Pewter
    2000 Trans Am

Should I buy????

Does this sound like a good price for $745.00???? I need help. I have a 2000 Trans Am that is stock. I'm looking to spend $800 and need advice. this is from SLP.

This Stage 1 PerformancePac™ contains the following items:
    High-Flow Air-Box Lid (21045)
    Cold-Air Induction Package (21033)
    High-Flow K&N Air Filter (25012B)
    F-Body Smooth Bellows (23065)
    Modular Loud Mouth™ Exhaust System w/3.5" Slash Tips (31042A)
    Stage 1 Fender Badges (pair)

Red
    2001 ws6

no u shouldnt buy, SLP exhaust is way to loud and raspy once u get headers, also in my opinion the bages are useless and what smooth bellows? u only need one......

Pewter
    2000 Trans Am

Magnaflow setup

Ok what if I went with a Magnaflow catback, pacesetter long tubes. Anyone have this setup and what do they think? Does the Y tube come with this or is this something I purchase seperatly?
    I guess my question is what should I do with my $800 for the best setup?

Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 Trans am ws6

i would invest in some long tubes with ory pipe. gives u a lot better sound and more HP.

Red
    2001 ws6

u usually have to get the y-pipe seperate if its no specified, however u can purchase them together but make sure you get the y-pipe, magnaflow will sound good with long tubes, quiet at idel but nice at wot

sold: 1999 firebird
    1998 Trans Am

my car came with that slp 350 performance pac so no harm not foul, didnt cost me,

sounds awsome now i always get compliments, but when its time for headers i will have to drop the slp exhaust for a magnaflow because it does sound THE best,

as for the other stuff in the kit, i wouldn't stress it too much, the reason i think the slp airlid is more free flowing is because the k&n filter doesnt seal completly, so air comes in around the backside, ....unfiltered, but whatever i fabbed up a good seal.

get headers and y pipe, then exhaust, then intake stuff, thats your order of operations

Blackshirt Member SactownHuskers's Avatar

Black
    2001 Trans Am WS6 M6

Why do you recommend that order, justinmc? Just curious because I was actually considering starting with a Flowmaster 40 series muffler. Then later on getting a Custom dual h-pipe set or magnaflow with ory y coming back from pacesetter or ebay headers.

Red
    2001 ws6

ok, why are u guna buy flowmasters just to replace them? save ur money and just do it all at once. I would personally go with the ORY with the pacesetters. If u have the moeny go with the stainless steel. and in order for the headers to get the most hp possible, a cold air intake is necessary eventually. Either volant or SLP cold air intakes are good, i have SLP but recomend volant

Black
    2001 Trans Am WS6 M6

I was gonna get a Flowmaster muffler becuase I like the sound. You think the ory will be better performance wise than true duals with an H? I have a buddy who works in in pro shop and can get the customs job done for a good deal. I thought i'd heard true duals are better performance wise than a y pipe setup. But I could be mistaken.

I don't know that i'll put a cold air intake in. Not concerned with getting every last drop of HP out of the headers. Just want them to add a little volume to the car and the hp is more of a secondary advantage to me.

I wasn't plannin on replacin the flowmaster. But I see the point that if i buy the muffler first then do duals i'd have to get a different one. Wow, can't believe I didn't think of that. Thanks for the comment man.
    Last edited by SactownHuskers; 09-27-2009 at 10:16 PM.

Custom Swirly Black
    2001 WS6 M6

Quote Originally Posted by dtdnick1029 View Post
    Does this sound like a good price for $745.00???? I need help. I have a 2000 Trans Am that is stock. I'm looking to spend $800 and need advice. this is from SLP.

This Stage 1 PerformancePac™ contains the following items:
    High-Flow Air-Box Lid (21045) <- Get this (less than $100)
    Cold-Air Induction Package (21033)
    High-Flow K&N Air Filter (25012B) <- Get this (no more than $60)
    F-Body Smooth Bellows (23065) <- Get this ($20 on eBay)
    Modular Loud Mouth™ Exhaust System w/3.5" Slash Tips (31042A)
    Stage 1 Fender Badges (pair)
    Forget the rest of it and buy a magnaflow catback. That's the best start you can get on that budget. Theres a whole threads already dedicated to exhaust set-ups.

Red
    2001 ws6

Quote Originally Posted by KMdef9 View Post
    Forget the rest of it and buy a magnaflow catback. That's the best start you can get on that budget. Theres a whole threads already dedicated to exhaust set-ups.
    He wants a true duel set-up, in that case i would go with an X-Pipe, then you just need to pick out which bullets you like, i have one magnaflow bullet after my ORY and it sounds great, it all depends what you want.

sold: 1999 firebird
    1998 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by '01BlackWS6 View Post
    Why do you recommend that order, justinmc? Just curious because I was actually considering starting with a Flowmaster 40 series muffler. Then later on getting a Custom dual h-pipe set or magnaflow with ory y coming back from pacesetter or ebay headers.
    you COULD get exhaust first, THEN headers/y pipe but in my experience, its easier to work from the motor back, not as much fabbing as when you start with muffler and go forward then have to drop it out when its time for headers, also gives you more time to contemplate what muffler you want to go with, ask a muffler shop, they should say the same thing

Black
    2002 ws6 (6 speed)

it all just depends on what tone you want the car to be on what exhaust you buy, pretty much since its an ls1, ANY decent exhaust is gonna sound good.

ive got kooks longtubes and y and a magnalow resonater and back out into tips and its EXTREMELY loud because i have no cats or anything. but it sounds awesome
    Last edited by Kaotic_ws6; 09-28-2009 at 11:26 AM.
    1999 mbm Z m6/ forged 346, lt's, wires, ls6 intake, sts rear turbo.

*SOLD*2002 black ws6- <Bolt ons, ls6 heads, mild cam, dyno tune, full susp. and 4.10s> --440rwhp/395rwtq

Negro
    2000 Trans Am WS.6

I vote no, purely because i dont like those setups but that is personal choice...

Custom Swirly Black
    2001 WS6 M6

Quote Originally Posted by basballny2 View Post
    He wants a true duEl set-up, in that case i would go with an X-Pipe, then you just need to pick out which bullets you like, i have one magnaflow bullet after my ORY and it sounds great, it all depends what you want.
    He didn't say anything about dual exhaust. He's looking into catbacks.

Were you suggesting true duals?

Red
    2001 ws6

Quote Originally Posted by KMdef9 View Post
    He didn't say anything about dual exhaust. He's looking into catbacks.

Were you suggesting true duals?
    nope i was refering to 01blackws6....didnt realize he wasnt the OP haha, the OP got thread jacked

Black
    2001 Trans Am WS6 M6

Sorry for Hi-jacking...

Thread Information