Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Simple Ceta Mod---- Pics

This is a discussion on Simple Ceta Mod---- Pics within the Firebird / WS6 forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; I WISH I had a tranny..but man that looks awesome..good job ..great detailing...

eating bulldog
    son of biscuit

I WISH I had a tranny..but man that looks awesome..good job ..great detailing

Red/Silver/Black/Red
    TA-G8-Expe-L200-Camaro

Thumbs up the TA Look

Hey! At least you have one of the last manfactured Fbody 2003 Camaro....... Trans Am have the appearance over the Camaros.......The Honey Comb rear light panel and the Front Fascia takes the gold home for the TA look don't you think?

M..............
    Quote Originally Posted by 35thAnniZ28 View Post
    I WISH I had a tranny..but man that looks awesome..good job ..great detailing

eating bulldog
    son of biscuit

all HAIL TRANS AMS AND CAMAROS~~~~~THE AMERICAN DREAM

Red/Silver/Black/Red
    TA-G8-Expe-L200-Camaro

Post Missing Paint Repair / Final Photos

Okay Kiddies! Here is the final result of my Ceta Product.

Like I mentioned in a previous post, the masking tape unpeal uncovered various paint in the partition divider. Masking it back up and for a repaint to certain areas just does not make any sense because of over spray uneveness. Krylon Semi-Flat paint leaves a very nice texture with a flair of shine even if you never sprayed before. What I mean is that you don't just spray in one area causing a stream to drip. Nice even strokes are necessary. Since it's not Semi-Gloss, it will dry quick enough through the strokes that room for runs should not occur.

At any rate, to get within the minor partition to cover the missing areas, don't use Q-tips. Once again, your paint strokes needs to be even. Drop $2.35 and buy yourself a set of these brushes at Walmart:

Don't use the Flat tip, use the fine Blue pointed tip. That one has the most preciseness and control for your touchup to trace in between the partition. With that brush, you will have plenty of room to work with in the partition. Get a small plastic container and empty some paint from the left over can into it.

When you work the brush, hold it like you would a pencil. Do not get too much paint on the brush to do this job. Rest your palm steady in between the partition and brush stroke. If you do it quick enough before the paint dries, you should be able to refresh the brush with paint and give it another stroke. I suggest going through once and returning to where you began for another coat. The Second stroke coat will give the first one a better binding to your Spray Coat. That's it........ the nice thing about having the brushes and left over paint will be good for future touch-ups.

It was getting dark outside when I completed the brush fix, thus the following final photos are somewhat dark. A Camera Flash reflects off of my vehicle big time and not permitting for the best shots:

Here is the G6 Ceta two piece I was speaking about:

Last edited by matthewaqui; 09-12-2007 at 12:14 PM.

Red
    2001 ws6

came out real nice

Artic white
    2001 Trans am

not trying to hijack the thread or anything but i see how doing the ceta mod is nice looking but i was thinking the other day. how would the TA's look with black tops like camaro's? and black mirriors covers?

red
    1999 WS6

Quote Originally Posted by whiteLS1TA View Post
    not trying to hijack the thread or anything but i see how doing the ceta mod is nice looking but i was thinking the other day. how would the TA's look with black tops like camaro's? and black mirriors covers?
    Like mine:

http://www.nicksolaphotography.com/i.../aid-ws6-1.jpg

Montego Blue
    '07 BMW 328Xi Coupe

Hey matt, did you use any clear coat after you applied the krylon?
    Im gonna swing by checker here this week to pick up some duragloss truck and suv clear coat and 2000 grit sandpaper for my lenses (nite shades mod) so I might have to pick up a can of duragloss semi flat and just get this out of the way at the same time.

Artic white
    2001 Trans am

[QUOTE=AiDRocks;1013899]Like mine:

http://www.nicksolaphotogra<br /> p.../aid-ws6-1.jpg

yea man i like that.vdid you take it in or did you do it yourself. if you did how did you do it i've been looking around to see if anyone has done it. do you think it would look good if i did with my white TA

red
    1999 WS6

[QUOTE=whiteLS1TA;1015270]
    Quote Originally Posted by AiDRocks View Post
    Like mine:

http://www.nicksolaphotogra<br /> p.../aid-ws6-1.jpg

yea man i like that.vdid you take it in or did you do it yourself. if you did how did you do it i've been looking around to see if anyone has done it. do you think it would look good if i did with my white TA
    I personally think this looks good on any T/A that isn't black of course. I had friend from a body shop hook my up. Some lady rear ended me and I needed a new bumper so we ended up doing all this at the same time. Cost me bout $400 and that included a replacement bumper.

You could do the CETA mod on the bumper yourself. I've seen side mirrors go for as low as $50 a pair on eBay. I would have the roof panel painted professionally. You can actually get it done like this for a decent price.

Silver
    2000 TransAM M6

Nice
    I had mine painted along with the roll bar or road bar w/e its called

Montego Blue
    '07 BMW 328Xi Coupe

Does anyone know if just paint will last on the bumper or is it reccommended to clear coat it as well?

