Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Simple Ceta Mod---- Pics

This is a discussion on Simple Ceta Mod---- Pics within the Firebird / WS6 forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; You have a pretty hot vehicle man... I wanted a white one that would resembles yours!!!! I am fucken jealous!!!!...

Red/Silver/Black/Red
    TA-G8-Expe-L200-Camaro

Thumbs up Hot Damn!

You have a pretty hot vehicle man... I wanted a white one that would resembles yours!!!! I am fucken jealous!!!!

Red/Silver/Black/Red
    TA-G8-Expe-L200-Camaro

Wink Let's Trade

I admire your vehicle tooooo man!!!!! Let's trade for my Silver one hahahahah!!!

Hey, I posted my Silver TA on Craig's list for a trade... and a guy with a 95 Firebird wanted to trade for my 2000 Silver TA....... Shitttttttttttttttt what was he thinking about?

Take it easy!
    Matttttttttttttttt

Montego Blue
    '07 BMW 328Xi Coupe

Interesting paint job on the bird dude. I love that highrise wing, looks like the batmobile.

Just finished the bumper last night. Might hit it with another shot of clear coat today depending upon how it turned out. Sanded with 320 grit automotive sandpaper, did like 3 or 4 coats of Krylon Fusion Gloss Black and 2 coats of clear.

Red/Silver/Black/Red
    TA-G8-Expe-L200-Camaro

Wink Easy On.............

Hahahahah It Freakin does look like the Mattmobile. Mostly, it really looks good from the rear rather than the side. That piece of shit cost me $800... I wanted the vehicle to look a little different. If I did it over again, I would have gone with a different type of spoiler man! That double deck spoiler makes the vehicle look fast... though it's not that fast with all the weight tagged on to it.

Show me a pic of your vehicle after you get it done. If you are going with Black Gloss, there is not sense in going with clear coat on top. Besides, don't tag on to many coats.... if you hit something in the rear down there, it will all start to crack!!!!

I painted my ground effect by hand and made the mistake of packing on to many coat..... once it crack, you will get a tidal wave!!!!

Easy on the coat Buddy!

Quote Originally Posted by Vertibird54 View Post
    Interesting paint job on the bird dude. I love that highrise wing, looks like the batmobile.

Just finished the bumper last night. Might hit it with another shot of clear coat today depending upon how it turned out. Sanded with 320 grit automotive sandpaper, did like 3 or 4 coats of Krylon Fusion Gloss Black and 2 coats of clear.

Montego Blue
    '07 BMW 328Xi Coupe

Quote Originally Posted by matthewaqui View Post
    Hahahahah It Freakin does look like the Mattmobile. Mostly, it really looks good from the rear rather than the side. That piece of shit cost me $800... I wanted the vehicle to look a little different. If I did it over again, I would have gone with a different type of spoiler man! That double deck spoiler makes the vehicle look fast... though it's not that fast with all the weight tagged on to it.

Show me a pic of your vehicle after you get it done. If you are going with Black Gloss, there is not sense in going with clear coat on top. Besides, don't tag on to many coats.... if you hit something in the rear down there, it will all start to crack!!!!

I painted my ground effect by hand and made the mistake of packing on to many coat..... once it crack, you will get a tidal wave!!!!

Easy on the coat Buddy!

The good news is I think it came out as a semi flat almost even with the clear on there. I need to see it in the daylight to really know what its gonna look like and what I need to do. I'll be on in a little, gonna walk my dog and see how it looks when I come back.

Montego Blue
    '07 BMW 328Xi Coupe

Came out perfectly. Its not 100% smooth and glossy like the original paint is so I captured pretty much everything to the T on making it look like a real CETA. The only bitch I have right now is that the inner portion of the lip didn't come out as well as I thought I would. I may need to go over it again with an artist brush to do some touch paint work but for the most part it didn't turn out too bad for a DIY paint job.

