Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Should I get this?

This is a discussion on Should I get this? within the Firebird / WS6 forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Originally Posted by Sailor Did you take it out and drive it? Before handing over even just the $4k make ...

Black
    2000 T/A

Quote Originally Posted by Sailor View Post
    Did you take it out and drive it? Before handing over even just the $4k make sure engine and tranny and rear end are all good.

Did you do a Carax or AutoCheck on it by any chance?
    I ran the gm vis, and it came back with good. I'm going to order a carfax on it. and yeah
    I think 4k is as high as I'll go on it, because right off the bat I'm going to be out like 450 for tires just so I can drive it, and that's for cheapos.

I'll wait a few days and let him call me.

Black
    2000 T/A

Quote Originally Posted by Sailor View Post
    You seem positive about what you can do for the car so I would tell him $4k, take it or leave it....by asking him to clean it up and to take then more pics so maybe your bank would go higher is going to get him thinking you will pay more...I would get back to him pronto and tell him you thought about it an awful lot and $4k take it or leave it.....My money would be bet that he will take it to get it off his hands....Let him figure out how to pay off the lien but I wouldn't go a penny over $4k for it....( actually, if it was me, I would offer him $3400 take it or leave it ) but I do understand your positive attitude about getting things from the local salvage yard to fix her up..

$4k tops or walk I say

Good luck!
    I wish I had the money to fly out there, and buy yours. I absolutely love formies

Silver 2002 WS.6
    Red 1989 Formula

Dude noooooooooo! This guy treats the car like shit

1. If he hasnt changed the pulley what makes you think he does regular maintance on it?
    2. sounds like he just throws the t-top on the floor when he takes em off
    3. dirty interior
    4. dirty exterior
    5. dirty engine
    6. What is the SES for? And I cant remember what the red light is for at the corner right now. Check gauges i think?
    7. cracked door panels? He seems to roll the windows all the way down
    8. this guy doesnt care about the poor car
    9. its an auto

I think you can find a better car bro.

Black
    2000 T/A WS6

Quote Originally Posted by silverWS.6 View Post
    Dude noooooooooo! This guy treats the car like shit

1. If he hasnt changed the pulley what makes you think he does regular maintance on it?
    2. sounds like he just throws the t-top on the floor when he takes em off
    3. dirty interior
    4. dirty exterior
    5. dirty engine
    6. What is the SES for? And I cant remember what the red light is for at the corner right now. Check gauges i think?
    7. cracked door panels? He seems to roll the windows all the way down
    8. this guy doesnt care about the poor car
    9. its an auto

I think you can find a better car bro.
    +1 couldn't have said it better myself...hence the 2K offer I suggested previously

Red
    1998 Trans Am WS6

Yeah, he may be an older gentleman, but the fact that his stepson wrecked it means that his stepson has been thrashing it- prolly as a part time job between cleaning it with dirt and backing into trash cans.

I like ur optimism for repairing the discrepancies. I see alot of good advice above on the price and making him a take-it / leave-it offer. I can't imagine too many people are in the market to purchase a trashed TA.

Black
    2000 T/A

Quote Originally Posted by weberje View Post
    Yeah, he may be an older gentleman, but the fact that his stepson wrecked it means that his stepson has been thrashing it- prolly as a part time job between cleaning it with dirt and backing into trash cans.

I like ur optimism for repairing the discrepancies. I see alot of good advice above on the price and making him a take-it / leave-it offer. I can't imagine too many people are in the market to purchase a trashed TA.
    yeah, the more I look at it. I see potential but I also see a money pit. I can spend just a little more and make a 3-4 hour drive and get one in nearly perfect shape for 8

Black
    2000 T/A

I'm saying to hell with this guy. I asked him 3 days ago to email me some pictures of the car cleaned up, and he has never replied emails or texts or answered calls. oh well his loss, there are other trans ams out there

ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar

White
    2008 Hummer H3

IMHO 130k, and wreched = JUNK!
    :\Users\Steven\Pictures\d6ftg5nh.gif

Suggestion: If you are particularly irritated by another member's posting habits and are constantly fighting the urge to flame them, you can click on that person's profile, and select "Add to ignore list." This will make that person's posts invisible to you.

Black
    2002 ws6 (6 speed)

i say dont do it, you may have to spend a tad more but you will be pleased when you get something alot nicer

Black
    2000 T/A

I found a 2000 model trans am black w/ ebony interior for $5400 and it's nearly perfect, so i'm going to pass on 5k for a ws6 with more miles and wrecked, I can spend what i'd spend fixing this ws6 to make the black one better than a ws6.

Black
    2000 T/A WS6

Quote Originally Posted by Getzen_Guy View Post
    I found a 2000 model trans am black w/ ebony interior for $5400 and it's nearly perfect, so i'm going to pass on 5k for a ws6 with more miles and wrecked, I can spend what i'd spend fixing this ws6 to make the black one better than a ws6.
    Great idea! Good luck with the TA!

Maple Red Metallic
    2002 Trans Am M6

Quote Originally Posted by Getzen_Guy View Post
    Good idea. And you can spend that money you would've spent to buy the ws6 hood and get it painted to match

That's $5400 for a true WS6? How many miles? How many problems? Still the better deal, though. A high-mileage wreck sounds like even more of a money pit than my high-mileage "bargain."

Black
    2000 T/A

Quote Originally Posted by clovenhooves View Post
    That's $5400 for a true WS6? How many miles? How many problems? Still the better deal, though. A high-mileage wreck sounds like even more of a money pit than my high-mileage "bargain."
    not a ws6, but it's a one owner who lived 40miles away from his job and the car was his dd from day 1

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information