Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Silver Birds Unite!!

This is a discussion on Silver Birds Unite!! within the Firebird / WS6 forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; any more silver birds......

Silver
    2000 Trans Am WS6 Ram Air

any more silver birds...

Red/Silver/Black/Red
    TA-G8-Expe-L200-Camaro

Red face The Lone Bird

I guess there are not very man Silver Trans Am floating around. As a matter of speaking, I don't see any Silvers at all here in California.

Silver

Talking

[QUOTE=matthewaqui;1041356]I guess there are not very man Silver Trans Am floating around. As a matter of speaking, I don't see any Silvers at all here in California.

makes us rare...like being different...

Silver
    2002 WS6 Trans Am

Where I live, I've got the only silver bird around. There are 2 black WS6s, and 1 red WS6. Mostly Mustangs around here. Everywhere you look. Easy kills though.

Red/Silver/Black/Red
    TA-G8-Expe-L200-Camaro

Red face Some and Some

Hey, you are living in Kentucky! I would of thought there are more Trans Am around there than that...... well, what about Firebirds? I don't see many V6s around here in California.... other than that, there are quite a couple 3rd generation I also see.

Matttttttttttttttt

Silver
    2002 WS6 Trans Am

Lots and lots of modded Mustangs (can't go 30 seconds without seeing 2), couple v6 Firebirds (seems like they're all green), lots of Corvettes, and the new thing seems to be Chargers. Older muscle cars are around here in fair numbers, like old Cudas and Camaros.

Red/Silver/Black/Red
    TA-G8-Expe-L200-Camaro

Thumbs down California Riding............

Same here in California........ I see Mustangs ranging from every year to every model with male and female drivers. Honestly, they just are irritating to me since they sell like Hotcakes. The Argument is that people were more attracted to them because of the vertical cockpit compared to the Trans Am slant. I believe the interest was based on the pricing. Not racial or anything, but I live almost in the midst of the black community here.. those dudes all go for the Magnum or those 300s... big sellers here, probably much more than the Mustangs.

Those damn Mini Coopers are big here as well..... another that I can't stand. Grandma to the youngins purchase those vehicles.....

After all, I am in California!!!!!1

Matttttttttttttttttttt

Black
    99 SS

here are some pics of my 95

Silver
    2002 WS6 Trans Am

My wife wanted a new Mustang, we actually test drove 3. I wanted a WS6. We couldn't find a WS6 anywhere within 100 miles that had under 100k. The day we were going to buy a new Mustang GT we came across a 2002 WS6 with 17k miles, GM certified on a fresh trade in. It had sat so long the tires were dry rotted and it needed a battery. Not a scratch or blemish on it. They had it stickered at $24k, and the GT we were looking at was $27k. After a 2 hour negotiation, I got the WS6 for $18k and drove it home.

It would have killed my soul to have had to buy her that GT. I've owned GM cars all my life. I had a '79 Camaro, a '79 Nova, an '87 IROC Z, and still have a '88 SS Monte Carlo and a '87 SS Monte Carlo Aerocoupe. Nothing like American muscle cars.

Newest thing around here are the people who have seen too many 'Fast & Furious' movies building up imports.

Black
    99 SS

sorry to get off topic, but what park of KY are you from?

Red/Silver/Black/Red
    TA-G8-Expe-L200-Camaro

Thumbs down Banging American Vehicles

I have never fully own an IMPORT as of yet, though it might not be a bad idea!!! I picked up my Silver TA at 111,000 miles and all I have had is problems, big one and little ones. If you have been on here long enough, you will have seen all of my problem posts. You were proper to purchase that vehicle at the lower mileage. Man, I can't tell if it's the previous owner that didn't take care of the vehicle or what?

I think that imports last much longer than US made vehicle beyond the 100 K mark.

Mattttttttttttttttttttttttt

Black
    99 SS

i think you got a lemon or someoen abused the shit out of it, one of the biggest problems with cars shittout out is that the owner does not keep up with regular service maitence oil changes are a big one.

for instance my dad has had 2 trucks in the last 20 years, his S10 went over 300k before he sold it and is still running to this day, his 2000 silverado has well over 200k on it as of yesterday.

Silver
    2002 WS6 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by Zboner View Post
    what park of KY are you from?
    Henderson (See map) population about 45000. I've actually been to Cinci several times. I worked for GE for 10 years and came up there for GE Days at King's Island every year.

I've had great luck with all my GM cars. My 1993 Cavalier had 186k, my 1994 Grand Prix had 320k, my 1996 Bonneville SSEI had 260k, and my 1988 SS has 505k. (I worked for the Labor's union driving long distances) I maintained my vehicles fairly.

My family has owned the only machine shop in my area since the 40s, and I grew up working on cars (foreign and domestic) and rebuilding engines. I wouldn't have an import. (There are also several domestics I wouldn't have) I support American products and keeping our cash in our economy, not Japan's. That's just my .02.

Red/Silver/Black/Red
    TA-G8-Expe-L200-Camaro

Red face You are right man!

I think that may be the case......................either that or the vehicle was shit out of luck. An Engine oil leak is major especially when it entail the rear gasket. At any rate, I also purchased a Camry at an auction that went Dead after a year. Biggest problem with used vehicle...... but hey, I wanted a daily drive which turned out to be a TA that is not manufactured anymore.

Speaking of that, the previous owner rid the vehicle because of the leaks and traded it in where it was auction off to the used lot. I should have taken that as a sign. At any rate, be weary of used vehicle huh.

matt

Red/Silver/Black/Red
    TA-G8-Expe-L200-Camaro

Red face Used or New

True it is Bro... you evidently have had good luck with all of your vehicle... then again, you must have maintained all of them properly. As I stated in my last post, it doesn't matter how well you maintain your vehicle especially when you are purchasing used. People could have driven the hell out of it.

I purchased a used Saturn that was a rental..........and had to change the rear Struts on it this year. I purchased that used Saturn in pretty good shape, but as a rental, people pound the payment in that vehicle.

Most of the people on this thread who purchased a TA these days are all purchasing it used.

On a last note, many of GMs OEM parts are not well engineered. Take for instance the 89 Firebird rear latch with the Automatic lock down? You didn't need to slam the hatch.... you just need to give it a good push down the mechanism will connect to pull down the hatch. They did away with that because after come slam, the bolt that held the hard plastic mechanism to the bay would crack and come loose. Another example is the headlight gear. that has never been resolved either.

Honestly, I don't know if the engineering was designed to wear out or is just poor as a whole.

Mattttttttttttttttttt

'98,'00 Bird '03, 14 Vets

Quote Originally Posted by matthewaqui View Post
    I have never fully own an IMPORT as of yet, though it might not be a bad idea!!! I picked up my Silver TA at 111,000 miles and all I have had is problems, big one and little ones. If you have been on here long enough, you will have seen all of my problem posts. You were proper to purchase that vehicle at the lower mileage. Man, I can't tell if it's the previous owner that didn't take care of the vehicle or what?

I think that imports last much longer than US made vehicle beyond the 100 K mark.

Mattttttttttttttttttttttttt
    Copy that .... I figure American Steel is good for 150K miles then you have to rebuild them. However, the chassis will last about the same as the Imports so that is a good thing. ~225K in California. Out of state it's a different story. I figure 100K American steel and 150K for imports. It's just the elements that play havic on them. I figure when my Bird hits 150K I'll just throw in a stroker motor or something really nice and drive her for another 100-150K.

I do believe that if you maintain a vehicle they will last. If you drive them without changing fluids and doing those maintenance items they will fall apart pretty quickly. $100 of prevention is worth $1000's of dollars in repairs later.

There is only one other Ls1 Firebird in Livermore that I have seen in over a year .... and it's a Silver WS6 with T-tops. Oh yeah !!!!

Silver

Any more...

Silver
    2002 Firehawk

Silver
    1998 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by svt_eater View Post
    Click for full size
    I want that hood so bad!!!! I need to save up for that. So much better looking than the WS6 hood IMO. Nice hawk!

Silver
    2002 Firehawk

Quote Originally Posted by sirenformula350 View Post
    I want that hood so bad!!!! I need to save up for that. So much better looking than the WS6 hood IMO. Nice hawk!
    Thanks. I have been quite happy with it, and I also preferred the more subtle Firehawk hood over the WS6. I liked the WS6 in Black though, that is one mean looking car. However, I wanted the lower maintenance with Silver. I like the slick look too. The quality of the paint on this car is the best I have ever owned.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information