My method was slightly different than yours tho matt. I washed the car, taped off and coverd it, then sanded the entire area even the bottom area down with 320 grit. I didn't go any lower than roughing up the original paint. Whipped it down with a damp microfiber, then started lightly sweeping with the paint until the entire bumper was covered. Let it sit for 5 minutes, hit it, let it sit for 10, hit it, 5, hit it, then an additional 10 and hit it with the clear coat (Duplicolor Truck and SUV), waited 10 and hit it again and called it a day. Had about 14 hours of drying time before removing the tape and plastic. Noticed some overspray on the bumper and took it off with Scratch X (works perfectly for all kinds of imperfections). Im not putting the license plate on or driving it for another couple of hours maybe like 5pm MST just to make sure everything sets real good.

Again, I used the Krylon FUSION Gloss Black (specifically for plastic substrates) and only sanded before applying paint. Gave it the semi rough feel and the semi flat look. 2 coats of clear was plenty and it will ensure that it won't come off at all.

Red/Silver/Black/Red
    TA-G8-Expe-L200-Camaro

Thumbs up Good Going!

Nice Job! Looks good and it looks like you are having the same imperfections that I have had. Just follow my directions in this thread to make it PERFECT.... Walmart man.

You have a nice vehicle for a 17 year old!!!! Take care of that baby!

Oh, by the way, I had some over/underspray and wiped cleaned with a solvent as well. It's always a joy to see your Work of Art huh? Keep that plate off since you used Gloss Paint..... gloss paint is still guey underneath though the surface is dry. I suggest at least a whole week and park the rear of the vehicle of the sun so it bakes in well.

Good day and Vrooooooooooooooom!
    Matthew

Montego Blue
    '07 BMW 328Xi Coupe

Nice Job! Looks good and it looks like you are having the same imperfections that I have had. Just follow my directions in this thread to make it PERFECT.... Walmart man.

You have a nice vehicle for a 17 year old!!!! Take care of that baby!

Oh, by the way, I had some over/underspray and wiped cleaned with a solvent as well. It's always a joy to see your Work of Art huh? Keep that plate off since you used Gloss Paint..... gloss paint is still guey underneath though the surface is dry. I suggest at least a whole week and park the rear of the vehicle of the sun so it bakes in well.

Good day and Vrooooooooooooooom!
    Matthew
    Thank you. I hear ya, im pretty lucky to have this car so I take care of it like its my flesh and blood.

The paint I used dries fully (even tho its gloss) in 24 hours. ITs not the same as normal krylon's shit is which is good. So by 4 today it should be dry all the way through. The clear I used is notorious for drying in 12 hours and making anything beneath it rock hard. Found out about it on tech and decided to give it a shot. So far its living up to that rep.

Im going cruising tomorrow with the locals on the Rocky Mountain section so it better be 100% finished by then . This is my DD so I really have no choice, thats why I went with the fusion stuff.

Red/Silver/Black/Red
    TA-G8-Expe-L200-Camaro

Smile Stock or Not

I think you should have went for the Two Tone Stripes...... blue black anniversary. Did you put those stripes on yourself?

Your exhaust tips, are they Original OEM Stock...... they don't look stock....

Matthew

Montego Blue
    '07 BMW 328Xi Coupe

I think you should have went for the Two Tone Stripes...... blue black anniversary. Did you put those stripes on yourself?

Your exhaust tips, are they Original OEM Stock...... they don't look stock....

Matthew
    Thats the stock optional higher flow exhaust system for base model T/A's. I went with straight black stripes from autograpics.com and had the local tint shop install them for me along with 3M 20% tint. My theme for this car is just black and white, I started with the black chrome C6 wheels and went from there. Its my own unique spin on the real 30th anniversary cars. I originally wanted a black 6 speed T/A but I settled for the polar opposite white A4.

Black
    2002 transam

Ws6ick emblem??

Does anyone know how to buy the ws6ick emblem for transam. I've searched on the website and can't find it. Thanks in advance.

Pewter
    2002 WS6 TA

Hiya,

There is one likely candidate but i am not sure if i am permitted to post their site due to
    our site sponsorship and all of that.

I have PM'd you.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information