Red/Silver/Black/Red
    TA-G8-Expe-L200-Camaro

Thumbs up

No clear coat needed... if you do the clear coat, you are going after a gloss look. Semi-Flat is perfect ..... trust me on this even if you not seen it in person. The Ceta thing is suppose to look plain plastic looking, not looking like a two-tone job on your vehicle. That paint will do fine on your bumper. I have washed it twice without any problems, besides, unless someone rear ends you or your back into something, there is no worry about it coming off. Even on a more positive note, even it comes off in the future, you can do a little sanding and give it another coat on your own. That's the best thing about doing it on your own!!!!

Every time I view the rear of my TA, I still admire that paint job I did on it!!!

Matt

Quote Originally Posted by Vertibird54 View Post
    Does anyone know if just paint will last on the bumper or is it reccommended to clear coat it as well?

Montego Blue
    '07 BMW 328Xi Coupe

Quote Originally Posted by matthewaqui View Post
    No clear coat needed... if you do the clear coat, you are going after a gloss look. Semi-Flat is perfect ..... trust me on this even if you not seen it in person. The Ceta thing is suppose to look plain plastic looking, not looking like a two-tone job on your vehicle. That paint will do fine on your bumper. I have washed it twice without any problems, besides, unless someone rear ends you or your back into something, there is no worry about it coming off. Even on a more positive note, even it comes off in the future, you can do a little sanding and give it another coat on your own. That's the best thing about doing it on your own!!!!

Every time I view the rear of my TA, I still admire that paint job I did on it!!!

Matt
    K cool thanks. Im doing the VHT Niteshades at the same time and those need clear coat so I was just making sure.

Red/Silver/Black/Red
    TA-G8-Expe-L200-Camaro

Red face Black Top

You know, it looks good on this Red TA....... I have a red TA as well but personally would be interested in a black top. Why is that? Because your vehicle top needs to have a little differential between the T top setting and the hood, just like the Targa top corvette. It's in this area that sets the TAs off from the Camaro. The Majority of 4th Gen Camaros all have black tops. The appeal is in the comparison and contrast.

Matthew

Quote Originally Posted by whiteLS1TA View Post

Red/Silver/Black/Red
    TA-G8-Expe-L200-Camaro

Thumbs up What is this?

VHT Niteshades What is that that you are doing? Clear coat to the side view mirrors are always nececessary after a 100,000. Purchased my TA at 111,000 and it needs the clear coat now.

Matt
    Just do your CETA following my directions in this thread and you will do well. Purchase good masking tape. Spray with an even flow and remember not to make it too thick. The Thicker the paint, the higher chance that it will easily flake off! Happy Hunting!

Quote Originally Posted by Vertibird54 View Post
    K cool thanks. Im doing the VHT Niteshades at the same time and those need clear coat so I was just making sure.

Montego Blue
    '07 BMW 328Xi Coupe

Quote Originally Posted by matthewaqui View Post
    VHT Niteshades What is that that you are doing? Clear coat to the side view mirrors are always nececessary after a 100,000. Purchased my TA at 111,000 and it needs the clear coat now.

Matt
    Just do your CETA following my directions in this thread and you will do well. Purchase good masking tape. Spray with an even flow and remember not to make it too thick. The Thicker the paint, the higher chance that it will easily flake off! Happy Hunting!
    DRL's, Side Markers, 3rd brake light. Im probably gonna need another can of shades tho because the one I got from Luos is nearly empty.

Red/Silver/Black/Red
    TA-G8-Expe-L200-Camaro

Thumbs up The Shine On!

Hell yah it came out real nice..... what do you expect after giving up at least 5 dedicated hours to the job hahahahahah!

The result is nice and I have admire the job every time I glance at it... and that's all that matters. The nice part about the rear is the smoothness in the Semi-Flat texture. It shines just barely enough for you to tell it is sweet!!!

Hey, I also have a Red TA with 11,000 miles on it just like yours...... I would never do this CETA mod on that vehicle hahahahah!!!!!

This past weekend, took out the buffing machine to do the Rubbing Compound and Hand Glaze was on the vehicle...... though scratches are out and the paint is smooth almost like new, the Silver vehicle does not shine like a Red one can......

Good day,
    Man-------- Matthew
    Quote Originally Posted by basballny2 View Post
    came out real nice

White 1999 WS-6
    Black 2000 WS-6

White T/A pics
    This was professionally done before I bought it.
    Last edited by DS-LS1; 10-23-2008 at 10:11 AM.

Montego Blue
    '07 BMW 328Xi Coupe

Quote Originally Posted by DS-LS1 View Post
    White T/A pics
    This was professionally done before I bought it.
    Spitting image of mine except for the bumper. www.fquick.com/tealfirebirdv6
    I ended up getting Krylon Fusion Black. Its got a little gloss to it but im trying to match the stripes on the car so hopefully it turns out the way I want it to. BTW Matt, I found some shit at Checker that was Black Wrinkle Texture Paint with plastic substrate. I'd be willing to bet its the same stuff you saw on the G6.

Planning on doing all the paint work this weekend. I might do the sidemarkers tonight to get them out of the way. I'll post pics as soon as its all done.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information