Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

SLP Loudmouth II or Borla exhaust?

This is a discussion on SLP Loudmouth II or Borla exhaust? within the Firebird / WS6 forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Originally Posted by Mr. Luos That is actually not why they run lean. The resistors are not calibrated for the ...

Super Moderator

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Luos View Post
    That is actually not why they run lean.
    The resistors are not calibrated for the stock LS1 F-Body tune....and when installed they send signals showing less air than what is actually coming in. Cuts a little fuel....making it go lean.
    This is how they show power gains on the dyno....

Lean = power. Too lean = busted ass motor.
    Some are okay, some aren't. Not worth the risk.
    I was referring to modifying the stock MAF.

Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

Nevermind then....

2001 Trans Am Ws6

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Luos View Post
    That is actually not why they run lean.
    The resistors are not calibrated for the stock LS1 F-Body tune....and when installed they send signals showing less air than what is actually coming in. Cuts a little fuel....making it go lean.
    This is how they show power gains on the dyno....

Lean = power. Too lean = busted ass motor.
    Some are okay, some aren't. Not worth the risk.
    I tried getting SLP to say that they don't run well with stock motors and he wouldn't say it haha. He just kept saying it would work and expect to 3-6 hp gain but he said I'm not trying to get you to spend more money but buy our tune kit and it will make the car run better, but he said stock computer would re-tune itself after 3 to 5 min or something idk. I'll just not put it on, if well educated F-body owners say don't do it, I'm going with that over a payed sales rep. And also look's like I'm getting the 02 with Borla exhaust with 19k miles last of the breed for $19k. Sound like a good price?

Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

Sounds like $2-3K too much to me.
    There are some out there asking a TON for some of the '02's though. I check KBB and NADA and go with that.

white
    04 2500 4x4 crew cab

You can spend 15 and get something built. How important is the mileage? Look in the car for sale section.

Black/ Silver
    98 TA WS6/ 01 C5 Corvette

Quote Originally Posted by pbguy357 View Post
    I'm kinda going for original condition though.. not something someone built up to be a track car and have stuff going out on it. I'll check out the sale section now though, its a two owner car still to much then?

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...standard=false this is it.. he had a buyer for it on saturday but said if go a lil more he will back out on the guy.
    I wouldn't pay that for that car. According to KBB its only worth $16,145 in excellent condition. The person says it's never been raced I find that hard to believe unless they don't consider hard acceleration racing. They also say the interior is in perfect condition but then say that it has cracks, no way in heck I would bay 18k for a car that has cracks on the doors.

2001 Trans Am Ws6

Quote Originally Posted by 98TransAmWs-6 View Post
    I wouldn't pay that for that car. According to KBB its only worth $16,145 in excellent condition. The person says it's never been raced I find that hard to believe unless they don't consider hard acceleration racing. They also say the interior is in perfect condition but then say that it has cracks, no way in heck I would bay 18k for a car that has cracks on the doors.
    He fixed the cracked doors or I wouldn't of either. It seems this one is cheapest around however. And he never had it to the track or anything like that. I'm sure everyone who has this type of cars will do some kind of hard acceleration and most of the time they have like 3 to 5 owners by now?
    Last edited by pbguy357; 06-09-2011 at 11:58 AM.

Black/ Silver
    98 TA WS6/ 01 C5 Corvette

Quote Originally Posted by pbguy357 View Post
    He fixed the cracked doors or I wouldn't of either.
    I thought the ad said they are still cracked? But anyways it is a little overpriced IMO.

NBM
    1999 Formula ws6

Its over priced, I spent $7500 less on my car that had 23k on it, bone stock, with every piece of paperwork from build sheet to tire changes. Keep looking youll come along a deal.

red
    2002 camaro 35th anv.

[QUOTE=Mr. Luos;2657944]SLP is trash. That SLP MAF is going to create more problems than gains.
    Borla is overpriced.

dont get me wrong mr. luos I have a ton of respect for you and what you do on this site. but I dont understand why every body always hates on slp. I have had nothing but good expierences with them. I agree with the fact that all aftermarket mafs are no good they will def lean your car out. But everything else I have never had a problem with. they are one of the original companies out there that support us ls1 guys and still do. and they seem to listen too. for example there original tuned length headers everyone had clearance issues with. so they went back to the drawing board and brought out there new long tube headers that tuck up much tighter. they were also the ones who made the firehawk and the SS camaro so they must be doing something write.

2001 Trans Am Ws6

Quote Originally Posted by bouigha123 View Post
    Its over priced, I spent $7500 less on my car that had 23k on it, bone stock, with every piece of paperwork from build sheet to tire changes. Keep looking youll come along a deal.
    He didn't change it, I talked on the phone and made sure of everything and of coarse when I got to test it out I'll check out everything, I'll just have to see what happens and hopefully it works out and with original tires etc.. I don't have to look for tire changes or anything. Carfax has most of everything from window motor and oil changes
    Last edited by pbguy357; 06-09-2011 at 04:01 PM.

Black
    2002 trans am ws6

American racing lt's slp catted Y and LMII i got a lot of complements on the set up i loved it def need a tune after the install though for it to run right. Iv heard the set up with no tunes it pops and runs real rich when not tuned right in my opinion.

Black
    2001 Trans Am (sold)

Personally on a car with stock manifolds and cats I like the Loudmouth1 alot. If you're keeping the manifolds/cats then go for it. If you'll be getting headers/off road y then the borla is good as you can close it up to quiet it down.

Black
    2000 Camaro Z28 (sold)

Quote Originally Posted by reaper ws6 View Post
    i personally never had a bad experience with slp and my car is almost all slp i guess i got lucky but in the other hand i don't have the maf i keep it stock. but the exhaust and lid i love does things i don't regret getting does. the y pipe some claim that it sucks on ground clearance but mine is pretty good. (like i said maybe i got lucky) or slp got there act together idk lolz but like he said opinion is opinion and i guess fact is fact lolz
    with Longtubes the SLP doesn't have good clearance and it seems like everywhere there is a speed bump

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

SLP = bad ground clearance, poor fitment, over-priced, and bad customer service is the general consensus.

Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

Quote Originally Posted by 02fbody35th View Post
    dont get me wrong mr. luos I have a ton of respect for you and what you do on this site. but I dont understand why every body always hates on slp. I have had nothing but good expierences with them. I agree with the fact that all aftermarket mafs are no good they will def lean your car out. But everything else I have never had a problem with. they are one of the original companies out there that support us ls1 guys and still do. and they seem to listen too. for example there original tuned length headers everyone had clearance issues with. so they went back to the drawing board and brought out there new long tube headers that tuck up much tighter. they were also the ones who made the firehawk and the SS camaro so they must be doing something write.
    Doesn't help one of their reps called me a liar on the phone over a defective part.
    Then they charged me to ship it to them, then charged a small "handling" fee to look at, then charge me to return ship it.
    At this point I had spent $2K with them....
    It was an oil pump. I went to hand thread the bolt that holds the oil pickup tube to the pump.....the threads literally just fell out. I NEVER had a tool on that bolt.
    Yeah....fuck SLP and all their overpriced shit.
    2008 Trailblazer SS
    Yank PTB3600, Kooks 1 7/8" LT's, 4" intake, E-fans, Magnaflow, Sonnax kit, tranny cooler, tune.
    Lowered, HID's, tinted.

1999 Pontiac Trans Am WS.6 #1747 SOLD
    531.1 RWHP 481.3 FT/Pounds all motor.

Black
    2001 Trans Am (sold)

I dunno, I bought my 4 chromed Firehawk rims from Slp. Ended up having issues with 2 of the wheels and they took them back no problem at all. Only other Slp part I ever had is their drive shaft loop and it's a great fitting piece as well.

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

My lid had poor fitment, as well as the bellows fitted to the MAF.

I'm pretty happy with my LM II exhaust though.

The MAF and bellows are collecting dust in the garage now.

black
    2000 trans am

if u like raspy go bolra. if u like throaty go slp but what ever u get go with long tubes and ory.
    i got slp 2 ory and slp mass air flow love it

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by 00bandit View Post
    if u like raspy go bolra. if u like throaty go slp but what ever u get go with long tubes and ory.
    i got slp 2 ory and slp mass air flow love it
    What exactly do you love about the SLP MAF?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information