Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Results 61 to 71 of 71

Six speed or no...

This is a discussion on Six speed or no... within the Firebird / WS6 forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Un biased here. Bought the car as an auto and loved it. Now its a 6 speed and i love ...

  1. #61
    Just a souped up sunfire. Ryans99LS1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Parma Heights, Ohio
    Age
    27
    Posts
    891

    SOM
    99 Trans Am

    Un biased here. Bought the car as an auto and loved it. Now its a 6 speed and i love it still. Street driving is definitely more spirited and fun with the six. With the auto i was more behaved... At the track i wish it was still auto, but im not there much, and when i am, i just try to improve off the times that night.

  2. #62
    Senior Member Too Fast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    54
    Posts
    5,170

    Black
    2000 WS6 6spd Hooker LT

    Quote Originally Posted by nhraformula View Post
    exactly, then came the snide remarks from M6 owners towards A4 cars.
    Not from me

    I love all the F-bodies, muscle cars, even proper Mustangs!

  3. #63
    Senior Member Too Fast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    54
    Posts
    5,170

    Black
    2000 WS6 6spd Hooker LT

    Quote Originally Posted by 9T8W66 View Post
    My God How these threads get out of hand.
    This is pointless only because everyone will end up being biased towards what ever trans they have. And none of the Info you guys have come up with is anything new then the crap we talked about 10 yrs ago. Also please don't quote Magazine Test numbers either cause unless your at the same elevation and the same Air temp then you can't compare one person's times to another anyway.
    Line em up and run em stock for stock and even with experiencd drivers the outcome could be different everytime. Also contrary to popular belief M6's are not unbeatable from a roll either (Yes this is coming from an M6 owner).
    Relying on the ECM to downshift under WOT is the reason most auto's lose roll races, an Experienced driver can manualy downshift the auto from a roll and still rely on the ECM for the upshifts (I've done it and it works) Remember I'm talking stock for stock when you add stall's in things change dramatically.
    I won't add any of my stock for stock A4 vs M6 experiences only because I don't wish to add any more fuel to the fire of this thread. But I was Street Racing these cars when they were new (1998) and NO MODS were available so don't think for one moment that I don't know what I'm taling about.

    I've owned my LS1 M6 for over 10 yrs Before that I had all Auto's `78 Z28 `79 Trans Am `94 Formula. I enjoyed them all equally but I would never go back to a Auto equipped Performance car now.

    Just my Opinion and that's it.
    Play on Boys
    You have some good points here. It is funny how people get there panties all in a bunch about transmission choices, just like the religious threads do! I for one like to see panties in a bunch, on females of course.

    However, what you say about magazine test numbers is not quite true, all the mags I have read over the last 25 years have almost always reported that stock vs. stock, they prefer manual transmissions because of the (usually) extra gear ratios which give better acceleration, less parasitic drag and better MPG. And I would hope they know about different elevations, weather conditions etc.
    Last edited by Too Fast; 10-27-2008 at 03:45 AM.

  4. #64
    Veteran Hi-Po's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    10,461

    Black
    1999 TA WS.6

    This has been a good talk guys. I feel we are all closer by discussing this important issue.

  5. #65
    Impounded
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Verdigris, OK
    Posts
    2,165

    NBM
    99 z28

    Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Po View Post
    This has been a good talk guys. I feel we are all closer by discussing this important issue.

  6. #66
    U-R-Sofa-King-Retarded SINISTER-TA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    SOCO
    Posts
    844

    NBM
    2002 Trans Am

    I for one am not getting my "panties in a bunch" (as stated in an earlier post). I think this discussion is great and I love it when people get into a good debate over what they agree or disagree with (in this case trannies). Also, why is it that the "self proclaimed" wise one's always post up acting like big daddy. This is just harmless argument over the internet about a transmission choice...like bench racing. I think it's halarious when people start to catch "internet feelings" over a good debate. I stated that I get sick of people always saying how much faster m6's are over a4's. Thats all. The truth is.... they aren't. An egde at best and it totally depends upon the circumstance. Sometimes people make it out to be a highschool drama when it's all in good fun. God forbid you say something about someones my space.....

  7. #67
    Member Piranhaz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Minnesota
    Age
    46
    Posts
    269

    Arctic White
    1999 Trans Am M6

    M6 rules!!!!!!!!!


  8. #68
    U-R-Sofa-King-Retarded SINISTER-TA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    SOCO
    Posts
    844

    NBM
    2002 Trans Am

    Quote Originally Posted by Piranhaz View Post
    M6 rules!!!!!!!!!

    Click for full size
    Your gay.....

  9. #69
    Member Piranhaz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Minnesota
    Age
    46
    Posts
    269

    Arctic White
    1999 Trans Am M6

    Quote Originally Posted by SINISTER-TA View Post
    Your gay.....

  10. #70
    U-R-Sofa-King-Retarded SINISTER-TA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    SOCO
    Posts
    844

    NBM
    2002 Trans Am

    Quote Originally Posted by Piranhaz View Post
    Com on....you can do better than that...

  11. #71
    Member Piranhaz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Minnesota
    Age
    46
    Posts
    269

    Arctic White
    1999 Trans Am M6

    Quote Originally Posted by SINISTER-TA View Post
    Com on....you can do better than that...
    It's early yet...........just trolling

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Land Speed Racers - High-Speed Bombers
    By Ed Blown Vert in forum Almost Anything Goes
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-16-2010, 06:20 PM
  2. lt16 speed compared to an ls1 6 speed
    By NOmulletLs7 in forum Manual Transmission
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-07-2009, 01:26 PM
  3. Dodge Hemi Speed Demon - The Speed Demons
    By Ed Blown Vert in forum Almost Anything Goes
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-10-2008, 09:30 PM
  4. 6 speed 1st geat speed
    By leod123 in forum Firebird / WS6
    Replies: 47
    Last Post: 10-17-2007, 01:41 PM
  5. 17 psi srt4 5 speed vs 6 speed 99' trans am
    By via sin dios in forum Kill Stories
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 05-26-2007, 04:05 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •