stall, and raise the shift points from 6k to 6500 rpm.
    Oh I also had a high flow oil pump and double roller timing chain done with the cam depending on your mileage you may wanna look into that if your doing the cam swap.
    Last edited by RyanJM; 01-06-2011 at 10:39 AM.
    1998 Trans Am 85k miles.
    Bolt ons, MS3 113LSA cam, Circle D Stall, Tune, Modified WS6 style hood, Full Suspension, 6000k HID's, Clear Side Markers w/ Leds, Led 3rd Brake Light and 18" AR Staggered Killer Wheels w/ BFG KDW NT's.- Weekend Toy/DD
    02 Trailblazer -Sold
    09 Ram 1500 CC - Sold
    09 Cobalt SS/TC - Sold
    13 ram 1500 LoneStar CC 4x4 - Magnaflow, K&N,and more to come-DD/Toy

  11. #11
    dbl clutch'n like i shld WICKEDLS1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
    Posts
    1,807

    sebring silver
    Y2K SS CAMARO

    Quote Originally Posted by RyanJM View Post
    I have a Circle D stall since I know alot of people that have run them with good luck and there based in Houston so if you ever want it restalled higher for some reason like a motor swap or bigger cam you can take it there and used it with with a Texas Speed MS3 cam 113LSA(I originally planned on a smaller cam but this fell in my lap) with Patriot Gold dual valve springs and Manley hardened pushrods. I already had 3,73's with full exhaust and a LS6 intake, P&P TB, ASP UD Pulley and tune. I'm haven't dynoed it yet but its a huge difference when you drive it.
    Just had to have the car retuned for the cam, stall, and raise the shift points from 6k to 6500 rpm.
    Oh I also had a high flow oil pump and double roller timing chain done with the cam depending on your mileage you may wanna look into that if your doing the cam swap.
    nice

    and to op your best bet right now is to get a full tune and have your rear o2's deleted. thats what i did after i cut my cats off and it made a huge difference. then if i were you i would put a cutout and go from there. your best bet its to get full bolt-ons then move your way up to the internal things. reason being is that when you bump up the internals (heads/cam for example) your going to need everything to help feed it and allow it to exit the air. which is where headers, lid, tune and so on comes in. but that is just my .02 and to each his own.

    good luck

  12. #12
    Junior Member CamaroGuy83's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Carterville, MO
    Posts
    66

    Black
    1998 Z28 Camaro

    I agree, go full bolt ons first. You gotta have the supporting mods for a big internal mod such as a cam. And, like i previously stated, don't overlook your suspension man. For better traction, predictability, and to stiffen your chassis and not hurt the car. You can have all the power in the world, but you gotta get it to the ground and hook. But, like someone else said, to each his own. Good luck w/your modding!

  13. #13
    2002 Arctic White T/A Ws6islife's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Houston , Texas
    Posts
    570

    Metallic Pewter
    2002 SLP Firehawk

    thanks to all for their opinions. what to dyou think i should start with camaroguy?

  14. #14
    Auto Painter RyanJM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Age
    41
    Posts
    2,002

    White
    1998 Trans Am

    My suspension was done after the bolt ons and tune.
    I left out that i actually have my suspension done with BMR springs, KYB AGX's, Spohn Sway Bar set UMI STB,2 point SFC's, LCA's w/ relocation brackets and panhard bar.

  15. #15
    Veteran 0rion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    ohio
    Posts
    22,519

    98 Formula
    06 duramax

    stall first.....biggest ET improvement for your dollar on an auto car

  16. #16
    Electrical Engineer KMdef9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    North of the Motorcity
    Posts
    2,611

    Custom Swirly Black
    2001 WS6 M6

    Quote Originally Posted by RyanJM View Post
    Suspension done with BMR springs, KYB AGX's, Spohn Sway Bar set UMI STB,2 point SFC's, LCA's w/ relocation brackets and panhard bar.
    This.

    Quote Originally Posted by 0rion View Post
    stall first.....biggest ET improvement for your dollar on an auto car
    Then this.

  17. #17
    2002 Arctic White T/A Ws6islife's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Houston , Texas
    Posts
    570

    Metallic Pewter
    2002 SLP Firehawk

    how much am i looking at for all suspension mods??

  18. #18
    Moderator 35th-ANV-SS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Wherever life takes me
    Posts
    12,465

    Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

    Depends on what brands you go with.

    Most expensive - Strano springs with Koni shocks
    Moderate expensive - Bilstein Shocks
    Least expensive - KYB

    I would recommend only the shocks I mention above and in that order.

    Go to www.kyspeed.com and look at the prices of the UMI pieces for the other suspension parts...pan hard bar, adjustable torque arm, lower control arms, lower control arm brackets, etc.

  19. #19
    dbl clutch'n like i shld WICKEDLS1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
    Posts
    1,807

    sebring silver
    Y2K SS CAMARO

    Quote Originally Posted by 35th-ANV-SS View Post
    Depends on what brands you go with.

    Most expensive - Strano springs with Koni shocks
    Moderate expensive - Bilstein Shocks
    Least expensive - KYB

    I would recommend only the shocks I mention above and in that order.

    Go to www.kyspeed.com and look at the prices of the UMI pieces for the other suspension parts...pan hard bar, adjustable torque arm, lower control arms, lower control arm brackets, etc.


    if your car is like mine, i even have trouble with traction in second gear and some time third but thats only on the spray. thats why we all say suspension first!!!

  20. #20
    Member 1998 T/A's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Huron Ohio
    Posts
    759

    Black
    2000 WS6 Trans AM

    I would do the cam and heads at the same time, especially if you are gonna be taking it to a shop...even if your doing it yourself i'd do them at the same time

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •