Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Slp Lid?

This is a discussion on Slp Lid? within the Firebird / WS6 forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Originally Posted by christianjax So you put the bellow on the lid itself? instead of the stock location attached to ...

Black
    1998 Trans Am M6

Quote Originally Posted by christianjax View Post
    So you put the bellow on the lid itself? instead of the stock location attached to the throttle body?

no...the smooth bellow is very stiff and it forces the lid to go where it wants it to go, of course I didn't think about that (my lid kept popping the clips open) until I tried to install my Volant box and it would not line up for shit. went back to the stock bellow and everything fell into place. I was considering going back to my SLP Cold Air Pac to see if it's better or worse on the dyno...the Volant looks badass and makes for a nice conversation piece, but I'm not convinced it made more power than the SLP lid and CAI...

by the by, SLP Cold Air Pac and Flowmaster 3" catback, no other mods made 313rwhp/334rwtq on my TA
    95 Exploder

01 R1 coming?

Midnight Blue
    1999 T/A

Quote Originally Posted by christianjax View Post
    So you put the bellow on the lid itself? instead of the stock location attached to the throttle body?
    i took the lid off attached the MAF then the below... then took all three at the same time an dut theminto place. I pushed the below onto the TB as i slip the fingers on the lid into the retainers. Then cliped the front locks... downside is that i have to remove the whole section (below;MAF;lid) in order to check the filter.

Black
    1999 Trans Am

that's what I did, but the back of the lid kept popping out of the little slide tabs and the whole back end of the lid wasn't sealing at all. totally by-passing the filter. I was affraid to keep driving it like that. I'd fix it, and as soon as the engine torqued, the tabs would pop right back out again. So I went back to the stock bellow and it fits like a champ. I have an slp lid, MAF, and bellow and it just didn't fit right.

Midnight Blue
    1999 T/A

Hrmm... well your car might be tweaked differently then mine is. no two cars are the same even when coming off the manufacturer line....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information