RED
    2001 PONTIAC TA RAM AIR

Silverstar lighting

I bought Sylvania Silverstar Fog lights (880ST), but can't seem to find the same Silverstars for the low beam headlights 4703. Saw an old thread with the same problem. Is this still the case or are there lights to match my foglights. There is a 4703 light Xtravision lighing from Silvania, but not as bright as Silverstar. I think there is a Silverstar Ultra performance 4703, but not sure if it matches good with the fog lights I bought. Any suggestions? Thanks.

11 years of bangin gears cammed goat's Avatar

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

Gonna be tough. I think Silverstars are available in sealed beam.

RED
    2001 PONTIAC TA RAM AIR

Yeah, I think it may be tough. I saw the silverstar sealed beam at one the car shops, but it was not the 4703. So they do have the silverstar, but not the number I am looking for. I have seen 4666 but don't know if that one will actually work as a replacement for 4703.

Flame Red / Orange Custom
    1998 Trans Am

I don't think they make them because when i got my car in 2003 i have been looking but have come up empty handed thus far, but I'll take more of a look again. by the way how do you like the fog lights i got them in mine and they seemed quit a bit brighter then stock how about yours?
    98 Trans Am Custom Paint, Ghost Skuls On Racing Stripe + Custom Front Lip, :MODs Tubular K-member, Tubular Upper and lower A-arms, Tubular Control Arms, 4:10's, Cam L-.567/.575 D@.05-.212/.218,1.85 Roller Rockers, P&P Heads, ARH Headers & HF Cats & Y-Pipe, SLP loudmouth catback, +'s

RED
    2001 PONTIAC TA RAM AIR

I have not put the fog lights on yet because I wanted to put the headlights and foglights at the same so the lights look the same. The old headlights will look different I suppose, much less bright the the new fog lights. Do you have the regular halogen lights on your headlights and the brighter fog lights?

1998 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by REDHEATWS6 View Post
    I have not put the fog lights on yet because I wanted to put the headlights and foglights at the same so the lights look the same. The old headlights will look different I suppose, much less bright the the new fog lights. Do you have the regular halogen lights on your headlights and the brighter fog lights?
    Yeah I have the halogen head lights and the silver stars in the fog lights the difference is not really that different, but the fog lights are a little brighter and more white but it is not that big of a difference. I tried looking every where for our sealed beam headlights but could not find any upgrades, since the I have decided to just make my own with the new C6 Vette lights. Its gonna take some time and a lot of fabrication but its gonna look sweet i'll see if I can get a camera to upload the drawing that I drew out to see how they would look on my car.

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

There was a guy with a Ws6 at a carshow last year and he had HIDs in the lows and the fogs. NBM and was in an issue of GMHTP. Was supercharged. I dunno what HIDs he had in the lows though.

1998 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by REDHEATWS6 View Post
    Ok I got this pic its just a rough draft nothing speical. But it should give you an idea of what im planing on doing. >> << let me know what you think.
    Last edited by Customta98; 07-21-2009 at 05:39 PM. Reason: messed up on image

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

Kinda looks like this:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/98-UP...A1%7C72%3A1171

Either way should be good.

1998 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by cammed goat View Post
    Kinda looks like this:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/98-UP...A1%7C72%3A1171

Either way should be good.
    Yeah I got the idea from that kit but i don't like the square head light in there, so i came up with this all round headlights. Well i really did not come up with it just came to me after my first drive in a C6 Vette, the C6 Corvette designers came up with it I just transfered the idea to a 4th gen Trans Am.

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

Quote Originally Posted by Customta98 View Post
    Yeah I got the idea from that kit but i don't like the square head light in there, so i came up with this all round headlights. Well i really did not come up with it just came to me after my first drive in a C6 Vette, the C6 Corvette designers came up with it I just transfered the idea to a 4th gen Trans Am.
    DO IT!!! It will be 1 of 1.

Custom Swirly Black
    2001 WS6 M6

880st Fog Lights

The cheapest I've found the 880st was on ebay, $20 for 2 of them. Has anyone found them for cheaper?

1998 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by KMdef9 View Post
    The cheapest I've found the 880st was on ebay, $20 for 2 of them. Has anyone found them for cheaper?
    na that seems like a good deal i just got mine from advance auto for $19.98 each so buy em up.

RED
    2001 PONTIAC TA RAM AIR

Quote Originally Posted by Customta98 View Post
    Ok I got this pic its just a rough draft nothing speical. But it should give you an idea of what im planing on doing. >>Click for full size << let me know what you think.
    Looks good!!!

RED
    2001 PONTIAC TA RAM AIR

$20 for 2 sounds very good. Don't think there will be something cheaper. I also got mine for just under 20 each.

Thread Information